These handy, free printable skip counting posters are great if you are working on learning to skip count with your student! These skip counting printables allow kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students to memorize these facts to prepare for multiplication. Each skip counting poster has a fun theme to keep kids engaged and eager to practice math! Simply download pdf file and you are ready to learn to memorize with a FUN skip counting activity.
Skip Counting Posters
Skip Counting Printables
Skip counting poster
Whether your child is working on how to skip count by 2, skip count by 3, skip count by 4, skip count by 5, skip count by 6, skip count by 7, skip count by 8, skip count by 9, or skip count by 10 – these are great visuals for kids to reference as they memorize! Include in these skip counting printables are the following:
- Spaghetti & Meatballs Counting by 2s poster
- Dart gun Counting by 3s poster
- Ladybugs in ajar Counting by 4s poster
- Fish in an Aquarium Counting by 5s poster
- Raindrops coming down on an Umbrella Counting by 6s poster
- Trains on a track Counting by 7s poster
- Apples in a basket Counting by 8s poster
- Angry Birds doing tricks, Counting by 9s poster
- Colorful Crayons counting by 10s poster
Why Teach Skip Counting?
Learning skip counting will not only help children be able to count things faster, but will make the transition to multiplication much, much easier.
Helping kids commit skip counting to memory will help make learning to multiply so much easier. And these free skip counting posters are one of the simplist most effective ways to help kids memorize skip counting numbers!
Skip counting number posters
HOw you use them depends a lot on your curriculum. Some classical education programs like classical conversations has children learn their skip counting tables by putting them to catchy songs and repeating them every year from age 4-12. Others introduce them llittle by little starting with the most common first:
- Kindergarten – 5s, 10s
- 1st grade – 2s, 3s
- 2nd grade – 4s, 6s,
- 3rd grade – 7s, 8s, 9s
If you are part Classical Conversations they will begin teaching kids to skip count from 1s-15s from Prek and Kindergarten through elementary age (1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grde, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students in Foundations). Repeating the counting squence over and over again is not only an easy skip counting activity, but great for achieving fluency you will need as a firm foundation for multiplication and division.
Skip Counting Practice
I created these fun, uniquely themed skip counting posters so that I can practicing skip counting FUN! I use these daily with my elementary age homeschoolers.
Skip counting worksheet
Looking for more fun skip counting activities to make learning to skip count fun? Check out these fun and FREE resources!
- Printable Skip Counting Paths
- Free Skip Counting Worksheets – follow the path
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Fun Skip Counting Mazes
- Craft Stick Skip Counting Activity
- Hands-on Skip Counting Puzzles
- Reusable Skip Counting Write & Wipe
- Under the Sea Skip Counting Dot to Dot
- Free Skip Counting Visuals
- Christmas Skip Counting Printable
- Cute Skip Counting Activity – Lacing Plates
- Free Printable Skip Counting Posters – fantastic visual for elementary age students
- Printable Kite Skip Counting Craft
Skip Counting Activities
- Free Printable Skip Counting Puzzles 2s-10s
- Cute Christmas Skip Counting
- Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles
- Skip Counting Chart Worksheets 1s-15s
- Famous Landmarks Around the World Skip Counting Puzzles
- Cute Summer Skip Counting Puzzles
- Fun Winter Skip Counting Puzzles
- Counting by 2s and counting by 3s clip cards
- Skip Counting Activity Counting by Lacing Plates (self-checking activity)
- Oregon Trail Themed Skip Counting Game
- Smores Skip Counting Printable
- Constellations Skip Counting Worksheets – dot to dot activity
- Yummy Sundae Skip Counting Ativities for Kindergartners
- Fall Skip Counting Worksheets
- Hands-on skip counting activity with craft sticks – great visual!
Did you know we have over 1 million pages of free printable worksheets for kids – including math activities for preschoolers, kindergarten math, first grade math, 2nd grade math and alphabet worksheeets to help make learning FUN. Plus find our history lessons and amazing easy science experiments for kids
Prefer to just look at our math games by grade level? You’ll love this post!
Download FREE Skip Counting Posters
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- All downloaded materials provided are copyright protected. Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!