Preschoolers will work on handwriting and letter formation with this set of preschool alphabet mats. The fun farm theme makes them a great addition to your farm and animal-themed lessons.
- Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Disney Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Playdough PLAYmats
- 3-in-1 Bug Alphabet Games
- Printable Upper and Lowercase Letter Crafts
- A to Z Letter Find
This alphabet mat preschool pack is really easy to prepare. Just print the pages, and you’re ready to go!
If you’d like to make these pages reusable, slip them in a dry erase pouch or laminate them, and have kids use a marker to complete them. Or, you can laminate them and let kids use dry erase markers.
Encourage your young learners to work on letter recognition, beginning sounds, and handwriting skills with these free preschool printables.
Inside this pack of alphabet mats, you’ll receive 12 alphabet mats. Each mat features a farm-themed image, a traceable letter, and a sentence to be traced.
Have kids choose a mat and identify the featured image. Ask them to identify the beginning sound and the letter that makes that sound. For example, barn starts with the /b/ sound and begins with letter b.
They can then trace the large letter following the arrows for proper letter formation. Or, they can build the letter with playdough. This is a great way to sneak in some fine motor practice as they roll the dough into a snake to form the letter.
Finally, have them read (or listen to you read) the sentence at the bottom of the mat. They can then trace the sentence and read it back to you.
If you’ve got older preschoolers, you can point out that each sentence begins with a capital letter and ends with a period. This is planting seeds for writing sentences of their own later.
Looking for more fun farm activities to add to a farm week? Check out these ideas and free printables:
- Kids will have fun exploring life on the farm while improving fine motor skills with these Free Farm Coloring Pages
- Dive deeper into life on the farm with this HUGE 220+ page Farm Unit that includes tons of literacy, many, science, and social studies printables, experiments, and hands on games
- C is for Cow is a super cute, hands-on Farm Unit for Prek / K
- Help kids learn the names of baby animals with these Baby Farm Animal Puzzles
- Down on the farm activities learning pack! These printables focus on colors, alphabet, and math with a fun farm theme. Perfect for summer preschool lessons!
- Help kids works on using scissors with these free and clever Farm Cutting Pages or these simpler Farm Scissor Strips
- 60 Farm Activities for kids that will make learning FUN
- Work on visual discrimination with these Farm Hidden Picture Worksheets
- Farm activities for preschoolers! Find crafts, printables, book lists, and more. Come discover some farm-tactic ideas for little ones!
- Kids will love working on visual discrimination with these fun I Spy on the Farm Games
- Farm Beginner Reader to help kids improve reading skills while making and reading their own book
- Practice counting and writing numbers 1-10 with these Bingo Marker Farm Number Worksheets
- Kids will have fun revealing the hidden pictures in these Farm Color by Number Worksheets
- Preschool Farm Worksheets are a great way to practice math and literacy while having fun
You can see all our kindergarten worksheets and kindergarten activites with 300,000 different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
If your kindergartner has other siblings you will want to check out our preschool worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, or alphabet worksheets. Or you can find all our worksheets for kids arranged by age and subject (math, english, social studies, science, music, and more!)
Download Farm Alphabet Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!