Building skip counting skills can take time. Kids need to understand the difference between counting forward and skip counting. I love showing kids how to do this using a variety of manipulatives. These fun Skip Counting by 2s and 3s cards give students the opportunity to skip count, clip the number and then write it.
These fun write and wipe skip counting cards will be a hit with your students!
They are so easy to prepare and best of all, they can be re-used endlessly!
Skip Counting by 2s and 3s
I like getting the kids to clap as they skip count their numbers. So instance skip counting by 2’s we add two each time. We clap two times to count on 2 to find the next number, 4. So, 3 clap, 4 clap. This helps kids visualize the numbers and gives them plenty of practice to help them develop their understanding of skip counting.
This activity includes skip counting cards by 2 and 3. Each set of four cards with the same number sequence but with a number missing from the sequence.
If kids aren’t ready to do the larger set of numbers, you could choose the cards you wish to use with them .
- Download these cards (below).
- Print and use card stock or laminate the pages.
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Have dry erase markers and some pegs ready for this activity.
- Have the kids choose a card then read the sequence of numbers on the top.
- They clap their hands as they count on to find the number that is missing in the sequence.
- They clip the number using pegs and write the number using a dry erase marker.
Skip Counting Activities
- Skip Counting Posters – great visual!
- Skip Counting Mazes 2s-10s
- Skip Counting Puzzles 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 8s, 9s, 10s
- Skip counting beach puzzles
- Self Checking Skip Counting Plates
- Vegetable skip counting puzzles
- Skip Counting Worksheets 2s-10s (getting progressively harder)
Download Skip Counting by 2s and 3s
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.