Learn all about the ‘golden age’ of radio as well as World War II with this fun 1940s America Reader. As children in kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders read about the 1940s for kids thye will color to learn with this american history printable they will learn some interesting 1940s facts. Simply download pdf file with US history worksheets to learn about american history for kids.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low-prep activity for helping students learn aboutlife in 1940s America. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember is to have them read and study the people, the country and the way of life during this era. This reader is a great introduction to the 1940s, World War II, cars, the 1940s radio and telephone as well as the swimwear from this decade.
The early to mid Forties were dominated by World War II. After the war ended in 1945, the beginning of the Baby Boomer years came about as well as many technological advancements such the jet engine, nuclear fusion, and rocket technology. This was a great starting point the exploration of space as well as for helping improve travel by air. The Golden Age of Radio peaked in the 1940s; radio provided news and entertained through the uncertain times of economic depression and war. Owned by General Motors, Pontiac was an automobile manufacturer known for making affordable cars. The Pontiac streamliner was a popular car of the 40s. After the war, the big bands were replaced by crooners and vocal pop; The jitterbug was a popular dance that consisted of swing dancers. Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected to serve 4 terms as the President of the United States until his death in 1945.
US History Worksheets
First, you will need to download the pack. Now simply print the black and white pages on plain printer paper and cut the pages in half before stapling the book together.
These mini books contain one cover page that children can decorate their own. After this, there are multiple pages all about the 1930s to add behind this. While reading these books, children will learn about:
- the Golden Age of Radio
- World War II
- Mount Rushmore completed
- Presidents of the USA during this time
- Major Events
- Cost of Living
1940s for Kids
These two books are completely in blackline which is not only great for printing, but also a fun way for kids to get creative by decorating the images however they desire. Children can use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. to color in their books.
There are two different books, with one book being a more simple version of the other. This one is aimed at younger children, while the more in-depth one is aimed at older children. Extra pages for children to write on could also be added, after reading books and researching more on this topic.
This printable pack comes in black and white only.
American History for Kids
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, make a Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolution and famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? History comes alive as they learn about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic Study, Glacier or Iceberg Activity, and Continents and Oceans Printables
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- Anne Frank for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
1940s for Kids
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set) For classroom use please purchase a licensed version here.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Download 1940s Reader <<