This super cute sight word activity has a fun garden theme. Children will practce reading primer dolch sight words using the cute vegetables and sight word coloring page. Plus, since this activity is EDITABLE, you can use this sight word practice for any words your preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders are working on! Simply download pdf file with kindergarten sight words printables and you are ready to play and learn with a garden activity.
Sight word activity
Sight word activities for kindergartners are important because sight words are the entryway or gates to reading. While learning sight words is mostly memorization, knowing sight words allows our children to focus their time and energy on decoding the few new words in a sentence, which makes learning to read more enjoyable because they feel more successful. So with that said, this editable sight word activity will focus on learning to identify 6 sight words that your child needs help with. And because this sight words activity is editable, you can change which sight words you work on making it a great spring activity for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students.
Kindergarten sight words printables
Sight word garden
Engage your kiddo in a sight word activity that feels a whole lot like a game, basically the best kind of learning in my opinion. The primary focus is to read and identify the sight words, but I have printed the sight words on the recording sheet in a traceable font so if your child is ready to write their sight words, they can.
Editable sight word activity
Your pre-k and kindergarten kiddo is going to have a lot of fun learning to read and write their sight words as they play with the veggies in the garden.
- Editable Sight Word Activity – Garden Theme Template
- Sensory Bin (optional)
- Black Beans (optional)
Sight word practice
Download the FREE Editable Sight Word Activity – Garden Theme Template below.
Fill in the sight words you want your child to work on to make the template editable.
Print and cut the template.
Place the colorful veggies in the sensory bin filled with black beans (garden). You can skip this step and just place the vegetable cards in a pile.
- Pull one vegetable out at a time, read it, and color in the corresponding vegetable on the recording sheet.
Fun ways to teach sight words
- You can skip coloring the vegetables on the recording sheet and simply match and cover the sight words on the recording sheet with the veggies from the garden
- You can make it more challenging by inviting your child to trace and write the sight words on the recording sheet before coloring in the vegetable.
Plant Activities for Kindergarten
- Planting Carrot cvc activities for kindergarten
- How Plants Grow Worksheet are a fun math activity for spring
- Seeds Find the Letter Worksheets alphabet activity for kids
- Food coloring flower experiment worksheet Science Experiment for kids
- Flower Sight Word Maze Workshets to practice reading fluency
- Seeds Free Addition Games – fun math activity for kindergarten age kids
- LOTS of Gardening with Kids tips and information
- Cute, printable Name flower craft
- Flower Upper and Lowercase Letter Matching
- Seeds and Plants Activities for Kindergarten
- Easy Celery Experiment
- Life Cycle of a Plant Worksheet Pack
- Silly Egg Head Spring Activities for Kids
- Grass Craft for Kids
Sight Word Printables
Looking for more sight word games, activities, and worksheets to make practicing fun? Try these ideas:
- Crazy Roads 1st Grade Sight Words Game
- Cut & Paste 1st Grade Sight Words on the Farm
- Spring Flower Sight Words Game
- Sight Words BINGO Printable
- Bug Sight Word Readers kids create by cutting, pasting, and coloring
- Sight word flashcards printable
- Reading the EASY Way – 1st Grade Reading Game
- Sight Word Garden Game
- Frog Sight Word Games
- Candyland Cards Printable
- Bug Sight Word Games
- Alphabet-O Sight Word Alphabetizing Games
- Sight Word Tracing Worksheets
- Printable sight words Lists
- plus don’t miss all our MANY, Free Sight Word Printables
So here are the freebies that are downloaded most frequently:
- Alphabet Worksheets – students will work on tracing letters from A to Z with these free printable, black and white printables.
- Writing Number Worksheets – children will practice tracing and writing numbers 1-20 with these blackline pages.
- Word Family Sliders
- Solar System Worksheets – this printable pack not only teaches about the planets, stars, and sun – but help kids learn math and literacy at the same time!
- Slide & Read – this free printable word family activites is a fun way for kids to work on reading readiness
- Start out your day with this kindergarten calendar activity
- Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets For Kindergarten and First Grade
- Make practicing math FUN with these free printable Math Crafts
- Practice number recogition, letter recognition, and reading sight words with these Color by Code Worksheets
- These Alphabet Printable Hats are hugely popular and perfect for working on phonemic awareness and a letter of the week curriculum in kindergarten classrooms or homeschool.
- Learn vocabulary as you make your own Kindergarten Alphabet Mini Book has a book for each letter from A to Z.
- Alphabet Coloring Pages – adorable black and white sheets that feature ahuge capital letter with images that start with the same beginning sound for kids to color inside – great way for kids to build vocabulary
- Help kids explore the world around them with these fun, hands on kindergarten science ideas!
- Kindergarten Crafts arranged by month of the year!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets
Plus don’t miss our sister site – Kindergarten Worksheets and Games . This site containes all FREE printables and is dedicated soley to Kindergartners!
Download Sight Word Garden
Before you download your Editable Sight Word Activity – Garden Theme printable, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.