Looking for some creepy, crawly, hands-on fun with bugs? This fun bug sensory bin allows toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders to dig in and explore in the dirt while learning about insects! This bug activities for preschoolers is sure to delight little hands as they explore and learn about worms, spiders, ladybugs, grasshoppers, beetles, and more! This is perfect for bug science!
Here is the indoor Bug Sensory Bin I created to go along with our Bug study & Minnie’s I is for Insect week in preschool. The main substance is black beans. I found fun bugs, magnifying glass, and rulers to add to our insect activities for preschoolers too. This bug sensory project is fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students too.
Insect activities for preschoolers
The main substance to the sensory box was black beans. It looked just like dirt but made a great sound when scooped! Plus added a different tactile experience from our outdoor dirt bug box.
Bug activities for preschoolers
Minnie really liked our ladybug themed bug collector. It had a built in magnifying glass that worked REALLY well! She stuck our Life Cycle Stage Ants to observe up close.
Creating an Outdoor Playscape
We have an outdoor bug sensory area too! We created our Outdoor Playscape this spring. It has a garden filled with fun bugs! So the kids got to have buggy fun in & out!
I made the Bug Sensory Bin to go along with our Bugs Unit for Toddlers, Preschoolers, Kindergartners, 1st graders, and 2nd graders
And if you are looking for more Sensory ideas – check out my sensory page!
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Peek-a-Bug Alphabet Games – four abc games to help kids learn their ABCs, match upper and lowercase letters, and more!
- Ladybug Alphabet Matching activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Bug Sight Word Game is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book
- Potato Stamped Bee Craft for Kids
- FUN Spider Slime Recipe
- Fun, hands-on Spiders for Kids Activities
- All About Worm Worksheets
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Free Spider LIfe of a Spider for Kids
- Bee Preschool Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Bug THeme
- Bee and Insect Theme for Preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider Counting Activity with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzle
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug Sight Word Reader – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Printable Insect Worksheets
Insect Activities for Kids
- Learn all about ants with these creative ant activities for kids
- Cute Bug Number Worksheets
- Measuring Lines of Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets
- Count and Clip Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Buzzing Bees Numbers 1-12 Worksheets
- I Spy Bugs Activity Sheets
- Bug Themed Alphabet FInd and Color
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Ladybug Counting Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with stickers
- Hands-on Spider Shape Matching Activity
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Pipe Cleaner constellation activities
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
- Pipe Cleaner constellation activitiy