Building skip counting skills can take time. Kids need to understand the difference between counting forward and skip counting. I love showing kids how to do this using a variety of manipulatives. These fun Skip Counting by 2s and 3s cards give students the opportunity to skip count, clip the number and then write it.
These fun write and wipe skip counting cards will be a hit with your students!
They are so easy to prepare and best of all, they can be re-used endlessly!
Skip Counting by 2s and 3s
I like getting the kids to clap as they skip count their numbers. So instance skip counting by 2’s we add two each time. We clap two times to count on 2 to find the next number, 4. So, 3 clap, 4 clap. This helps kids visualize the numbers and gives them plenty of practice to help them develop their understanding of skip counting.
This activity includes skip counting cards by 2 and 3. Each set of four cards with the same number sequence but with a number missing from the sequence.
If kids aren’t ready to do the larger set of numbers, you could choose the cards you wish to use with them .
- Print and use card stock or laminate the pages.
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Have dry erase markers and some pegs ready for this activity.
- Have the kids choose a card then read the sequence of numbers on the top.
- They clap their hands as they count on to find the number that is missing in the sequence.
- They clip the number using pegs and write the number using a dry erase marker.
Don’t miss all our amazing grade 2 worksheets and 2nd grade activities with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, free printable worksheets for kindergarten, grade 1 worksheets, and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Skip Counting Activities
We have lots of fun skip counting activities and free worksheets for elementary age students!
- Free skip counting games, spring Skip Counting Games, printable skip counting mazes, Oregon Trail math game
- Skip Counting Worksheets 1s-15s, Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets, free skip counting dot to dot, fun connect the dots constellations worksheet pdf, follow the path skip counting printables, hundreds chart skip counting chart
- Skip counting charts 1-15, skip counting anchor chart, or these cute Skip Counting posters
- Kite skip counting craft, 50+ skip counting puzzles, ocean skip counting dot to dot
- Bunny skip counting printable clip cards, monster skip count by 4 clip cards, penguin skip counting strips, sundae skip counting activities for kindergarten, fairy tale counting in 2s
- Seasonal skip counting: christmas worksheets, free christmas skip counting puzzles, fun fall worksheets, easter math, pumpkin seed skip counting, turkey math, winter math skip counting puzzles
- Smores skip counting activities, hands-on skip counting ideas like self-checking lacing plates, world landmarks skip counting puzzles, number train skip counting activity, skip count star wars worksheets
- Math Checkers – multiplication games printable pdf or Lego free printable multiplication flash cards pdf
- Printable math frog multiplication, Apple Picking Multiplication Game, Deck of Cards Free Multiplication Worksheets
- Don’t Get Caught Fishy Multiplication Games, Interactive free multiplication worksheets
- Printable multiplication hopscotch activity, 15 Multiplication Table, or Multiplication tic tac toe Game
- Knights Quest division games printable amd Home Run printable division games
- Science Multiplication Color by Number Worksheets or Free Multiplication Wheel Printable
- Multiplication Puzzles to introduce grouping or Multi Digit multiplication spinner game
- Lots of multiplication games printables and activitites to make learning FUN, apple multiplication activity
- Hands-on Introduction to Multiplication with Equal Groups Multiplication
- Quick and easy Multiplication Booklet PDF make practicing more fun than worksheets for multiplication
- Candy Corn Math multiplication puzzles, Pumpkin Multiplication puzzles
- Multiplication Math Christmas tree math game for kids and printable Math Christmas worksheets
- Multiplication snowman puzzles, Winter multiplication worksheets
- Valentine’s day multiplication worksheets with self-checking lacing activity, St patrick’s day math 4th grade – multiplication cards, spring showers Multiplication Craft, and easter Math activities Challenge
- See over 250 Multiplication Games and all our Free Multiplication Printables!
Did you know we have over 1 million pages of free printable worksheets for kids – including math activities for preschoolers, kindergarten math, first grade math, 2nd grade math and alphabet worksheeets to help make learning FUN. Plus find our history lessons and amazing easy science experiments for kids
Prefer to just look at our math games by grade level? You’ll love this post!
Skip Counting by 2s and 3s
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.