This super cute and easy to make grinch themed party is sure to be a hit for classroom parties, preschool fun, or a December birthday party ideas. From Grinch snacks like green grinchy jello to Max pudding cups, Grinch craft decorations like a peppermint twist Christmas Tree, and Grinch Activities for December – this is sure to be a huge kit!
Grinch Themed Party
My youngest daughter has a birthday when the Christmas decorations are already up. That makes it a little tricky to have a theme when your house is already themed for Christmas. Then it hit me, a grinch themed party would be perfect! It was super cute and a huge hit so I thought I’d share it with you. So take a peak at our cute grinch games, Christmas food, and more in our grinch party. This is such a December idea for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1 students, and elementary age kids!
We recreated some favorite Mr. Grinch characters out of snack cups! The kids went crazy over these chocolate and butterscotch Max cups, lime jello and pear Grinch cups, and red jello Santa cups. I used a black sharpie and then used a hot glue gun to affix the googly eyes, brown foam ears, pom pom noses, and candy cane horn.
Santa Grinch Fruit Kabobs
We made these cute Santa Mr. Grinch snacks by stacking on each toothpick: mini marshmallowsquartered strawberries, smashed mini marshmallow, and green grape. Cute and healthy snack!
You’re a Mean One Mr Grinch Pasta
We added a more “main dish” food by cooking “spinach spaghetti” using package directions. We tossed it in a little butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then we put 2 fried eggs on top to make the grinch’s eyes.
Christmas Tree Roast Beast Sandwiches
To make this festive main dish we started with spinach tortilla shells. Then we mixed 8oz tub of garlic & herb cream cheese with 1/2 cup mayo and spread it lightly all over the tortilla shell. Next we added 2-3 slices of roast beast per shell (roast beef for non Whooville residents; you’ll need about 1 pound). Then roll up the tortilla. Repeat to use up all the tortillas. Refrigerate the rolled up tortillas for 30+ minutes to make it easier to cut. Carefully slice into 2-3″ slices and start stacking up on a platter.
Cut a start out of a pepper. Use remaining yellow along with red and orange pepper to cute small pieces as ornaments. Decorate the sandwich tree. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Grinch Pretzel Cookies
These super easy Grinch cookies are always a big hit. On a microwave safe plate set square pretzels. Place a green candy melt on top of each pretzel. Now microwave for 2 minutes at 50% power. Pull out of the microwave and immediately set a candy heart on each green candy melt. Allow candy to cool / harden before serving or stacking to store.
Grinch Punch Recipe
This cute Grinch Punch Recipe is super simple to make. Right before you are ready to serve, dump in a punch bowl mix a large can of pineapple juice, large bottle of Sprite, and spoonfuls of lime sherbet. On the top put leftover candy heart .
How beautiful is that? This punch has a great flavor without being heavy or overly sweet. YUM!
Here is our Grinch Party table. Simple, pretty, and delicious. We played up the fun colors and patterns from Whoville without going overboard on the Grinch face. Plus it was cheaper that way. We used this disposable polka dot table cloth, green zig zag wrapping paper, green plates, red zig zag napkins, these Grinch dessert plates, and this cute Grinch balloon.
Peppermint Candy Centerpiece
I made this super striking, and easy to make center piece by using a hot glue gun to attach peppermint candies to this Styrofoam tower. After the party, we use this as a pretty centerpiece all December long.
I kept it simple with the birthday cake this year. Of course I used our famous buttercream frosting and made a simple face with tinted buttercream frosting piped through a sandwich bag.
Grinch party games
Simple Ornament Toss Christmas Game
For this simple game, kids tossed shatterproof ornaments in a large, gift wrapped box. It was so simple, but the kids LOVED this activity.
Low Prep Pass the Present Christmas Game
For this simple, low prep game you just need to wrap an empty box. Play The Grinch music while kids pass the present around the circle. If kids are stuck with the present when the music stops they loose. Here are some fun modifications based on your group:
- kids can unwrap one layer of wrapping paper each time it stops – inside is small trinket or candy for everyone playing
- if kids get stuck with present have them say something they love at Christmas; repeat
- when the music stops, whoever has the present, moves to the middle of the circle until they switch places with the next child who ends up with the gift.
Grinch Games for Kids
Grinch Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Grinch Crafts and Grinch Activity Ideas for the holiday season? check out these projects:
- LOTS of Grinch Crafts and Activities
- Oh-so-Green Mr. Grinch Slime Recipe
- Throw a fun Grinch Themed Party with Grinch food, crafts, activities and more!
- Grinch Alphabet Puzzles
- Yummy Grinch Christmas Cookies Recipe
And if you’re looking for other Christmas themed math practice, check out the FREE “12 Days of Christmas Math” which includes math activities and games for Kindergarten through Algebra!
- Roll and Cover Christmas Math for Preschoolers
- Christmas Connect the Dots (counting to 10 or 15)
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Pack of Christmas Dot to Dot Worksheets (counting 1-50)
- Free Christmas Fact Families with addition and subtraction practice
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Coloring Worksheets (counting to 100)
- Twas the Night Before Christmas Printables Count to 10 Booklet
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Christmas Counting Cookies Clip Cards
- Cut and Paste Christmas Math Worskheets reviewing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Solve & Stamp: Christmas Math Worksheets (addition/subtraction)
- Fun Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles
- Christmas Cut and Paste Shape Worksheets
- Counting Christmas Cookies Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas Color by Number – color by addition and subtraction
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than Worksheets
- Decorate a Christmas tree with math – Christmas Word Problems
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Decorate the Math Christmas Tree by solving equations adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- 20 Amazing Christmas STEM Activities
- Christmas Number Tracing Printables
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Word Family Christmas Printables
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 200+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!