It is important to teach children about how we elect the president of the United States of America. This simple, no prep Voting for Kids reader will help pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. This printable election book is perfect for preparing children for November elections!
Voting for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low prep election printable to teach help students work on their reading skills while learning about the U.S. Election. This free Election themed reader is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students. Use this Voting for Kids printable in literacy and social studies centers, for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning or as part of an Election or history study. With this pack, children will learn about what happens on Election Day in the United States.
Elections for Kids
Print off all the pages. As there are two pages of the reader on each letter size sheet, you will need to cut out the reader book, cut each black and white page in half, and staple the free reader together with staples along the left side to make a book.
HINT: If you prefer, this reader could also be held together by placing a binder ring in the top left hand corner. This method may prove easier for children to complete each page.
Kids Pick the President
Each page of this book contains four election activities for kids.
- The first activity includes learning to read the short sentences in the book. I suggest students color the pictures with crayons, markers or colored pencils first. Then work on reading the words together.
- Election Day word search
- Presidential Elections Word Scramble – unscramble the words
- Elections Writing Prompt for students to write what they would do if they were President.
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- American Symbols for Kids Worksheets filled with math and litearcy skills for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too
- Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Patriotic Symbols Mini Book to read, color, and learn
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Fun USA Geography Games for Kids – SNAP
- Easy REd White and Blue Science Experiment
- USA for Kids printable book to read, color and learn
- Free American Symbols Worksheets
- Fireworks Patriotic Craft
- 50 States Worksheets
- Super CUTE, Free State Coloring Pages
American History for Kids
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, make a Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolution and famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? History comes alive as they learn about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic Study, Glacier or Iceberg Activity, and Continents and Oceans Printables
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn (or Martin Luther King Jr Study)
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- Anne Frank for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
Download My Election Book
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal use only. To use in a classroom please grab the teacher licensed version here.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!