Learn all about dinosaurs with a weeks worth of dinosaur alphabet, dinosaur math, dinosaur science, dinosaur crafts, dinosaur activities, dinosaur books and so much more in this dinosaur theme. All you need to do is pick your favorite books, a few educational activities, and have a marvelous week learning with your kids! These themed activities are perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders.
Themes are a great way to make learning fun and keep kids engaged as they learn math, grammar, reading, writing, science, history, and crafts with a fun theme. Go back in time to the time with dinosaurs roamed the Earth with this hands-on dinosaur theme. Learn about Tyrannosaurs rex, Stegosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Pteranodon, Triceratops and more with these free printables and hands-on dinosaur ideas to make learning fun! Make sure to check out all our themes that are perfect for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4.
Dinosaur Books for Kids
There are two options for using books in your dinosaur theme:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Read your favorite book (s) every day of the week. Kids love repetition, so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick from these 5 excellent books to learn about farms with your kids.
Dinosaur Language Arts Activities
- Work on sight words with this dinosaur sight words game
- Work on letter recognition using do a dot markers with these free Dinosaur Letter Find Printables A-Z.
- Improve your children’s fine motor skills with this preschool cutting practice printable!
- Grab our FREE Dinosaur Printables to practice a variety of math and literacy skills with a fun dino theme!
- Dinosaur Matching Cards and Coloring Page Free PDF
- Printable Dinosaur Alphabet Sequencing Puzzle
- Dinosaur Preschool Printable Pack
- Handprint Alphabet – D is for Dinosaur
- Work on visual recognition with this free printable Dinosaur Bingo
- Dinosaur Beginning Sound Scavenger Hunt
- Dino Babies Letter Game
- Easy to Use Dinosaur ABC Find and Tracing Center
- Dinosaur Letter Tracing for Preschoolers
- Hatching Dinosaur Eggs Initial Sound Match
- Practice adding ending punctuation to sentences with this fun, free printable dinosaur bones punctuation game!
Dinosaur math activities
Include some fun dino math in your week of dinosaurs with these fun, clever ideas:
- Dinosaur ten frame addition is a hands-on math activity for pre-k and kindergarten age students
- Download and print these Free dinosaur math worksheets
- Turn math into a game with these Dinosaur Tangram Puzzles
- Grab your bingo daubers and have fun with these Dinosaur Do a Dot Printables
- Work on 1:1 correspondence with these Printable Dinosaur Pom Pom Mats
- So how big are dinosaurs really? Find out with this Measure Really, Really, Big Dinosaurs
- Kids will love this dinosaur color by number activity with free worksheets for working on number recognition!
- Work on a variety of skills from counting, what comes next, shapes, number words, addition, telling time, skip counting and more with this HUGE pack of Free Dino Math Worksheets
- Work on number recognition and counting with this Dinosaur Activities that Explore Numbers
- Grab your playdough and these free Dinosaur Counting Play Dough Mats for a fun way to strengthen hand muscles as you practice counting
- Clothespin Dinosaur Counting Math Printable is a fun way for young learners to practice counting
- Practice counting and number recognition with this super cute Dinosaur Number Counting Book
- Dinosaur Math Game helps preschoolers and kindergartners work on number recognition
Dinosaur Arts & Craft Projects
Improve hand muscles and coordination and express your artistic side at the same time with these super cute dinosaur crafts and dinosaur art projects for elementary students.
- Check out this realistic 3d Dinosaur art project!
- Check out these DIY dinosaur egg bath bombs for a fun craft you can make and give as a present.
- These super cute DIY Dinosaur Suncatchers for Kids are not scary at all!
- Stegosaurus Dinosaur Craft are fun and easy to make
- I love how colorful and simple these Egg Carton Dinosaurs are
- Decorate your own free T-Rex Coloring Page
- Tape Resist Dinosaur Bone Art is a fun way to to dive into dinosaur bones, skeletal systems, and how paleontologists look at fossils for clues about these prehistoric, extinct animals
- Several fun dino crafts to go along with the book We are the Dinosaurs.
- Plesiosaur Painted Rock Craft is a fun nature-inspired puzzle
- This one might be my favorite! This Dinosaur Craft is made from colored paper plates and have the most beautiful bumps along their spines!
- We just love handart projects! This Dinosaur Handprint Art makes a precious keepsake of your year!
- Plus don’t miss these paper mache dino banks to make with your kids
Dinosaur Science Experiments
Explore fossils, STEM, baking soda experiments, and more with these dinosaur science activities for early learners!
- Dinosaur Stack Engineering is an easy-to-try, hands-on STEM Activity
- Try hatching baking soda dinosaur eggs with your kids this week!
- Montessori-Inspired Dinosaur Skull Matching Cards
- Make a dinosaur dig excavation for your kids
- Build a Dino STEM Activity for some dino science.
- DIY Salt Dough Dinosaur Fossils
- Hatching Dino Eggs – Early math and science for preschoolers
- Find out why the Euoplocephalus had a club at the end of its tail!
- Become a scientist and help Classify and Sort Dinosaurs
- Play and learn with this engaging Dinosaur Science Preschool
- And don’t forget to make your own dinosaur skeleton!
- This super cute and clever pasta dinosaur skeleton activity includes free dinosaur cards
Dinosaur Social Studies and Fun!
Add in some more educational dinosaur fun with these clever suggetsions:
- Free Printable Dinosaur Thank You Cards
- Dinosaur Yoga Ideas for Kids
- Improve gross motor skills with this Dinosaur Dice Game
- Which one is my egg? Printable Dinosaur Egg Matching Game
- Free Printable Dinosaur Activities for Kids
- Easiest DIY No Sew Dinosaur Costume for Kids
- Help the dinosaurs escape wit this fun Frozen Dinosaur Play
- How to Make Frozen Dinosaur Eggs
- Play Dough Dinosaur Eggs
- Fizzing Fossil Dinosaur Eggs
- Clever dig for Dinosaurs Snack
- Become a paleontologist in this fun Preschool Dinosaur Dig activity
- Make your own Dinosaur Sensory Bin
- Dinosaur Dig Sensory Bin helps kids explore various senses as they learn through play
- Dinosaur Bones Sensory Bottles
- Jump & Wash! A Simple Dinosaur Sensory Play Idea
- Whip up a batch of Dinosaur Play Dough
- Create a Mini Dinosaur World
- Dinosaur Small World
- Dinosaur Small World with Cloud Dough
- Make a Dinosaur Travel Tin
- Throw the Ultimate Dinosaur Kid Party
- Or Build a Dinosaur Garden!
Plus don’t miss even more Dino Crafts and activities for kids of all ages
Looking for more elementary themes to make learning fun with themed activities? Check out these free themes for kids:
- Thanksgiving Theme is perfect for November
- HUGE Community Helpers Theme with over 100 ideas for kids of all ages!
- Learn about animals with this fun Zoo Theme
- This tree theme is perfect for Arbor Day
- Kids will love all the many beautiful birds they can learn about with this bird theme
- Head out of this world for a space theme that is sure to capture their interest
- No need to pack the tent for this fun, hands-on camping theme
- See all of our engaging themed activities