Rhyming is so much fun. I think when most kids get the hang of it, they run as fast as they can with it. It can get a little much sometimes, but it is fun to hear how excited they are to be learning new things! How interested they are in grasping a new concept! These Rhyming Picture Clip Cards will help children grasp the idea of rhyming while still having fun and strengthening other skills as well!
More Kindergarten Resources
- 1000+ pages of FREE Kindergarten Worksheets & Games
- Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Super Cute Word Family Sliders
- Tons of free Weekly Themes to make learning FUN
- Alphabet Playdough Cards
- Free Kindergarten Daily Calendar
- Reading the Easy Way – Kindergarten
- Printable Kindergarten Book List
Rhyming Picture Clip Cards
There are 10 cards in total. Each card has a different, easily identifiable picture. Under the main picture is three other pictures. One of the three will rhyme with the main picture. This is great for children who are just dipping their toes into the rhyming sand or as a practice activity to reiterate what they already know.
Prep for this activity is super simple. First thing is to print out each of the sheets. There are 3 sheets total. Two have 4 cards while the third has 2 rhyming cards and two blank cards.
Cut each of the cards out.
I like to laminate activities such as this to preserve the activity. Not only because kids are kids but because if you are using clothes pins, they will bend the paper easily.
I put the cards in a pile and have my daughter grab one at a time. We have used many different types of manipulatives, not just clothes pins. Here are our favorites:
- Pom Poms
- Mini Erasers
I have my daughter state what each of the pictures are: cake, cat, snake and truck. Then I ask her to name which one is rhyming. If she doesn’t know, we go through each one separate. Like, Does cake rhyme with cat? No okay, does cake rhyme with snake? YES! We put the manipulative on the clip card and move to the next. We do this until all of the cards have been completed.
- Once your children have mastered the traditional rhyming activity, you can still use these clip cards.
- Clip or put a manipulative on the pictures that don’t match.
- Have child write the rhyming words out on a recording sheet.
- Have child identify or write out words that are also matching. So for instance cake, snake as well as make, take, bake, fake, etc.
More Rhyming Activities for Kids
Download Rhyming Picture Clip Cards
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!