This is my favorite Christmas Tree Crafts we’ve made. I love how the three unique techniques we used came together to create a stunning keepsake which continues to be one of my favorite Christmas Crafts for years to come. This Christmas art project is perfect for celebrate the holiday in December with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students!
Christmas Tree Craft
We’ve done several Christmas Tree Crafts over the years, but this one continues to be a favorite of mine. I love how the tp roll stamped circles, finger print ornaments using stamp pad, and acrylic paint come together in different layers to create a truly beautiful and unique Christmas Craft for Kids that my daughter is still so proud of. I smile every time I walk past it hanging on our wall! This easy Christmas crafts is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Christmas Tree Craft for Kids
First you will need piece of cardstock or canvas. (I love using canvas for special projects. Not only are they easier to hang and keep, but kids are so proud of their professional projects.)
Now, using a pencil, lightly draw a triangle covering most of the surface of the project leaving a 3-4” blank at the top and bottom.
Using three different shades of green acrylic paint, have your child stamp circles in the triangle using an empty toilet paper. The overlapping shades of green will create a beautiful tree.
Easy Christmas Crafts
You need to wait until your tree dries before continuing. Tip: We dried our with a hair dryer in 30 seconds.
Have your child use their fingers to make lights in the Christmas tree using the stamp pad.
Christmas Crafts to Make
Isn’t it pretty? I love how the many green circles stamped look like a full Christmas tree with lots of dimension and visual interests. The pretty colorful ornaments look buried in the tree and the acrylic garland seems to pop off the canvas!
Christmas Craft Ideas for Kids
As our final step we used puffy paint to add garland and ball ornaments.
I think it gave our Christmas Tree Craft a very polished look to have the depth of these three different techniques. This piece of art is proudly hanging on our wall.
Christmas Books for Kids
Looking for some new favorite Christmas picture books to snuggle up and read to your child in December? You will love these Christmas books for preschoolers.
Ornament Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun and easy ornament crafts to make with your kids in December. You will love these ideas:
- Kids will love this fun activity with Christmas magic – Grow a Candy Cane
- Gorgeous Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Peppermint Candy Ornaments
- Easy Melted Crayon Ornaments to use up small crayon pieces
- Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Gingerbread Pirates Craft Ornament
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Stick Christmas Tree Craft
- Paper Strip Easy Ornament Craft
- Cute Christmas Bell Craft
- Star Christmas ornament crafts for kids
- Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Easy Melted Bead Ornaments
- Simple, I Spy Name Ornaments
- Colorful Pom Pom Ornaments
- Candy Cane Puzzle Piece Ornaments
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- 31 Fun December Activities for Kids
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 100+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!