With the spread of the flu and germs, we are all becoming more aware of the need to make sure everyone is washing their hands frequently and thoroughly! Keep your family as safe as possible with these 30 clever ideas for making Hand Washing for Kids FUN! Which hand washing activities for preschoolers are your favorites? We have ideas for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, elementary students, and more!
Hand Washing Activities for Preschoolers
As adults, we know that one of the best way to stop the spread of illness is to was our hands, but it’s not always easy to get our children washing their hands too. Use these hand washing activities for preschoolers to keep germs at bay all winter long.
This list includes more than 20 different hand washing activity with some great information and ideas for teaching students about why it’s important to wash their hands, as well as how to wash their hands properly. There are some fun science experiments and other hands on activities, some awesome free printables, some fabulous DIY soaps to make, and lots of ways we can make hand washing fun for kids.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschoolers, daycare, church program, extra curriculular sponsor, or grandparent – you will want to use some of these hand washing games and ideas to keep children washing hands throughout flu season. These ideas are great for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and more!
How to Teach Hand Washing in a Fun Way
Use these hand washing activities to teach your kids why it is so important to wash their hands, and the correct procedure for hand washing, with these fun, hands-on ideas. These handwashing activities for preschoolers are outrageous.
- The Hand Washing Song by The Wiggles.
Such a fun way to learn about hand washing!
- Learn To Wash Your Hands song by Jack Hartmann Kids Music Channel.
This is another super cool hand washing song and video to watch with your kids.
- Hand Washing Songs and Videos from Fun A Day.
There are lots more fun songs about hand washing on this great list.
- Wash Your Hands Sensory Play from How Wee Learn.
This simple sensory play activity helps little ones learn about hand washing.
- Growing Germs from Playdough to Plato.
This fun science experiment will show kids why they need to wash their hands.
- Glitter Germy Hands Experiment from The Soccer Mom Blog.
What a fun way to teach kids good hand washing habits.
- Wash Your Hands Sensory Bin from Toddler Approved.
This is a great hands on way to learn about, and practice, hand washing.
Did you have a favorite hand washing activities for toddlers?
Hand Washing Posters
Download and print these free printable, hand washing posters and fun activities to remind kids to wash their hands. There are lots of wash your hands sign funny for you to print and post by your bathroom and kitchen sinks! You may want to consider laminating your hand washing printable as things around the sink tend to get splashed on!
- 20+ FREE Hand Wshing Posters – include color and black & white options for parents, teachers, and kids of all ages!
- Teaching Kids About Hand Washing: Free Hand Washing Poster from Childhood101.
Print this great poster to remind kids how to wash their hands.
- Hand Washing Coloring Page and Activity from Messy Little Monster.
This cute free printable coloring page is a great way to remind kids how important it is to wash their hands.
- Free Printable Hand Washing Poster from Nurturestore.
These free printable posters help kids remember when to wash their hands.
- Hand Washing Bingo Game from View from a Step Stool.
This free printable bingo game will turn hand washing into a fun game!
- Hand Washing Poster from Scholastic.
This free printable poster could be colored in if you like.
- How to Wash Your Hands Sequencing Pack from Simple Living Creative Learning.
This free printable sequencing activity pack is a great way to learn about hand washing.
- Cute Hand Washing Printable from Mom Endeavors.
This is such an adorable printable poster!
How to Make Homemade Soap
Whether you are looking for a cool and crazy soaps to make with your kids to make washing hands fun or if your local store is out of spa, hand sanitizer, and other cleaning supplies, these homemade soap recipes make washing your hands super fun!
- Unicorn Horn Soap Project from STEAM Powered Family.
Make this gorgeous soap and learn about germs and hand washing too!
- Homemade Rainbow Soap from Art Bar Blog.
This gorgeous soap is so colorful and fun, and easy to make with the kids.
- Mermaid Whipped Soap from Natural Beach Living.
This homemade soap is almost too pretty to use!
- Treat Soap from Kids Activities Blog.
The more you wash with this soap the closer you are to getting the treat! Genius!
- Soap Jellies from STEAM Powered Family.
Kids will love these sparkly, jiggley, squishy, playable soaps.
- DIY Soap Dough from Mama Papa Bubba.
This soft, mouldable, soap is so fun to wash with.
With all these fabulously fun hand washing ideas, the kids will actually enjoy washing their hands, and we’ll all be doing our part to reduce the spread of illness.
Happy hand washing!
Looking for more fun and free pre k worksheets to make learning fun for early learners? Check out these resources:
- Frozen Preschool Worksheets
- Preschool Beach Theme Printables
- If you Give a Mouse a Cookie Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Free Superhero Worksheets
- Rapunzel Worksheets Pack
- Free Weather Printables
- 100 Food Experiments for Kids
- Color Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Community Helpers Coloring Pages
- Lots of fun Shape Crafts for preschoolers
- Preschool Dinosaur Worksheets
- Preschool Cowboy Theme Printables
- 2000+ FUN and Free Alphabet Printables
- Zoo Animal Crafts for Pre-k
- Lots more Free Printable Worksheets with fun themes
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- Monsters Inc Pre k Worksheets
- Princess Worksheets
- Minion Preschool Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables
- Solar System Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Preschool Farm Activities Free
- Free Mouse Paint Printables
- Pre k Sight Words List and free activities to help learn preschool sight words
- Hand Washing Activities for Preschoolers
- 50+ Fun Preschool Science Experiments
- Grab some kid favorite cut and paste worksheets
- **See all of our 5000+ FREE pre k worksheets
You can find all of our 1+ million free printable worksheets for toddler-8th graders here!
- Brain Breaks for kids – studies show that taking a 3-5 minutes brain break increases productivity for the next 45 minutes! Plus, kids need to get the wiggles out and not sit in front of a screen all day as they school at home!
- Keep encouraging kids to wash their hands to fight germs with these 40+ FREE Printable Wash Your Hands Posters
- 1 million FREE Worksheets, Games, and Activities for Prek-8th grade
- Learn about other countries in the news: Spain Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages
- 40 Virtual Fieldtrips for Families