Summer is a great time for learning new things and review skills! These super cute, watermelon theme, tracing shapes worksheets are perfect for summer learning with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too. The free tracing worksheets include a shape recognition element along with the shape tracing worksheets pdf activity. Simply print the shape worksheets for preschool and you are ready for a fun watermelon activities that will have students eager to learn this summer!
Tracing Shapes Worksheets
This fun Shape Tracing activity is a perfect activity to practice learning about 2D shapes with a fun summer twist. Help kids learn and trace shapes with these fun tracing shapes worksheets. Use the watermleon worksheets for a fun summer Math Center with your preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students to practice learning about shapes. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love the quick and easy watermelon math that uses no-prep shape tracing worksheets pdf.
Free Tracing Worksheets
Shape tracing worksheets pdf
Learning 2D Shapes is a basic activity that a learner will need to learn. Making learning about shapes fun and engaging will make learners enjoy learning about shapes. I love making math fun and hands-on and one of the main ways to do this, is to break up the activity into cards rather than making them do worksheets.
The simple action of drawing a card and flipping it over helps to engage a learner a lot more, making the learning process much more fun! This Shapes tracing activity is simply a fun tracing activity, combined with some adorable Watermelon 2D shape cards making this center perfect for a summer activity!
Shape worksheets for preschool
This is a fun and hands-on shapes printable that learners will be able to use over and over again. Once this center is printed and prepped, simply store the pages in a binder and you will have a mess free method of storing this printable.
- Free printable (at the end of this post)
- Dry-erase markers
Shape Recognition worksheets
This center is a very low-prep center which I simply love!
- Print out the required pages and laminate the pages for extra durability.
- Cut apart the pages to create the watermelon 2D shape cards.
- Print the recording sheets and laminate if desired.
- 15 Watermelon shape cards
- Recording sheets (2 Differentiated Versions)
- Black and white version of the printable
Shape Tracing Activity
The printable covers the 15 following shapes:
Present the shape cards along with the recording sheet to your learners. Keep the watermelon shape cards face down, so the learner has to flip the card over.
Depending on the learners needs and abilities, adjust the number of cards being used and the recording sheet as well.
The learner will pick up one of the Watermelon shape cards and flip it over. They will have to identify the shape and then either trace the shape or draw it into their recording sheets depending on which sheet they are using.
The learner will eventually go through the entire pile of cards and thus would have practiced learning about 15 2D shapes with this fun and simple shapes printable.
As always with any activity, make sure the learner is having fun while learning and is enjoying the learning process. Try not to stress out the learner and adjust the activity according to the learners capabilities so that the learner will be able to make the most out of the activity.
Looking for more fun shape printables and ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- FREE Shape Pattern Block Printables
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Shapes in Everyday Objects Clip Cards, 2D Shape Sorting Mats, Color Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
Shape Activity for Preschoolers
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Shape Matching Wheel Activity
- Shape Buddy Preschool Shape Activities and Crafts
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- 2d Shape Sorting Printable free
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- FREE Shapes in Everyday Objects Clip Cards,
- Frog 2D Shape clip cards.
- FREE Color Sorting Mats
- Tracing Shape Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Looking for more watermelon activity ideas or two to make a week long watermelon theme or dive into the letter w is for watermelon? You will love these fun activities and free printables:
- Count playdough “seeds” with these adorable, Free Watermelon Printables
- Rows and rows of Watermelon Math Number Lines
- Fun-to-play with Fluffy Slime Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Cute Suncatcher Watermelon Craft
- W is for Watermelon HandArt Project
- Scented, Watermelon Kool Aid Play Dough Recipe for summer
- Watermelon Slime Activity for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Volcano Watermelon Experiment – Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Free Tracing Shapes Watermelon Worksheets
- Work on Counting with these Watermelon worksheet
- Hands-on Alphabet practice with this Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Find the Letter Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Printable Counting Clip Cards
- Free Watermelon seed counting Activity with printable
- Hands-on Watermelon Activity adding seeds with kids fingerprints
- Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Addition within 10 Watermelon Printable Math Activity
- Number Puzzles Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Ryming Words Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon Letter Matching Game
- Fact Family Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Life Cycle Spinner
- Squish Bag Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Plus don’t miss these Watermelon Activities
Summer Math Activity
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.