We love to sneak in some fun summer learning activities to keep kids brains working so they don’t forget math skills during the break. This super cute, free printable watermelon math focuses on helping preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students practice addition within 10 with a fun, hands on activity!
Nothing says summer like a lazy warm day with a gentle breeze. We love to pack a picnic and head to one of our favorite parks to spend the day. We love eating summer favorite food the watermelon to cool off, keep sugars, and enjoy a healthy refreshing treat. So I decided to make a watermelon themed math activity to help them review some skills in August before jumping into the next school year…. happening far too soon. This watermelon math helps preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students practice adding numbers 1-10.
Print all the pages in color. I prefer to print on cardstock or laminate for durability. Use scissors to carefully cut out the watermelon slices and the watermelon seeds. I like to store the pieces in ziplock bag or folder for ease of use again and again. You can set out with unifix cubes, watermelon erasers, or red and green skittles (or m and m) as counters if your child could use the hands on counting help.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, you will love this fun math activity for summer learning!
Adding Within 10
Depending on the ages of your student, you can just put out a couple slices at a time or if your child is ready, you can set out all 10 slices. Students will look at a seed and add up the numbers. Then they will place the seed on the watermelon slice that displays the correct sum. Repeat until the seeds have been placed on all the correct watermelon pieces.
This is such a fun, hands on math activity to practice addition with kindergartners.
Looking for another watermelon activity or two to make a week long watermelon theme or dive into the letter w is for watermelon? You will love these fun activities and free printables:
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Watermelon free printable Number Line
- Cute Watermelon Suncatcher Craft
- Watermelon Handprint Art Project
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- free Watermelon seed counting worksheet
- Hands-on Watermelon Alphabet Mat Printable
- Watermelon All About Me Poster
- Watermelon Counting Clip Cards
- Hands-on Watermelon Counting Activity
- Watermelon seed counting worksheet
- Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers
- Watermelon Life Cycle Spinner
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- Watermelon Addition Within 10 activity
- 100 Epic Addition Activities
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Printable Number Bonds Games
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet – Addition Practice
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Free Printable Pumpkin Sum Game
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, math games for kids, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Watermelon Addition Within 10
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.