Help children work on recognizing initial sounds with these beginning sounds worksheets. This free printable allows preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten students to practice phonics beginning sounds with a fun do a dot printable. This initial sounds worksheet has children find and dab the letters that match the initial sound of the cute clipart pictured. Children will love that they can use bingo dauber markers to practice phonemic awareness and phonics skills! Simply print the beginning sounds worksheets pdf and you are ready to play and learn with a phonics activity.
Beginning Sounds Worksheets
All of my children love dot marker worksheets that use bingo markers, and I have admit I love them too. They get to “paint” and I don’t have to clean up a mess!!! I’ve also noticed that they can encourage fine motor skills too. With my love for these markers, and the excitement my children get out of using them I created a Phonics Beginning Sounds printable activity. This beginning sounds worksheets free is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to practice vocabulary words while working on phonemic awareness, initial sounds, letter recognition, and fine motor skills too! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these beginning sounds worksheets that help kids work on improving reading skills.
Beginning Sounds Worksheets pdf
Phonics beginning sounds
These are NO PREP! Simply print of the free beginning sounds printable and gather up Do-A-Dot markers (also known as bingo daubers, bingo markers, dot markers, etc. but markers or crayons will work too).
Beginning sound worksheets pdf
There are many ways you can use these printables, and that really depends on your child and their knowledge of the alphabet
- Independent – knows their alphabet well – If you child knows the alphabet well, you can simply provide the child with the worksheet and markers. Next, explain the directions to them…..place a dot on the letter that the picture starts with. You can do the first one together to make sure they understand and then leave them to it. Don’t forget to let them “show” you their work. You can even have them explain why they dotted certain letters to get them used to defending their answers. This is a great skill to nurture even when they are young.
- Supporting – knows the alphabet but may still struggle on letter sounds – Some children need a little support to complete a printable. They may need help with saying words and hearing the sounds, or they may just need help to stay focused. For either of those examples, supporting them may be the best solution. Start by point to a picture and having the child say the name of the picture out loud. Then have the child say which letter it picture starts with, and finally, have them find the letter and dot it. If they struggle with coming up with the letter, say the name of the picture slowly while stressing the first sound.
- Guiding – still needs support on recognizing letters and their sounds – If your child is here, this may not be the best printable to use. Doing activities like picture sorts or placing magnetic letters on pictures may be a little easier as you can limit the letters they are working on. If you really want to try this out though, make sure you provide tons of support and watch for signs of frustration. If a child gets frustrated, it may be time to take a step back and try something a little easier.
Letter sounds worksheets pdf
You can provide support by having the child say the name of the picture, with you repeating the word emphasizing the first letter sound. Next, point to the first letter. Then, ask them what the letter is with a very short pause. If they can not name the letter within a comfortable amount of time, tell them the letter and the sound and have them repeat you. Finally, ask them if the name of the picture on the phonics beginning sounds worksheets has the same sound of that letter. Continue until the answer is yes!! Have fun painting without the mess and working on beginning sounds!
Beginning Sounds Activities
If you are looking for more initial sound activities, you will love these free printable ideas:
- Adorable Penguin Beginning Sounds Match
- Phonics Buses Beginning Sounds Match
- Clever Letter Sound Matching Game
- Fun Fish Phonics Activities Kindergarten
- Hands-on Beginning Sound Clip Cards
- Beginning Sounds Worksheets with Dauber Markers
- Pumpkin Phonics Games for Kindergarten
- Ice Cream Beginning Sounds Activity
- Cute Easter Phonics Puzzles
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Beginning Sounds Activity
- Printable Kite Phonics Craft
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets (write missing letter and cut and paste)
- Clip Cards for working on Initial Sounds Activities
- Free Beginning Sounds Game with magnetic letters
- Construction Beginning Sounds Match
- Snowman Beginning Sounds Coloring Pages
- Hands-on Snowman Beginning Sounds for Preschoolers
- Beginning Sounds Animals Cards
- Apple Beginning Sounds Printable
Do Marker Worksheets
Looking for more activities to try with your do a dot printables? You will love these free worksheets:
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Number Bingo Dauber printables – fun worksheet to practice counting to 12 and using a ten frame
- Letter Recognition Do a Dot Printables
- Beginning sounds worksheets – fun phonics activity with Bingo Markers
- Mystery Picture Worksheets with Bingo Markers
- Christmas Math Worksheets – reveal hidden pictures as you complete addition problems
- Fun and Free SHAPE Do a Dot Printables
- Spring Themed Do a Dot Worksheets Free Printable to work on learning color words
- Star Wars Free Printable Letter Recognition Worksheets
- FUN Bingo Dauber Alphabet Printables
- Farm do a dot printables numbers
- Tic-Tac-Toe Addition Printable Game using dot markers
- Flower Letter Identification Worksheets
- Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Turkey Matching Game for working on color recognition
- Simple Alphabet Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Roll and Dot Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
Free Dot Marker Printables
- Robot Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Star Wars Multiples Worksheet pages
- Maze CVC Words Worksheets with dot markers
- Free Trigraph Worksheets to complete with Bingo Daubers
- Airplane Dab CVC Worksheets
- Alphabet Bingo Dauber Printables
- Cooking Up Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten with do a dot markers
- Apple Alphabet Tracing Worksheets
- Landform Worksheets pdf FREE
- Endangered Animals Letter Find Worksheets
- Simple Fall Do a Dot Printables for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten
- Letter Find Pumpkin Worksheets for Preschool with bingo daubers
- Silent E Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Final Consonant Blends Worksheets with dot markers
- Cute, FREE preschool calendar printables 2021
- Star Wars Multiples Worskheets with dot markers
- Do a Dot Ending Blends Worksheets
- St Patricks Day Math Worksheets with bingo markers
- Snow Globe Winter Worksheets for Kindergarten with dab markers
- Free printable Blends Worksheets with dot markers
Free printable kindergarten worksheets
With so worksheet for kindergarten to look through, I want to make sure you find some of our most popular printable kindergarten worksheets. So start scrolling and enjoy!
- Alphabet Worksheets – students will work on tracing letters from A to Z with these free printable, black and white printables.
- Writing Number Worksheets – children will practice tracing and writing numbers 1-20 with these blackline pages.
- Word Family Sliders
- Start out your day with this kindergarten calendar activity
- Make practicing math FUN with these free printable Math Crafts
- Work on discrimination with these Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Practice number recogition, letter recognition, and reading sight words with these Color by Code Worksheets
- These Alphabet Printable Hats are hugely popular and perfect for working on phonemic awareness and a letter of the week curriculum in kindergarten classrooms or homeschool.
- Learn vocabulary as you make your own Kindergarten Alphabet Mini Book has a book for each letter from A to Z.
- Alphabet Coloring Pages – adorable black and white sheets that feature ahuge capital letter with images that start with the same beginning sound for kids to color inside – great way for kids to build vocabulary
- Help kids explore the world around them with these fun, hands on kindergarten science ideas!
- Kindergarten Crafts arranged by month of the year!
Worksheets for kindergarten
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – Books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Kindergarten Calendar Printable
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Kindergarten Spelling Words – add a vowel practice
- Free Kindergarten spelling words Printable
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Playdough Subtraction Smash free printable math activity
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Short i cvc worksheets cut and paste pdf
- Short E CVC Words Booklet
- Crack the Code CVC Word Worksheets
- Short a CVC Word Book
- Crayon CVC Words Activity
- CVC Word Puzzles Free Printable
- Word Family Sliders Free – lots of styles to print in color or black and white
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activities
- Monster Match CVC Word Activity
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Lots of weather printables to help kids learn about weather terms while epracticing math and literacy skills
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- All About Me Kindergarten (Expanding horizons social studies unit to teach kids about themselves, My Family, My Neighborhood, My Community Unit with lots of ideas & resources
- Where do I Live – free printable project and fun idea for explaining how you live in a house, on a block, in a city, in a state, etc.
- Free Community Helpers Coloring Pages – over 20 simple coloring pages exploring jobs
- Community Helpers Printables Wheel
- Handy Community Signs Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Firefighter Worksheet to practice a variety of skills with kids 3-8
- Free Printable Community Helpers Matching Game
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages! And our hugely popular Pipe Cleaner constellation activities
Free beginning sounds worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply