Building skip counting skills can take time. Kids need to understand the difference between counting forward and skip counting. I love showing kids how to do this using a variety of manipulatives. These fun Skip Counting by 2s and 3s cards give students the opportunity to skip count, clip the number and then write it.
These fun write and wipe skip counting cards will be a hit with your students!
They are so easy to prepare and best of all, they can be re-used endlessly!
Skip Counting by 2s and 3s
I like getting the kids to clap as they skip count their numbers. So instance skip counting by 2’s we add two each time. We clap two times to count on 2 to find the next number, 4. So, 3 clap, 4 clap. This helps kids visualize the numbers and gives them plenty of practice to help them develop their understanding of skip counting.
This activity includes skip counting cards by 2 and 3. Each set of four cards with the same number sequence but with a number missing from the sequence.
If kids aren’t ready to do the larger set of numbers, you could choose the cards you wish to use with them .
- Download these cards (below).
- Print and use card stock or laminate the pages.
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Have dry erase markers and some pegs ready for this activity.
- Have the kids choose a card then read the sequence of numbers on the top.
- They clap their hands as they count on to find the number that is missing in the sequence.
- They clip the number using pegs and write the number using a dry erase marker.
FREE Skip Counting Printables
Looking for more fun skip counting activities to make learning to skip count fun? Check out these fun and FREE resources!
- Printable Skip Counting Paths
- Free Skip Counting Worksheets – follow the path
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Fun Skip Counting Mazes
- Craft Stick Skip Counting Activity
- Hands-on Skip Counting Puzzles
- Reusable Skip Counting Write & Wipe
- Under the Sea Skip Counting Dot to Dot
- Free Skip Counting Visuals
- Christmas Skip Counting Printable
- Cute Skip Counting Activity – Lacing Plates
- Free Printable Skip Counting Posters – fantastic visual for elementary age students
- Printable Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Free Printable Skip Counting Puzzles 2s-10s
- Cute Christmas Skip Counting
- Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles
- Skip Counting Chart Worksheets 1s-15s
- Famous Landmarks Around the World Skip Counting Puzzles
- Cute Summer Skip Counting Puzzles
- Fun Winter Skip Counting Puzzles
- Counting by 2s and counting by 3s clip cards
- Skip Counting Activity Counting by Lacing Plates (self-checking activity)
- Oregon Trail Themed Skip Counting Game
- Smores Skip Counting Printable
- Constellations Skip Counting Worksheets – dot to dot activity
- Yummy Sundae Skip Counting Ativities for Kindergartners
- Fall Skip Counting Worksheets
- Hands-on skip counting activity with craft sticks – great visual!
Don’t miss all our amazing grade 2 worksheets and 2nd grade activities with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, free printable worksheets for kindergarten, grade 1 worksheets, and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Download Skip Counting by 2s and 3s
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.