Grab these super cute preschool summer worksheets to help pre-k children work on number recognition of numbers 1-5. In these number coloring pages preschoolers will work on fine motor skills and recognizing numbers to five. Simply download pdf file with summer worksheets for preschoolers and you are ready to sneak in some fun learning with summer coloring pages!
Preschool summer worksheets
This year I had just a few goals for my twins. I really wanted them to learn their letters, have one- to -one correspondence to five and develop some fine motor skills like writing and using scissors. One of them took off and has mastered all those goals. With my other little one, we are realizing that it is going to require a lot more work on both of our parts. So even though it is summer, I can not afford to go two whole months without any work on these goals. If we do that, we will be starting all over come August. And that is not an option after all the hard work it has taken to just get to this point. Knowing we need more practice, I’ve been on the lookout for simple activities we can do. And today, I’m sharing these number recognition coloring worksheets! These preschool summer worksheets are a great way to help kids master numbers one to five whiel having fun with a summer activity for preschoolers.
Summer worksheets for preschoolers
Number recognition coloring worksheets
These number recognition coloring pages do not require any prep.
- First, print off the pages.
- Next, gather up crayons or Do-A-Dot markers….and you are ready to go.
Summer Activities Coloring Pages
My little boy twin is capable of doing many activities on his own, and this one was no different. I handed the little guy a box of crayons and the paper with the one on it. We said the number out loud while pointing to the large one at the top. Then I asked him to color in all the balls that had a one on them.
He went to work, and soon came back proudly holding his beautiful picture with all the ones colored in. I finished up this activity by having him show me what one snap cube looked like, what one letter looked like, and so on.
You could even have them draw one beach item at the bottom of the picture. This way you are getting in one-to-one correspondence too.
Summer Color by Number
Since my daughter needs more help, we did the two sheet together…..and we used Do-A -Dot markers instead of crayons.
If I had asked her to color in every ball, she would have lost interest and I wouldn’t have gotten what I really wanted…number recognition practice.
Also, she tends to write very lightly, and using the Do-A-Dot markers forces her to press which is building strength in her arms and fingers…all essential as we try to get her “writing” more.
Summer Preschool Worksheets
Once again, I pointed to the number at the top of the page and we said, “2”.
Then she began looking for her two’s. Every time she found one, I would ask her what number it was. And if she couldn’t remember, I would say the number and then have her repeat it.
In the end, we broke a few crayons (great strategy for building fine motor skills) and I helped her color in some of the pictures.)
Building number recognition is important….and I hope you enjoy these coloring pages to reinforce it!
Summer worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more fun, summer theme educational activities for prek and kinders? Check out these free summer printables!
- Summer Letter Matching Alphabet Puzzles
- Learn about life cycles with these ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Garden Kindergarten sight Word Activities
- Pail and Shovel Matching Letter Game for Summer
- I Spy Pirate Game
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Hands-on Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- Garden theme Telling Time Worksheets
- Seed FInd the Letter Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Summer Lego Challenge
- Water Gun Parts of Speach Game
- Playdough Counting Mat Activity with Watermelon Seed Printable
- Summertime Dot Art Printables
- Free Printable Beach Worksheets
- Cute Flip Flip Letter Matching
- Bubble Math Worksheets
- Strawberry Picking Summer Rhyming Activity
Summer Worksheets for Kids
- Smores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Smore complete sentence game
- Cute Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fun Summer Color by Number pages to work on number recognition and hand muscles
- Work on writing with these June Writing Prompts
- Convenient Summer Writing Prompts with ruled lines and pictures to color
- Pool Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- HUGE pack of Garden Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Summer Number Recognition Coloring Worksheets
- Cute Watermelon Seed Counting Worksheet
- Skip Counting Summer Worksheets
- Simple, Free Beach Coloring Pages
- Summer Activity Pages
- Seashell Alphabet Matching Activity
- Firefly Math Printable Counting Game
- Free Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sight Word Mazes – Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sun Summer Tracing Worksheets
- Pool Count and Trace Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Sandcastle Letter Tracing Summer Activities for Kindergarten
In between reading a good book, sneak in some epic fun with these summer activities for kids of all ages:
Download Summer Number Recognition Coloring Pages
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.