Christmas is right around the corner, and that means it’s time for Christmas ornament crafts and decorations! This Paper Strips Christmas Tree is such a fun, easy Christmas craft for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade children to make with scrap paper. Kids will love decorating your homes for the holiday season with these super cute paper Christmas tree ornaments that are perfect for December.
Paper strip Christmas tree
These Paper Strips Christmas Tree couldn’t be simpler to make and make such visually interesting paper Christmas tree ornaments. Plus this Christmas craft for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students helps kids fine-motor skills too as they cut and glue pretty paper strips to the cardboard.
Paper Christmas tree ornaments
All you need to make this paper christmas tree ornament are a few simple materials you may already have laying around the house. It is a great way to recycle materials too! If not, a quick trip to your local Michaels or Hobby Lobby (or you can order from Amazon) will get you all set and ready to make these construction paper ornaments.
- paper in Christmas colors and patterns
- star stickers
paper scrap Christmas tree craft
To get this Christmas ornament craft ready, cut the colored and patterned paper into strips. These strips do not need to be perfect. Cut different widths for interest.
Paper strips Christmas tree
Next, get the base of the ornament ready by cutting a triangle from cardboard. Thin cardboard (like from a cereal box) works well for this since it is easier to cut, yet sturdy enough for this purpose.
Start by drawing a triangle onto the cardboard. Cut the triangle out, and you will have the base to make the ornament.
Once the paper and cardboard is cut, it’s time to make the ornament!
Preschool Ornament Craft
Next up in this preschool christmas craft is to spread glue onto the cardboard triangle base. Begin gluing the paper strips onto the cardboard, overlapping the strips a bit as you go.
Let the glue dry.
Easy Christmas crafts for kids
After the glue dries, cut the excess paper from the side, using the cardboard as a guide.
You can repeat the process on the other side so they can both be covered.
Simple Christmas crafts for kids
Attach a start sticker to the top, glue a ribbon on the back, and you’ll have a cute ornament and whimsical ornament for the Christmas tree!
Ornament Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun and easy ornament crafts to make with your kids in December. You will love these ideas:
- Gorgeous Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Peppermint Candy Ornaments
- Easy Melted Crayon Ornaments to use up small crayon pieces
- Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Gingerbread Pirates Craft Ornament
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- Stick Christmas Tree Craft
- Paper Strip Easy Ornament Craft
- Cute Christmas Bell Craft
- Star Christmas ornament crafts for kids
- Plastic Cup Snowman Ornament
- 200 Christmas Crafts and Activities
- Easy Melted Bead Ornaments
- Simple, I Spy Name Ornaments
- Colorful Pom Pom Ornaments
- Candy Cane Puzzle Piece Ornaments
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- 31 Fun December Activities for Kids
Christmas Worksheets for Kids
- Magical How to Grow a Candy Cane Activity
- Polar Express Worksheets
- Free December Writing Prompts
- Alphabet Gingerbread Printables
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
- Christmas BINGO Printable Game
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets for Kids
- Sight Word Christmas Coloring Pages
- Free Gingerbread Math Puzzles
- Grinch Worksheets
- Christmas Printables Word Family Activity