We love to sneak in some fun, themed summer math to avoid summer loss. And nothing says summer like watermelon activities like this addition within 10 activity that is perfect for your watermelon theme. This learning activity helps kids brains working so they don’t forget math skills during the break. This super cute, free printable, watermelon math focuses on helping preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students practice addition within 10 with a fun, hands on activity! Simply print watermelon printables and you are ready to play and learn with this summer activity for kids.
Nothing says summer like a lazy warm day with a gentle breeze. We love to pack a picnic and head to one of our favorite parks to spend the day. We love eating summer favorite food the watermelon to cool off, keep sugars, and enjoy a healthy refreshing treat. So I decided to make a watermelon themed math activity to help them review some skills in August before jumping into the next school year…. happening far too soon. This watermelon math helps preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students practice adding numbers 1-10.
Print all the pages in color. I prefer to print on cardstock or laminate for durability. Use scissors to carefully cut out the watermelon slices and the watermelon seeds. I like to store the pieces in ziplock bag or folder for ease of use again and again. You can set out with unifix cubes, watermelon erasers, or red and green skittles (or m and m) as counters if your child could use the hands on counting help.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, you will love this fun math activity for summer learning!
Addition within 10
Depending on the ages of your student, you can just put out a couple slices at a time or if your child is ready, you can set out all 10 slices. Students will look at a seed and add up the numbers. Then they will place the seed on the watermelon slice that displays the correct sum. Repeat until the seeds have been placed on all the correct watermelon pieces.
This is such a fun, hands on math activity to practice addition with kindergartners.
Looking for more watermelon activity ideas or two to make a week long watermelon theme or dive into the letter w is for watermelon? You will love these fun activities and free printables:
- Count playdough “seeds” with these adorable, Free Watermelon Printables
- Rows and rows of Watermelon Math Number Lines
- Fun-to-play with Fluffy Slime Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Cute Suncatcher Watermelon Craft
- W is for Watermelon HandArt Project
- Scented, Watermelon Kool Aid Play Dough Recipe for summer
- Watermelon Slime Activity for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Watermelon Volcano Experiment – Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Counting with these Watermelon worksheet
- Hands-on Alphabet practice with this Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Find the Letter Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Printable Counting Clip Cards
- Free Watermelon seed counting Activity with printable
- Hands-on Watermelon Activity adding seeds with kids fingerprints
- Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Addition within 10 Watermelon Printable Math Activity
- Number Puzzles Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Ryming Words Watermelon Activity
- Watermelon Letter Matching Game
- Fact Family Watermelon Worksheets
- Watermelon Life Cycle Spinner
- Squish Bag Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Plus don’t miss these Watermelon Activities
See all our watermelon activities for kids, watermelon activities (for older kids) and our watermelon activities for preschoolers
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Watermelon Addition Within 10 activity
- 100 Epic Addition Activities
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Printable Number Bonds Games
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Free Printable Pumpkin Sum Game
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All materials provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply