Take all the work out of planning an epic weekly theme with our themed resources listed by subject. So many clever, fun, engaging activities and worksheets for preschool, kindergarten, and elementary age kids.
What are weekly themes?
- Weekly themes include a variety of learning activities based on a central theme.
- Since weekly themes are hands on, fun and immersive kids engage with the learning material.
- Families love weekly themes because a wide range of ages can do them together.
- There are a variety of core coursework included in weekly themes such as math, language arts, science, history, art, and more
Why should I use weekly themes?
How are core subjects incorporated in weekly themes?
- Math – themed worksheets, games, counting mats, measurement, etc. make practicing or learning a new skill fun.
- Language Arts – themed worksheets, games, and readers make practicing sight words, building sentences, identifying parts of speech, and writing exciting.
- Science – exploring the anatomy of bugs, learning about seasons, performing a colorful science experiments, learning about types of clouds and more come alive in their real world context.
- History – instead of reading a dry textbook, kids can learn about historical events, places, and people in context with the topic (i.e. Independence Day, pilgrims, Saint Patrick)
- Art – Kids will get to explore their creativity, learn about colors and strengthening motor skills with arts and projects that will further bring alive the topic of study.
- More – Many unit studies also contain music ideas, field-trip suggestions, geography tie-ins, etc.
Whether you use these themed learning ideas for your lower elementary age students or as preschool weekly themes, we’ve got lots of fun themed eductational activities to make your lesson plan:
- Explore the fascinating world of insects in this bugs themes
- Head out to the great outdoors without leaving your homes with this fun camping themes
- Teach kids about community helpers with these fun math, literacy, and community helpers crafts and activities
- Ready for some prehistoric fun learning in this dinosaur themes
- Explore the season of autumn with these fun fall unit study
- Old McDonald had a farm EIEIO; kids will have fun learning about farm animals and tasks with this farm theme
- Kids will bloom with knowledge as they learn valuable skills and create projects in this flower theme
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some learning with this fun, engaging 4th of july theme
- This September, you’ve got to try these fun apple themed activities for Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Dive in and learn about animals under the sea with this oceans theme
- For a week that’s out of this world, check out the ideas in this space theme
- Get ready for St Patty’s day in March with these creative St Patrick’s Day Theme
- Learn about the pilgrims in this creative Thanksgiving Unit Study
- Celebrate Earth day in April with this Tree Theme perfect for spring
- Roses are red, violets are blue, learning is fun, with Valentines Day themes
- Rain, snow, sleet, and hail – discover fascinating facts in this weather theme
- Bird watching is lots of fun with this bird theme
- It may be COLD outside, but inside it is warm and toasty as kids learn with this winter theme
- Discover some amazing animals in this fun zoo theme with hundreds of fun and clever activities
- Find all our theme of the week ideas here or explore our preschool themes for 50 more exciting weekly unit studies.