Have fun working on forming letters and tracing letters with these super cute, free printable, Farm Alphabet Tracing Mats. Whether you choose to use a dry erase marker for trace and erase activity, alphabet playdough mats, or something else entirely – these are the perfect addition to your farm theme for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
We just love themed activities to make learning more fun and engaging. This is especially trued with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 children. This literacy activity is a great way to sneak in an on the farm theme while working on farm alphabet. The super cute clipart and colorful borders grab children’s attention and are a great way to improve handwriting, letter formation and more. Use with a pencil or laminate to make the alphabet tracing mats resusable.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these free abc printables to make learning fun!
Alphabet Tracing Mats
This alphabet mat preschool pack is really easy to prepare. Just print the pages, and you’re ready to go!
If you’d like to make these pages reusable, slip them in a dry erase pouch or laminate them, and have kids use a dry erase marker to complete them.
Inside this pack of alphabet mats, you’ll receive 12 alphabet mats. Each mat features a farm-themed image, a traceable letter, and a sentence to be traced:
- B is for barn
- C is for chick
- C is for cow
- D is for duck
- F is for farmer (male)
- F is for farmer (female)
- G is for goat
- H is for horse
- P is for pig
- R is for rooster
- T is for tractor
Have kids choose a mat and identify the featured image. Ask them to identify the beginning sound and the letter that makes that sound. For example, barn starts with the /b/ sound and begins with letter b.
They can then trace the large letter following the arrows for proper letter formation. Or, they can build the letter with playdough. This is a great way to sneak in some fine motor practice as they roll the dough into a snake to form the letter.
Finally, have them read (or listen to you read) the sentence at the bottom of the mat. They can then trace the sentence and read it back to you.
If you’ve got older preschoolers, you can point out that each sentence begins with a capital letter and ends with a period. This is planting seeds for writing sentences of their own later.
Looking for more fun farm activities to add to a farm week? Check out these ideas and free printables:
- Kids will have fun exploring life on the farm while improving fine motor skills with these Farm Coloring Pages
- Dive deeper into life on the farm with this HUGE, 220+ page Farm Unit that includes tons of literacy, many, science, and social studies printables, experiments, and hands on games
- C is for Cow is a super cute, hands-on Farm Unit for Prek / K
- Help kids learn the names of baby animals with these baby animals activities printables
- Help kids works on using scissors with these free and clever Farm cutting practice worksheets or these simpler Farm Cutting Practice Strips
- 60+ Farm Activities for kids that will make learning FUN
- Work on visual discrimination with these Farm hidden pictures printable
- Kids will love working on visual discrimination with these fun Farm I Spy Printables
- Farm free printable books for beginning readers to help kids improve reading skills while making and reading their own book
- Practice counting and writing numbers 1-10 with these Farm do a dot printables numbers
- Kids will have fun revealing the hidden pictures in these Color by Number Farm Animals
- Preschool farm activities free are a great way to practice math and literacy while having fun
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
You can see all our kindergarten worksheets and kindergarten activites with 300,000 different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
If your kindergartner has other siblings you will want to check out our preschool worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, or alphabet worksheets. Or you can find all our worksheets for kids arranged by age and subject (math, english, social studies, science, music, and more!)
Download Farm Alphabet Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!