This hands-on rhyming activity is perfect for older preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders who are working on rhymes and are learning to make predictions when they read. This kindergarten rhyming game is quick and easy to prep and makes practicing rhyming FUN! Simply download pdf file with strawberry printable and you are ready to play and learn with this cute rhyming activity.
This rhyming activity is super cute and LOW PREP! Just print, laminate, and cut. Then, you’re all ready to practice identifying rhyming word to improve reading fluency with preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. The fun strawberry theme of this strawberry activity makes this rhyming game perfect for the end of spring and June when delicious, sweet, juicy, red strawberries start to flood our grocery stores. This summer activity for kindergarten is a great way to sneak in learning while kids have FUN!
Rhyming helps child begin to understand how language works. When children learn to rhyme, they begin to notice sounds within words, and later begin to make predictions as they read. Learning to rhyme doesn’t have to be hard when you have fun hands-on preschool activities with which kids can practice. Whether you’re focusing on letter s in your letter of the week, s is for strawberries, or you’re adding strawberries to your summer activities, these Strawberry Picking Rhyming Cards are a great way to practice rhyming words.
This set of picking strawberries rhyming cards includes 27 strawberry basket cards and 27 corresponding strawberry cards. I suggest laminating all of the pages, and then cutting them apart. This will help them last longer. You can also put a velcro dot on each circle (on the basket card) and on the back of each strawberry card. We think engaging, hands-on rhyming games are way more fun and memorable than rhyming worksheets!
Next, go over all of the cards with your little learners. Make sure they know exactly what is featured on each card. There is an answer key to reference in case you need it. Once your kids are familiar with each image, it’s time to start picking strawberries!
Kindergarten rhyming game
Lay the basket cards out, and have your child say the name of the featured item. Then, have them pick the strawberry that rhymes with the picture on the basket. Place the strawberry on the card matching the velcro dots, if you used them.
It’s that easy! Print, cut, and pick strawberries! Kids will have so much fun practicing rhyming this way.
Challenge kids to make up silly sentences with their rhyming words. For instance, “There’s a mouse in my house.”
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten, BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten
- or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Rhyming with Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
Summer worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more fun, summer theme educational activities for prek and kinders? Check out these free summer printables!
- Summer Letter Matching Alphabet Puzzles
- Learn about life cycles with these ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Garden Kindergarten sight Word Activities
- Pail and Shovel Matching Letter Game for Summer
- I Spy Pirate Game
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Hands-on Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- Garden theme Telling Time Worksheets
- Seed FInd the Letter Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Summer Lego Challenge
- Water Gun Parts of Speach Game
- Playdough Counting Mat Activity with Watermelon Seed Printable
- Summertime Dot Art Printables
- Free Printable Beach Worksheets
- Cute Flip Flip Letter Matching
- Bubble Math Worksheets
- Strawberry Picking Summer Rhyming Activity
Summer Worksheets for Kids
- Smores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Smore complete sentence game
- Cute Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fun Summer Color by Number pages to work on number recognition and hand muscles
- Work on writing with these June Writing Prompts
- Convenient Summer Writing Prompts with ruled lines and pictures to color
- Pool Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- HUGE pack of Garden Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Summer Number Recognition Coloring Worksheets
- Cute Watermelon Seed Counting Worksheet
- Skip Counting Summer Worksheets
- Simple, Free Beach Coloring Pages
- Summer Activity Pages
- Seashell Alphabet Matching Activity
- Firefly Math Printable Counting Game
- Free Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sight Word Mazes – Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sun Summer Tracing Worksheets
- Pool Count and Trace Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Sandcastle Letter Tracing Summer Activities for Kindergarten
In between reading a good book, sneak in some epic fun with these summer activities for kids of all ages:
- 107 Fun Summer Activities
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Water Balls Summer Activity
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- June Activity Calendar
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- How to Make Chalk for Summer FUN
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
Download Strawberry Rhyming Practice
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply