Learn the letter d with this fun d is for dinosaur lesson featuring these fascinating, prehistoric animals! From a cute letter d craft, to fossil cookies, measuirng with dino feet, pasta dinosaur skeleton, digging up dinosaurs, and d is for dinosaur worksheet – we have a LOT of dinosaur activities! Use these dinosaur activities preschool in your upcoming dinosaur theme preschool to make learning fun! So read on to see all the fun ideas in this toddler, pres-k, kindergarten, and preschool dinosaur theme.
D is for Dinosaur
This is a fun, hands on d is for dinosaur unit is filled with ideas for learning about dinosaurs preschool with toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners. So set aside an epic day or a whole week and dive into this cute dinosaur theme! From dinosaur activities preschool to clever preschool dinosaur crafts – we have lots of ways for kids to learn and explore with these mammoth creatures from long ago! Kids especially love digging into the dinosaur sensory bin. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these ideas. Use them at home, in the classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool curriculum.
D is for Dinosaur Craft
We made a letter “D” Dinosaur out of craft foam. We have been making one of these for every letter and are putting them on our chicka chicka boom boom tree. If you are looking for a quick print and go version, you can get print our free printable alphabet crafts with a capital D is for Dinosaur letter craft for kids to color, cut, and paste
Dinosaur activities preschool
The kids had a great time in our Dinosaur Excavation Bin! I used moon sand as the main substance, but you could easily use a DIY Cloud Dough. I buried the same dinosaur skeletons we’ve been using, used them to make fossilized impressions, and to let the kids excavate. The kids had goggles, hammer/pick, and a brush to brush the dinosaur out. This was a BLAST and kept the kids thoroughly engaged for hours!
D for dinosaur craft
Tinker Bell (28 months) made a Brachiosaurus using her fingerprint. Tomake this EASY dinosaur art for toddlers, dip your finger in our green ink pad and go along the pencil lines I had lightly drawn for her. She thought it was great fun and was so proud of the picture she made!
We read How Big was a Dinosaur by Anna Milbourne that does a great job of helping Preschoolers visualize how big dinosaurs were with the help of a cute little penguin named Pipkin. At the back there is a pull out poster (seen below) that show different dinosaurs next to things kids recognize today like people, trees, bus, etc.
D for dinosaur
Then we made our own Dinosaur feet to stomp around in. I cut T-rex feet (left) and Stegasaurus (right) feet out of cardboard from a box we had on hand. Then the kids painted the feet. I cut slits in the feet to stick ribbon through to tie the kids feet to the dinosaur feet and tada! We had so much fun trying to walk around in the HUGE dinosaur feet and then measured distances around our house in Dino feet.
Dinosaur Fossil Cookies
Mix 1 egg, 1 cup peanut butter, and 1 cup sugar. Drop on cookie sheet. Use a glass to flatten the top. Press a dinosaur into the cookie to leave the fossil behind. Bake cookies at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before removing. We also made Dinosaur Track Cookies too!
Arent’ our dinosaur footprint cookies so cute! They were a FUN, yummy snack!
letter d dinosaur craft
e used our dinosaur flannel set to act out stories together.
Dinosaur pasta skeleton
Next up Minnie (Preschool) made dinosaur skeletons using pasta. We used the free Dino Fact Cards , dinosaur skeletons, liquid glue, and pasta (spaghetti, rotini, large shell, small shell, and elbow). I think they came out so cute!
Dinosaur worksheets Preschool
The girls did some learning activities from the dinosaur worksheets preschool. This HUGE pack contains a variety of math and literacy skills for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners to learn their letters and numbers with a fun dinosaur theme!
If you are looking for other fun, free dinosaur printables to make learning fun with a dinosaur theme you will love these resources:
- Dinosaur Dinosaur Math
- Color Matching Dinosaur Activity
- Dino Number Recognition Games
- Cute Hand Dinosaur Craft for Toddlers
- Dinosaur Unit 2nd Grade and elementary age students
- Printable Dinosaur Color by Number Worksheets
- D is for Dinosaur
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Printables Fun
- Dino Bones Punctuation Game
- Dinosaur Worksheets Preschool
- Dinosaur Printables
- Dinosaur Science Preschool
D is for dinosaur worksheet
- Dinosaur Kindergarten STEM Activities
- Free Dinosaur Math Worksheets or these colorful Dinosaur Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Dinosaur Fossil Activities for Kids with free printables
- Printable Dinosaur Templates for craft projects
- Paleontologist Worksheet Pack
- TONS of Dinosaur Activities for kids of all ages
- Even more ideas to add to your dinosaur theme or dinosaur theme preschool
- Color Matching Dinosaur Activities
- Printable Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet, Phonics Coloring Pages
- Super cute, Free printable Letter Recognition Worksheets – each page has a different theme
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages to practice letter tracing A-Z
- Alphabet Books pdf – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets – handy with a page per letter with tracing for upper and lowercase letters
- Alphabet Maze pack to practice ABCs with cute themed mazes
- Print these handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets – great for learning ABCs with pre-k
- Super Cute Printable Letter Hats to color and wear for letter of the week
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with space to trace letters
- Finish the picture Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Practice phonemic awareness with these cute, free printable KITE alphabet crafts
- Handy Alphabet Printables for Wall
- Build letters with these cute lego letters mat set
- Match letters and sounds to make a PB & J sandwich with clever initial sounds activities
- Free Build a Letter Template
Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Practice letters with these clever Pirate ABC Worksheets
- Our most popular Alphabet worksheets as they have a little of everything (above)
- Super cute alphabet crafts using our free lower case letters printables
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Alphabet Strips are a handy visual for kids
- Practice a variety of math and litearcy skills with these themed free alphabet printables
- Make a cute handprint alphabet project for each letter A – Z
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids to do with do a dot markers
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Animal Themed ABC Worksheets
- Cute fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Print and Go Find the Letter Worksheets
- Free Printable Uppercase Letter Crafts
- Outrageously FUN Fruit Loop Alphabet Mats
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Folded Paper Elephant Craft Bookmark
- Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft
- Outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away
- Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids
- Check out these toilet paper roll crafts
- Try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- 40 Creative Paper Cup Crafts and Activities Ideas to Try Today
- Clever Fall Crafts for Kids
- Silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- Letter Crafts sorted A-Z
- Learn your letters with these free printable alphabet crafts
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages! And our hugely popular Pipe Cleaner constellation activities