This FREE Sight Word Garden makes it fun for kids to practice kindergarten sight words with a fun spring themed gardening activity.
Sight word activities for kindergartners are important because sight words are the entryway or gates to reading. While learning sight words is mostly memorization, knowing sight words allows our children to focus their time and energy on decoding the few new words in a sentence, which makes learning to read more enjoyable because they feel more successful. So with that said, this editable sight word activity will focus on learning to identify 6 sight words that your child needs help with.
This activity is great for pre-k, and kindergarten children.
FREE Sight Word Garden
Engage your kiddo in a sight word activity that feels a whole lot like a game, basically the best kind of learning in my opinion. The primary focus is to read and identify the sight words, but I have printed the sight words on the recording sheet in a traceable font so if your child is ready to write their sight words, they can.
Editable Sight Word Activity
Your pre-k and kindergarten kiddo is going to have a lot of fun learning to read and write their sight words as they play with the veggies in the garden.
- Editable Sight Word Activity – Garden Theme Template
- Sensory Bin (optional)
- Black Beans (optional)
- Download the FREE Editable Sight Word Activity – Garden Theme Template below.
- Fill in the sight words you want your child to work on to make the template editable.
- Print and cut the template.
- Place the colorful veggies in the sensory bin filled with black beans (garden). You can skip this step and just place the vegetable cards in a pile.
- Pull one vegetable out at a time, read it, and color in the corresponding vegetable on the recording sheet.
- You can skip coloring the vegetables on the recording sheet and simply match and cover the sight words on the recording sheet with the veggies from the garden
- You can make it more challenging by inviting your child to trace and write the sight words on the recording sheet before coloring in the vegetable.
Looking for more pre-k activities? Check these out.
Download Sight Word Garden
Before you download your Editable Sight Word Activity – Garden Theme printable, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.