These handy, free printable skip counting posters are great if you are working on learning to skip count with your student! These skip counting printables allow kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students to memorize these facts to prepare for multiplication. Each skip counting poster has a fun theme to keep kids engaged and eager to practice math! Simply print pdf file with skip counting number posters and you are ready to learn to memorize with a FUN skip counting activity.
Skip Counting Posters
skip counting posters free
Skip counting poster
Whether your child is working on how to skip count by 2, skip count by 3, skip count by 4, skip count by 5, skip count by 6, skip count by 7, skip count by 8, skip count by 9, or skip count by 10 – these are great visuals for kids to reference as they memorize! Include in these skip counting printables are the following:
- Spaghetti & Meatballs Counting by 2s poster
- Dart gun Counting by 3s poster
- Ladybugs in ajar Counting by 4s poster
- Fish in an Aquarium Counting by 5s poster
- Raindrops coming down on an Umbrella Counting by 6s poster
- Trains on a track Counting by 7s poster
- Apples in a basket Counting by 8s poster
- Angry Birds doing tricks, Counting by 9s poster
- Colorful Crayons counting by 10s poster
Why Teach Skip Counting?
Learning skip counting will not only help children be able to count things faster, but will make the transition to multiplication much, much easier.
Helping kids commit skip counting to memory will help make learning to multiply so much easier. And these free skip counting posters are one of the simplist most effective ways to help kids memorize skip counting numbers!
skip counting number posters
HOw you use them depends a lot on your curriculum. Some classical education programs like classical conversations has children learn their skip counting tables by putting them to catchy songs and repeating them every year from age 4-12. Others introduce them llittle by little starting with the most common first:
- Kindergarten – 5s, 10s
- 1st grade – 2s, 3s
- 2nd grade – 4s, 6s,
- 3rd grade – 7s, 8s, 9s
If you are part Classical Conversations they will begin teaching kids to skip count from 1s-15s from Prek and Kindergarten through elementary age (1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grde, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students in Foundations). Repeating the counting squence over and over again is not only an easy skip counting activity, but great for achieving fluency you will need as a firm foundation for multiplication and division.
Skip Counting Practice
I created these fun, uniquely themed skip counting posters so that I can practicing skip counting FUN! I use these daily with my elementary age homeschoolers.
Skip Counting Activities
We have lots of fun skip counting activities and free worksheets for elementary age students!
- Free skip counting games, spring Skip Counting Games, printable skip counting mazes, Oregon Trail math game
- Skip Counting Worksheets 1s-15s, Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets, free skip counting dot to dot, fun connect the dots constellations worksheet pdf, follow the path skip counting printables, hundreds chart skip counting chart
- Skip counting charts 1-15, skip counting anchor chart, or these cute Skip Counting posters
- Kite skip counting craft, 50+ skip counting puzzles, ocean skip counting dot to dot
- Bunny skip counting printable clip cards, monster skip count by 4 clip cards, penguin skip counting strips, sundae skip counting activities for kindergarten, fairy tale counting in 2s
- Seasonal skip counting: christmas worksheets, free christmas skip counting puzzles, fun fall worksheets, easter math, pumpkin seed skip counting, turkey math, winter math skip counting puzzles
- Smores skip counting activities, hands-on skip counting ideas like self-checking lacing plates, world landmarks skip counting puzzles, number train skip counting activity, skip count star wars worksheets
- Math Checkers – multiplication games printable pdf or Lego free printable multiplication flash cards pdf
- Printable math frog multiplication, Apple Picking Multiplication Game, Deck of Cards Free Multiplication Worksheets
- Don’t Get Caught Fishy Multiplication Games, Interactive free multiplication worksheets
- Printable multiplication hopscotch activity, 15 Multiplication Table, or Multiplication tic tac toe Game
- Knights Quest division games printable amd Home Run printable division games
- Science Multiplication Color by Number Worksheets or Free Multiplication Wheel Printable
- Multiplication Puzzles to introduce grouping or Multi Digit multiplication spinner game
- Lots of multiplication games printables and activitites to make learning FUN, apple multiplication activity
- Hands-on Introduction to Multiplication with Equal Groups Multiplication
- Quick and easy Multiplication Booklet PDF make practicing more fun than worksheets for multiplication
- Candy Corn Math multiplication puzzles, Pumpkin Multiplication puzzles
- Multiplication Math Christmas tree math game for kids and printable Math Christmas worksheets
- Multiplication snowman puzzles, Winter multiplication worksheets
- Valentine’s day multiplication worksheets with self-checking lacing activity, St patrick’s day math 4th grade – multiplication cards, spring showers Multiplication Craft, and easter Math activities Challenge
- See over 250 Multiplication Games and all our Free Multiplication Printables!
Did you know we have over 1 million pages of free printable worksheets for kids – including math activities for preschoolers, kindergarten math, first grade math, 2nd grade math and alphabet worksheeets to help make learning FUN. Plus find our history lessons and amazing easy science experiments for kids
Prefer to just look at our math games by grade level? You’ll love this post!
skip counting worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful resources 🙂