Flowers are blooming all around us in spring and summer. So we decided to use flower printables to work on a fun shape recognition activity! These shape printables allow preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to work on shape recognition of the 13 most common shapes. This flower activity is perfect for a flower theme, spring theme, or summer learning. Simply print pdf file with shape printables and you are ready to play and learn with these clipards.
These Flower 2D Shape Clip Cards are a fun way to learn 2d shapes with a fun, flower theme. These provide preschoolers and kindegartners a chance to practice both learning their shapes and their fine motor skills at the same time.
Free printable flowers
These clip cards are perfect for introducing shapes to your learners. These are perfect for preschoolers who need a little more practice with their shapes or just to touch up on their shape recognition. The clip cards can be used in a spring math center or just as is.
Printable 2d shapes
This printable contains 13 shape clip cards to learn about the following shapes: circle, square, rectangle, square, pentagon, hexagon, octagon, star, crescent, heart, rhombus / diamond, oval, and trapezoid.
The printables come in blackline to save you on printer ink costs and cheerful color that you can laminate for durability.
Preparing the printable:
- Print the pages either in colour or black and white.
- Cut apart the cards.
Flower Activity for Preschoolers
Provide the cards to your learners along with the clothespins or circle counters.
Ask your learners to identify and name the shape of the flower. Get them to clip the correct matching shape. They can also just cover the shape with circle counters as well.
Using clothespins, will help to train their fine motor skills and develop finger strength, as they pinch the clothespin.
Looking for some simple, no prep free shape worksheets to make practicing learning shapes fun? You will love these shapes worksheets for kindergarten and early learners:
- These Do a Dot Printables Shape Worksheets use bingo dauber markers to make them perfect for young learners!
- Complete these super cute Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdough or laminate and trace with dry erase markers
- Complete a HUGE variety of activities with these free shape printables pack
- It doesn’t get much simpler that thes handy, FREE Shape Worksheets – pick a shape and trace the shape in different sizes along with learning the shape name too.
- Handy Tracing Shapes Worksheets for Kindergartners learning their shapes
- Christmas Cut and Paste Shape Worksheets
- Or work on shapes with these cute Gingerbread Worksheets for Preschool
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable Worksheets to use on their own or make into a shape book once you complete the pages
- Circle the shape with these Spider Worksheets Preschool that work on shape recognition
We also have free shape printables from readers to shape puzzles, shape crafts, free printable shape flashcards, and more!
- Shapes coloring pages to learn your shapes including real world objects to color, shape word to trace, and more!
- Grab these Free Printable Shape Puzzles to work on 2d and 3d shape recognition with early learners!
- Simple Mouse and Lion Strips allow kids to practice Tracing Shapes for Preschoolers
- Work on Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with this Pirate Shapes Printable Reader
- Match the flower shapes with the correct shape word with this pretty, fun and FREE Flower Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Learn Shapes while tracing, coloring, and making a fall leaf book with this Fall Kindergarten Activity
- Fun Shape Flashlight Constellations activity for kids
- Flower Shape Printable Clip Cards
- Grab these handy shape flashcards to hang on the wall or use in shape games
- Drive your hot wheels on these Road Shapes Mats to learn your preschool shapes while having FUN!
- Free Shape Matching Wheel Activity
- Free printable shape activity for preschoolers with popsicle sticks, trace the shape word, and identify the shapes
- Shape Buddy Preschool Shape Activities and Crafts
The following activities help kids work on grouping similar shapes together:
- Super cute, hands-on Spider Shape Sorting Mats
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity for kids
- Sort the fall leaves with this Free Printable Leaf Activities for Kindergarten
- Balloon Shape Matching Activity
- Happy Pumpkin Shape Matching Game for October
- Popsicle Shape Sorting is a fun, engaging Summer Preschool Activities
- Shape Activities for toddlers with printable cards and popsicle sticks
Kids learn best when they are having FUN! Try one of these fun shape games that are completely FREE!
- Match real world objects with their correct shapes in this super cute, fun Shape BINGO Game
- Play this Free Shape Games with a printable gameboard
- Work on shapes with this Groundhog day activities for preschoolers
- Plant a Pumpkin Patch with this fun Pumpkin Shape Matching Game
- Free Tanagram Shapes Printable
- Work on learning shapes with this free Christmas Preschool Activities
- Fish themed, free pritnable Shape Matching Game
- Head out on a Shape Scavenger Hunt with our printable shape flashcards
- Do you want to build a snowman? Build a shape Snowman activities for preschoolers
- FREE Shape Pattern Block Printables
Shape Playdough Mats
Young kids learn best by doing and getting their hands involved! These shape playdough activities are a great way to not only learn shapes, but strengthen hand muscles too!
- Super cute Monster Playdough mats for making shapes and learning shape names
- Happy Pumpkin Playdough Mats for working on forming shapes
- Trace & Erase or build with playdough Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Build a pretty spring flower while practicing making preschool shapes with these cute Flower Playdough Mats
- Make a shape carrot out of playdough in this Spring Preschool Activity
- Spring Rainbow themed 2D Shape Playdough Mats
- Build some Shape Chocolates with this free printable valentine activities for preschoolers
- Ready for some summer fun? Build some delious Ice Cream Shapes with this fun ice cream preschool activities
- Plus, don’t miss these fun shape books for kids or these free printable shape scavenger hunts
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- Hands-on Flower Digraph Activity for Kindergarten and Grade 1 Kids
- Flower Number Printable Writing Numbers 1-30
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Digraph Flower Printable Activity
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
Spring Math for Preschoolers
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.