Learn all about dinosaurs using this delightful week-long dinosaur theme. All you need to do is pick your favorite books, a few educational activities, and have a marvelous week learning with your kids!
Themes are a great way to make learning fun and keep kids engaged as they learn math, grammar, reading, writing, science, history, and crafts with a fun theme. Make sure to check out all our themes that are perfect for preschool, prek, kindergarten, and elementary age kids.
Dinosaur Books for Kids
There are two options for using books in your dinosaur theme:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Read your favorite book (s) every day of the week. Kids love repetition, so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick from these 5 excellent books to learn about farms with your kids:
Dinosaur Lesson Plans
Dinosaur Language Arts Activities
Improve your children’s fine motor skills with this preschool cutting practice printable!
- FREE Dinosaur Printables
- Dinosaur Matching Cards and Coloring Page Free PDF
- Printable Dinosaur Alphabet Sequencing Puzzle
- Dinosaur Preschool Printable Pack
- 20 Best Dinosaur Books for Kids
- Handprint Alphabet – D is for Dinosaur
- Free Printable Dinosaur Bingo
- Dinosaur Beginning Sound Scavenger Hunt
- Dino Babies Letter Game
- Easy to Use Dinosaur ABC Find and Tracing Center
- Dinosaur Letter Tracing for Preschoolers
- Hatching Dinosaur Eggs Initial Sound Match
Your older kids will love this dinosaur bones punctuation game!
Dinosaur Math Activities
Start by checking out these dinosaur math worksheets!
- Dinosaur Tangram Puzzles
- Dinosaur Do a Dot Printables
- Printable Dinosaur Pom Pom Mats
- Measure Really, Really, Big Dinosaurs
- Dinosaur Activities that Explore Numbers
- Dinosaur Counting Play Dough Mats
- Clothespin Dinosaur Counting Math Printable
- Dinosaur Number Counting Book
Dinosaur Arts & Craft Projects
Start your arts and crafts day by making dinosaur egg bath bombs!
- DIY Dinosaur Suncatchers for Kids
- Stegosaurus Dinosaur Craft
- Egg Carton Dinosaurs
- T-Rex Coloring Page
- Tape Resist Dinosaur Bone Art
- Super Fun Dinosaur Activities for Preschoolers
- Plesiosaur Painted Rock Craft
- Super Cute Rainbow Dinosaur Paper Plate Craft
- Dinosaur Handprint Art
And be sure to make these paper mache dino banks with your kids!
Dinosaur Science Experiments
Try hatching baking soda dinosaur eggs with your kids this week!
- Montessori-Inspired Dinosaur Skull Matching Cards
- Make a dinosaur dig excavation for your kids
- Build a Dino STEM Activity
- DIY Salt Dough Dinosaur Fossils
- Hatching Dino Eggs – Early math and science for preschoolers
- Find out why the Euoplocephalus had a club at the end of its tail!
- Classify and Sort Dinosaurs
- Dinosaur Science Play
And don’t forget to make your own dinosaur skeleton!
Dinosaur Social Studies and Fun!
- Free Printable Dinosaur Thank You Cards
- Dinosaur Yoga Ideas for Kids
- Dinosaur Gross Motor Dice
- Printable Dinosaur Egg Matching Game
- Free Printable Dinosaur Activities for Kids
- Easiest DIY No Sew Dinosaur Costume for Kids
- Frozen Dinosaur Play
- How to Make Frozen Dinosaur Eggs
- Play Dough Dinosaur Eggs
- Fizzing Fossil Dinosaur Eggs
- Dig for Dinosaurs Snack
- Preschool Dinosaur Dig
- Dinosaur Sensory Bin
- Dinosaur Dig Sensory Bin
- Dinosaur Bones Sensory Bottles
- Jump & Wash! A Simple Dinosaur Sensory Play Idea
- Dinosaur Play Dough
- Create a Mini Dinosaur World
- Dinosaur Small World
- Dinosaur Small World with Cloud Dough
- Make a Dinosaur Travel Tin
- Throw the Ultimate Dinosaur Kid Party
- Or Build a Dinosaur Garden!
And check out these 50+ FUN dinosaur ideas for even more activities!