Flowers are blooming all around us in spring and summer. So we decided to use flower printables to work on a fun shape recognition activity! These shape printables allow preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to work on shape recognition of the 13 most common shapes. This flower activity is perfect for a flower theme, spring theme, or summer learning. Simply download pdf file with shape printables and you are ready to play and learn with these clipards.
These Flower 2D Shape Clip Cards are a fun way to learn 2d shapes with a fun, flower theme. These provide preschoolers and kindegartners a chance to practice both learning their shapes and their fine motor skills at the same time.
Free printable flowers
These clip cards are perfect for introducing shapes to your learners. These are perfect for preschoolers who need a little more practice with their shapes or just to touch up on their shape recognition. The clip cards can be used in a spring math center or just as is.
Printable 2d shapes
This printable contains 13 shape clip cards to learn about the following shapes: circle, square, rectangle, square, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, star, crescent, heart, rhombus / diamond, oval, and trapezoid.
The printables come in blackline to save you on printer ink costs and cheerful color that you can laminate for durability.
Preparing the printable:
- Print the pages either in colour or black and white.
- Cut apart the cards.
Flower Activity for Preschoolers
Provide the cards to your learners along with the clothespins or circle counters.
Ask your learners to identify and name the shape of the flower. Get them to clip the correct matching shape. They can also just cover the shape with circle counters as well.
Using clothespins, will help to train their fine motor skills and develop finger strength, as they pinch the clothespin.
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Shape Matching Wheel Activity
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Frog 2D Shape Clip Cards
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- Hands-on Flower Digraph Activity for Kindergarten and Grade 1 Kids
- Flower Number Printable Writing Numbers 1-30
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Digraph Flower Printable Activity
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
Spring Math for Preschoolers
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.