Do your kids love making pictures and ironing perler beads? Also known as fuse beads, perler bead crafts are a great way to strengthen pincer and fine motor skills as children manipulate the small beads. We decide to try a different type of perler bead craft to make presents for families members this year. For this super easy melty beads craft we made a diy picture frame craft and it came out really pretty. This is a fun Christmas craft for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first graders, 2nd graders, and 3rd graders too.
Perler Bead Craft
I am always looking for simple craft ideas that my preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students can make. This perler bead craft is so beautiful and yet so simple for kids to make. You are going to LOVE it! This is the perfect Christmas craft for kids of all ages and makes a great gift for grandparents and parents. Use your melty beads, also known as fuse beads, to create a beautiful picture frame craft perfect for any time of the year.
Seriously, this is the easiest craft you will make, but the results are stunning! My kids were wowed by the many tiny colors in the christmas frame craft.
Melty Beads Craft
You will need perler beads, a metal cookie cutter, and a disposable or silicon pan the size you want the picture frame to be – we used a bread pan.
For the metal cookie cutter -this is your main accent, I suggest you pick something pretty simple so as not to distract from the colorful frame or the picture you are going to display in your frame craft for kids. We picked a Christmas tree to make it a Christmas craft for kids to give to grandparents, but you can use any theme to make it a fun gift or diy project for all year.
Fuse Beads Craft
We used a disposable loaf pan we had laying around. Then we put a metal cookie cutter of a tree in the middle and then filled perler beads (fushion beads) around the cookie cutter filling all the space in the pan so it was about 1” or so thick (several layers).
Picture Frame Craft Ideas
Melt Perler Beads. Put your project in oven at 375 F for about 20 minutes or so. You want the beads to completely melt and run together.
If you can still see holes between the beads and from the whole in the middle of the perler beads then keep cooking.
Hint: Surprisingly, the melting beads don’t really smell or produce any fumes. But always use your best judgment and watch the melting process closely to ensure you get your desired results.
Christmas Craft for Kids
Remove Melted Bead Frame from the Pan. Allow the melted beads to cool in the pan about 5 minutes. (no longer). Now carefully pop out the cookie cutter. Finally loosen the melted plastic beads from the pan and pop out. Allow the frame to cool completely before framing a picture or wrapping.
Christmas Picture Frame Craft
Now pick your favorite picture and affix on the back of the Perler Bead Picture Frame with tape. You can add cardboard to make the frame stand up.
This makes such a fun, colorful Christmas Gift for Grandparents, Cousins, or friends.
Christmas Books for Kids
Looking for some fun Christmas picture books to add to your collection. These are some of our favorite children’s Christmas books to read in December.
Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Colorful Bowl Perler Bead Craft for Kids
- Paper Wreath Christmas Craft
- Pom Pom Ornament
- 19 Grinch Crafts for Kids
- Sharpie Suncatcher Christmas Craft
- Craft Stick Christmas Tree Craft
- Star Perler Bead Christmas Craft
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Free Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!