Rhyming pictures is so much fun. I think when most kids get the hang of it, they run as fast as they can with it. It can get a little much sometimes, but it is fun to hear how excited they are to be learning new things! How interested they are in grasping a new concept! These rhyming clip cards will help children grasp the idea of rhyming while still having fun and strengthening other skills as well! These free rhyming picture cards are perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Simply print rhyming printables and you are ready to improve reading fluency and spelling skills too.
There are 10 rhyming clip cards in total. Each card has a different, easily identifiable picture. Under the main picture is three other pictures. One of the three will rhyme with the main picture. This is great for children who are just dipping their toes into the rhyming sand or as a practice activity to reiterate what they already know.
Rhyming picture cards
Free rhyming picture cards
Prep for this activity is super simple. First thing is to print out each of the sheets. There are 3 sheets total. Two have 4 cards while the third has 2 rhyming cards and two blank cards.
Cut each of the cards out.
I like to laminate activities such as this to preserve the activity. Not only because kids are kids but because if you are using clothes pins, they will bend the paper easily.
Rhyming picture cards free
I put the cards in a pile and have my daughter grab one at a time. We have used many different types of manipulatives, not just clothes pins. Here are our favorites:
- Pom Poms
- Mini Erasers
I have my daughter state what each of the pictures are: cake, cat, snake and truck. Then I ask her to name which one is rhyming. If she doesn’t know, we go through each one separate. Like, Does cake rhyme with cat? No okay, does cake rhyme with snake? YES! We put the manipulative on the clip card and move to the next. We do this until all of the cards have been completed.
Rhyming cards free printable
- Once your children have mastered the traditional rhyming activity, you can still use these clip cards.
- Clip or put a manipulative on the pictures that don’t match.
- Have child write the rhyming words out on a recording sheet.
- Have child identify or write out words that are also matching. So for instance cake, snake as well as make, take, bake, fake, etc.
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten, BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten
- or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Rhyming with Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
- Free Alphabet coloring pages
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Free printable alphabet worksheets
- Winter color by number
- LOTS of free alphabet worksheets
- Kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Dinosaur printables
- Free kindergarten math games
- Free alphabet worksheets
- free kindergarten worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!