Have fun working on forming letters and tracing letters with these super cute, free printable, Farm Alphabet Tracing Mats. Whether you choose to use a dry erase marker for trace and erase activity, alphabet playdough mats, or something else entirely – these are the perfect addition to your farm theme for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
We just love themed activities to make learning more fun and engaging. This is especially trued with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 children. This literacy activity is a great way to sneak in an on the farm theme while working on farm alphabet. The super cute clipart and colorful borders grab children’s attention and are a great way to improve handwriting, letter formation and more. Use with a pencil or laminate to make the alphabet tracing mats resusable.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these free abc printables to make learning fun!
Alphabet Tracing Mats
This alphabet mat preschool pack is really easy to prepare. Just print the pages, and you’re ready to go!
If you’d like to make these pages reusable, slip them in a dry erase pouch or laminate them, and have kids use a dry erase marker to complete them.
Inside this pack of alphabet mats, you’ll receive 12 alphabet mats. Each mat features a farm-themed image, a traceable letter, and a sentence to be traced:
- B is for barn
- C is for chick
- C is for cow
- D is for duck
- F is for farmer (male)
- F is for farmer (female)
- G is for goat
- H is for horse
- P is for pig
- R is for rooster
- T is for tractor
Have kids choose a mat and identify the featured image. Ask them to identify the beginning sound and the letter that makes that sound. For example, barn starts with the /b/ sound and begins with letter b.
They can then trace the large letter following the arrows for proper letter formation. Or, they can build the letter with playdough. This is a great way to sneak in some fine motor practice as they roll the dough into a snake to form the letter.
Finally, have them read (or listen to you read) the sentence at the bottom of the mat. They can then trace the sentence and read it back to you.
If you’ve got older preschoolers, you can point out that each sentence begins with a capital letter and ends with a period. This is planting seeds for writing sentences of their own later.
Looking for more FREE farm printables to help kids learn a variety of skills? You will love these resources:
- Sequencing Cards – farm to table jam, milk, bread, chocolate, eggs, and orange juice (matching sequencing worksheets)
- Farm Kindergarten Sight Words Games
- Printable Farm CVC Words Activity
- Money Farm Worksheets
- Tractor Worksheets for practicing making alphabet letters
- Farm cutting practice worksheets
- Fun-to-Read Farm Books for Preschool
- Lots of CLEVER Farm Activities for Kids
- Farm Alphabet Mats
- Counting Farm Animals Readers
- Super cute free printable Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten
- C is for Cow letter of the week unit with crafts, activities, and printables for kids
- Farm Writing Prompts or these On the Farm Writing Prompts
- Printable Puzzle Farm animals and their babies
- Farm Free printable books for beginning readers
- Life on the Farm Hidden pictures printable worksheets
- Farm Building Sentences Cut and Paste Reader
- Seasons worksheet about life on the farm
- Super cute Farm Coloring Pages
- Farm ABC Order Worksheets
- Free Farm Color by Number Worksheets for workign on number recognition
- Do-a-Dot NUMBERS Farm Worksheets
- Kindergarten Farm Unit – over 220+ pages for Preschool, Kindergarten, & 1st Grade
- Educational Farm Activities
- CUTE Preschool Farm Activities Free Worksheets to work on a variety of skills
- Huge set of Free Farm Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Counting farm animals worksheet pages for numbers 1-10
- Printable Farm Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- HUGE Farm Animals Worksheet Pack with lots of math and literacy for early learners
- Farm themed free printable cutting activities for preschoolers
- Number Sense Puzzles – Farm Activities for Preschoolers
- Farm Animal Tracing Worksheets
- FREE Farm Animal Puppet Printables
- Farm Writing Numbers in Words Worksheets
- Simple Sentences for Kindergarten Worksheet – Farm theme
- I Spy Farm Animals Printables
- LOTs of ideas in this Farm Theme Preschool
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Find the Letter Worksheets
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
You can see all our kindergarten worksheets and kindergarten activites with 300,000 different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
If your kindergartner has other siblings you will want to check out our preschool worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, or alphabet worksheets. Or you can find all our worksheets for kids arranged by age and subject (math, english, social studies, science, music, and more!)
Farm Alphabet Mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!