These free printable Phonics Beginning Sounds Do a Dot Printables are a perfect way for preschool, pre k, and Kindergarten students to practice finding letters that match the initial sound of the cute clipart pictured. Children will love that they can use do a dot markers to practice phonemic awareness and phonics skills!
Phonics Beginning Sounds
All of my children love do a dot printables that use bingo markers, and I have admit I love them too. They get to “paint” and I don’t have to clean up a mess!!! I’ve also noticed that they can encourage fine motor skills too. With my love for these markers, and the excitement my children get out of using them I created a Phonics Beginning Sounds printable activity. Preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students will have fun practicing vocabulary words while working on phonemic awareness, initial sounds, letter recognition, and fine motor skills too!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these free worksheets that help kids work on improving reading skills.
Phonics Beginning Sound Worksheet
These are NO PREP! Simply print of the free beginning sounds printable and gather up Do-A-Dot markers (also known as bingo daubers, bingo markers, dot markers, etc. but markers or crayons will work too).
Phonics Sounds Worksheets
There are many ways you can use these printables, and that really depends on your child and their knowledge of the alphabet
- Independent – knows their alphabet well – If you child knows the alphabet well, you can simply provide the child with the worksheet and markers. Next, explain the directions to them…..place a dot on the letter that the picture starts with. You can do the first one together to make sure they understand and then leave them to it. Don’t forget to let them “show” you their work. You can even have them explain why they dotted certain letters to get them used to defending their answers. This is a great skill to nurture even when they are young.
- Supporting – knows the alphabet but may still struggle on letter sounds – Some children need a little support to complete a printable. They may need help with saying words and hearing the sounds, or they may just need help to stay focused. For either of those examples, supporting them may be the best solution. Start by point to a picture and having the child say the name of the picture out loud. Then have the child say which letter it picture starts with, and finally, have them find the letter and dot it. If they struggle with coming up with the letter, say the name of the picture slowly while stressing the first sound.
- Guiding – still needs support on recognizing letters and their sounds – If your child is here, this may not be the best printable to use. Doing activities like picture sorts or placing magnetic letters on pictures may be a little easier as you can limit the letters they are working on. If you really want to try this out though, make sure you provide tons of support and watch for signs of frustration. If a child gets frustrated, it may be time to take a step back and try something a little easier.
Beginning Sound Worksheet
You can provide support by having the child say the name of the picture, with you repeating the word emphasizing the first letter sound. Next, point to the first letter. Then, ask them what the letter is with a very short pause. If they can not name the letter within a comfortable amount of time, tell them the letter and the sound and have them repeat you. Finally, ask them if the name of the picture on the phonics beginning sounds worksheets has the same sound of that letter. Continue until the answer is yes!! Have fun painting without the mess and working on beginning sounds!
Beginning Sounds Activities
If you are looking for more initial sound activities, you will love these free printable ideas:
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste)
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
- Construction Beginning Sounds Match
- Snowman Beginning Sounds Coloring Pages
- Hands-on Snowman Beginning Sounds for Preschoolers
- Beginning Sounds Animals Cards
- Apple Beginning Sounds Printable
Do a Dot Free Printables
- Do a dot printables numbers – fun worksheet to practice counting to 12 and using a ten frame
- Letter Recognition Do a Dot Printables
- Beginning sounds worksheets – fun phonics activity with Bingo Markers
- Christmas Math Worksheets – reveal hidden pictures as you complete addition problems
- Fun and Free SHAPE Do a Dot Printables
- Spring Themed Do a Dot Worksheets Free Printable to work on learning color words
- FUN Bingo Dauber Alphabet Printables
- Farm Bingo Marker do a dot printables numbers
- Addition Tic-Tac-Toe – free printable Math Game using dot markers
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Turkey Matching Game for working on color recognition
- Simple Alphabet Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Roll and Dot Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Robot Alphabet Do a Dot Worksheet Free Printable
- CVC Maze Do a Dot Printables
- Airplane Rhyming Dot Marker Printables
- Cooking Up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Apple Alphabet Do a Dot Printables
- Landforms for Kids Do a Dot Printables
- Endangered Animals dot marker printables
- Free Pumpkin Printables with bingo daubers
- Silent E Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Free Calendar Dot marker printables
- Star Wars Multiples Worskheets with dot markers
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Math Worksheets with bingo markers
- Cute Snow Globe Alphabet Do a Dot Printables
First Grade Printables
If you have a 1st grader and you are looking for more fun, hands on grade 1 worksheets, games and activities to make learning fun – you will love these resources!
- Over 5000+ pages of 1st grade Worksheets
- 100 Books 1st Graders can Read Themselves with free 1st grade reading books pdf
- Lots of fun Chapter Books for 1st Graders wth free printable list
- Free Book Report Template to print and use with any book
- Free Cut and Paste Worksheets make learning FUN!
- Solar System Worksheets Pack
- Free Sight Words Printable List
- 1st Grade Word Search Printable
- Free Printable 1st grade math worksheets to print and practice
- Gumball Math Worksheets to practice addition & subtraction
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project with free printable template
- 1st Grade Reading Games – Reading the Easy Way 1st Grade
- Fun, hands-on Counting Coins Games
- Over 500 pages of FREE Kindergarten Writing Prompts
- Cut and Paste Sentence Scramble Worksheets
- Princess Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Telling Time Puzzles make learning to use a clock FUN
- HUGE 250+ page Unit with activities, experiments, information, and Ocean Animal Worksheets
- Discover 16 amazing places around the world with these Country worksheets Study
- Crack the Code Worksheets for practicing math while having fun
- Learn about Animal printables with these free printable cootie catchers
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- Lots of 1st Grade Science Projects
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Don’t miss all our free printable worksheets for kindergarten and kindergarten activites with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years! Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, first grade worksheets, and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Do a Dot Worksheets Free Printables
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.