Watermelon is the fruit that just screams summer (not literally, of course). My kiddos love sinking their teeth into fresh cut, juicy watermelon during the hot summer months! August 3rd is dedicated to the pinkish-red flesh and green rind fruit. Celebrate Watermelon Day with your kiddos with these fun to do watermelon crafts and activities!
On Watermelon Day this August 3rd (or whenever the mood strikes), serve up some delicious watermelon slices, read a watermelon themed book (our favorite is The Watermelon Seed), and pick a craft and/or activity to do!
There’s something for everyone!
- Handprint Watermelon Craft – I just love handprint art! This Watermelon themed handart is so pretty!
- Watermelon Garland: Summer Craft – This is fun to make and a pretty decoration for summer or your watermelon theme (Schooltime Snippets)
- Watermelon Sponge Painting – Kids will love this creative way to paint watermelons. (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
- Watermelon Painted Rocks – How cute are these darling rocks! (Projects with Kids)
- Watermelon Squishy Craft – This is a fun “stress ball” craft for kids that is simply darling. (Buggy and Buddy)
- Watermelon Pinwheel Craft – Make a classic pinwheel with a twist (Kids Craft Room)
- Pom Pom Painted Watermelon – This is another fun way to paint for kids (Happy Toddler Playtime)
- Easy Paper Plate Watermelon Craft – This watermelon craft is so simple, with such stunning results (Simply Today Life)
- Suncatcher Watermelon Craft – this is such a pretty, easy-to-make summer craft
- Puffy Paint Watermelon – This craft is so simple to make with such fun results (Crafty Morning)
- Paper Plate Watermelon Purse – Your little girl will love making her very own watermelon themed purse! (Untrained Housewife)
- Watermelon Flower Pot – This is a fun, practical craft that would make a great kid made gift (Mommy Moment)
- Watermelon Perler Bead Keychain – My kids are always looking for fun perler bead projects! (Twin Dragonfly Designs)
- Exploding Watermelon Science – This is a simple science experiment that helps kids learn about potential and kinetic energy
- Watermelon Counting Fine Motor Activity – This is such a clever math activity that doubles as a beautiful craft (The Kindergarten Connection)
- Watermelon 1-10 Clip Cards – Practicing Counting to 10 with these free printable clip cards (Preschool Play & Learn)
- Homemade Watermelon Playdough – Your kids will want to dig into this beautiful watermelon Playdough (Parenting Chaos)
- Watermelon Volcano – Have you made a traditional volcano with your kids? This is like the classic experiment with a fun twist (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Watermelon Sight Word Tracing – Sneak in some learning with these Watermelon Sight Word Tracing activity (The Kindergarten Connection)
- Watermelon Kinetic Sand – Kids will love digging into this kinetic sand with a watermelon twist (Inspiration Labs)
- Watermelon Sensory Bin – This watermelon themed sensory bin is perfect for your watermelon week (Teaching Special Thinkers)
- Watermelon I SPY Printable – Help kids practice visual discrimination with this free watermelon I Spy Game (And Next Comes L)
- Watermelon Slime – Do your kids love slime? If so, don’t miss this watermelon Slime from The Littles and Me
- Watermelon Sand – this is such a fun, hands on activity kids will love to dig their hands into
- Hammering Tees Into Watermelons – Help kids strengthen their hands and work on coordination with this outrageously fun activity form Fun Learning for Kids
Dive deeper into your watermelon theme with these fun, free watermelon printables for kids of all ages.
- Watermelon Seed Counting Set is a fun, engaging way for kids to practice math during the summer
- Printable Watermelon Seed Counting Book – Kids will be so proud to color and assemble their very own book while practicing counting
- Watermelon Preschool Pack Printables allow kids to practice a variety of skills with a fun watermelon twist (Miniature Masterminds)
- Watermelon Alphabet Mats are a fun way for kids to practice making upper and lowercase letters while working on pincer grasp
- Kids will have fun practicing counting to 20 with these Watermelon Seed Playdough Mats
- Practice what comes next with these Free Watermelon Number Line Strips
- These Watermelon Alphabet Clip Cards are a great way to work on letter discrimination
- Sneak in some math with these Watermelon Fact Family Worksheets