Kids of all ages will love making these beautiful Christmas suncatchers using sharpie markers. There are so many options for creating a truly beautiful Christmas craft for kids from preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. Plus, you will love how easy this suncatcher craft is to make!
We love making easy Christmas crafts during the holiday in December. Not only are they fun to make, but they make great Christmas presents kids can make and they make our house look so pretty too! You will love that these pretty Christmas suncatchers are super easy to make and turn out so well. This easy suncatcher craft is sure to brighten up any window or glass door in your house! This Christmas craft project is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
You will love how easy the technique that answers a common question – can you use sharpies on suncatchers? YES!
Can you use sharpies on suncatchers
Start out by drawing your Christmas tree, an ornament ball, wreath, or other easy Christmas theme your child would like. You can include nutcrackers, Santa, elves, Christmas lights, and more! You should draw carefully using a sharpie on a sealed laminator sheet or projector sheet.
HINT: Make sure to protect your work surface from any runaway sharpie markers as they do stain. We like to draw on Amazon cardboard boxes we have laying around!
If you are making a suncatcher ornament, start by carefully use scissors to cut out a circle from construction paper; you can use any color you like: red, green, blue, yellow, orange, pink, purple, etc. Then cut the inside out. Set ornament outline in a laminator pouch and seal. Then cut the ornament out.
Christmas Craft Preschool
Using sharpie, color in the Christmas item you outlined in black sharpie. Make sure to use a variety of colors to make a beautiful Christmas Sharpie Suncatcher Craft for Kids.
Easy Suncatcher Craft
As much as we loved decorating the Christmas Tree craft, I think we enjoyed making our own personalized ornament craft for kids more. You could make one per child.
These came out so pretty decorating our windows in December. This is the perfect simple preschool Christmas craft.
EASY Christmas Crafts
This Christmas Suncatcher craft is easy to make and so beautiful!
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!