Does your child know the nursery rhyme, Little Bo Peep? It all about sheep, so with these free Little Bo Peep Counting and Writing Numbers Words kids will focus is on how many sheep Little Bo Peep has! It’s a simple and effective activity for Preschool, Pre-K and Kindergarten children.
More FREE Number Mats
Little Bo Peep Counting and Writing Numbers Words
Simply download the count and write mats (below) then print off either the color or black and white versions of the mats. To get lots of use out of them, laminate then write on them with dry erase markers or crayons. They can easily be cleaned off afterwards with a tissue.
Print and cut out the sheep and store them in a small ziploc bag so they don’t go missing!
If you’re using the black and white versions your kids can color them before laminating.
Make a book
Instead of using these as separate mats, staple the pages together to make a 1-10 counting book for your child to color. The sheep can be glued onto the grass instead and the book kept for your child to pull out and ‘read’ and show to others.
Little Bo Peep rhyme
Little Bo peep has lost her sheep
And doesn’t know where to find them.
Leave them alone and they’ll come home,
Bringing their tails behind them.
Using these count and write mats
- Teach children the rhyme if they do not know it yet so they understand the context.
- Children choose a mat to work on.
- Look at the number on the top right and say the number.
- Count out that number of sheep to add to the scene.
- Use an erasable marker to trace over the number and number word, using correct letter formation by following the arrows.
- When complete, show their work to a friend, then remove the sheep and erase the writing so it’s ready for next time.
FREE Resources You’ll LOVE
- FREE Nursery Rhymes Worksheets
- Sing a Song of Sixpense Activity
- 10 Ways to Count with free counting mats
- Valentine’s Day mats
Download Little Bo Peep Counting and Writing Numbers Words
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.