Number Train is a fun, hands-on counting activity that uses free train printables to build a counting train! This number activities for kindergarten, preschool, pre-k, and first graders allows children to practice putting numbers in order with a fun math game. You can use different engines to help kids practice simply counting to 10, counting to 20, counting 1 to 100, or skip counting by 1s, 2s, 5s, and 10s. Print counting game pdf for a fun number games for kindergarten!
Whether your chidl is a huge train fan or you are just looking for a versatile counting activity to help kids practice counting 1-20, 1-10, 1-50, counting 1-100, or skip counting by 2s, counting by 5s, counting by 10s, or sorting by odd and eve numbers. This number train math activity is a fun way to practice with a number activity. I love that this math activity for preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, and grade 2 students starts simply but you can add on to continue working on counting for kindergarten. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschoolers you will love adding this kindergarten math game to your train theme, math center, as extra practice, independent learning, summer learning, or extension activity. I created this fun math activity to help my kiddos (3-7 years) learn some key math skills & practice them in a fun way! You can build various trains depending on the age/skill of your child.
Number Train Printable
Number train worksheet
Choo Choo! Children of all ages are fascinated by trains! They love getting on them and venturing from car to car, the clickety clack sound as the train rolls along, the slight swaying motion that makes you focus to stay standing, and the adventure of heading to a new place to explore. Help kids get excited about learning with this fun, hands-on educational game for kids.
Now Print the number train activity in color on cardstock for durability and cut along the dotted lines to make separate train cars. Use the trains that corresponds with the skill you are wanting work on:
- Counting 10- (PreK)
- Counting 1-20 (PreK/K)
- counting 1-30 (PreK/K)
- Counting 1-50 (PreK/K)
- Counting 1-100 (K/1st)
- Counting by 2s (1-50 K / 1-100 1st)
- Counting by 5s (1-50 K /1 –100 1st)
- Counting by 10s (1-50 K /1 –100 1st)
- Odd Numbers (1st)
- Even Numbers (1st)
Number train activity
Now that you have the correct pieces ready, have your student pick the correct engine for the counting they are practicing. Then have them put the train cars in order to count to 100, count to 20, skip count by 2s, skip count by 5s, skip count by 10, or any of the other many included engines to choose from.
Train math activities for preschoolers
This is such a fun, hands on activity to help kids practice numbers no matter what level they are at all the way to one to hundred counting.
Looking for more fun, free transportation printables to help kids learn a variety of skills with a fun transporation theme? You will love these transportation free printables:
- Construction Worksheets – looking for another huge pack with tons of activities to help teach your kindergartner? You will love this huge construction theme!
- Dump Truck Counting Mat – Count to 20 activity that uses foil or playdough as a hands on manipulative.
- Help kid spractice a variety of skills with this HUGE pack of Transportation Worksheets
- Transportation Kindergarten Word Families Sliders – help kids improve reading skills with this fun transportation themed learning activity
- Tools matching upper and lowercase letters game printable activity
- Free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters – practice handwriting while tracing letters with this fun transportation theme printable
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables to practice a variety of math and literacy skills with a no prep activity for early learners.
- Transportation Playdough Mats – Kids will have fun recreating vehicles while strengthening hands using play dough.
- School Bus Alphabet Matching – practice matter upper and lowerase letters with a fun back to school theme.
- Check out these transportation activities for preschool
- Transportation Pom Pom Activity Sheets – work on one to one correspondence with this fun hands-on transportation activity
- Make some artwork as you try this silly painting with cars activity for kids
- Practicing counting to 100 with this number train printable
- Don’t miss these fun-to-read Transportation Books for Kids
- Airplane cvc words worksheets to complete with do a dot markers
- Crazy Roads Kindergarten Sight Words Game or the pre-k sight words version or first grade sight words games edition
- Practice sight words with this fun, Train themed sightwordgame
If you are looking for some more fun, engaging, hands-on, and free printable counting activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners – check out these great resources!
- Numbers 1-5: 5 Little Monkeys Printable counting activity, Counting Farm Animals
- Dab the Path Number Recognition Worksheets, count and trace preschool number worksheets 1-10, free printable tracing numbers 1-10, pirate number tracing worksheets, or these School Supplies preschool numbers worksheets 1-10 pdf
- Bingo Marker Pages – number bingo dauber worksheets or farm counting bingo dauber worksheets,
- Fruit Loops Ten Frame Math Cards, FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards (1-12 Counting Goldfish Activity), Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Counting Games for Preschoolers, number sense butterfly math activities for preschoolers, or Firefly Printable Math Game
- Counting Umbrella Craft Preschool, Barnyard Counting Clip Card, Vegetables Counting From 1 to 10 clip cards, Zoo Animals Counting Worksheet
- Caterpillar Numbers 1-10 Printable book to count, color, and trace and coordinating The Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Super cute, Free Playdough Number Mats, Fingerprint Activity Worksheet, or Firefly Free Printable Counting Worksheets
- Counting Apple Playdough Mats with ten frame (or this free printable apple counting book)
- Bowling Counting Activities for Preschoolers, Camping math activities for preschoolers, or Donut Printables Counting Playdough Mats (number names)
- Cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats, Butterfly Ten Frame math activities for preschool, or these butterfly math worksheets
- Free Printable Numbers 1-10 for Preschoolers (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.), Counting Wheels 0-10 – Counting Activity Preschool
- Plant a Number Line to 10 or practice counting with these bug worksheets preschool
- Fall Worksheets to work on counting, Sunflower seed counting activity , scooping Ice Cream Counting Printable, Lemonade Stand ten frame math worksheets with playdough, this ladybug counting activity, or Turkey Candy Corn Counting Worksheets (numbers 1-10)
- Pizza Counting Game or this Monster Teeth Playdough Mats
- Focus on one number at a time: Number 1 Worksheets, Number 2 Worksheets, Number 3 Worksheets, Number 4 Worksheets, Number 5 Worksheets, Number 6 Worksheets, Number 7 Worksheets, Number 8 Worksheets, Number 9 Worksheets, Number 10 Worksheets,
- Free Printable color by number worksheets like these space color by number or ocean color by number
- Counting Animals Worksheet 1-10, Flower Tracing Numbers 1-10 pdf, Watermelon Printable Counting Activity, Counting Snowman Printables, Little bo peep activities for preschool, or Counting Bugs Coloring Book
- 1:1 Correspondence Pom Pom Counting Activity, Bird One to One Correspondence Activity with free printable and jelly beans, Flower counting activity for preschool with circle stickers, or Counting Spaghetti and Meatballs Game
- Free Number Coloring Pages 1-10, banana number puzzles, or Free Printable Number Tracing Worksheets
- 100 FUN and Free Printable Number Sense Activities and Games
- Learn number names with these free printable number words worksheet set
- Kindergarten Teen Numbers Worksheets 11-20, Numbers 1 to 20 Worksheets, fall numbers 11 to 20 worksheets, or Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
- Number Writing Practice 1-20, Star Wars Number Tracing 0-20
- Rocketship Number Recognition 11-20 Games, Handy Free Printable Number Puzzles 1-20
- Penguin Counting Worksheet, Printable Teen Number Games, or Watermelon Seed Counting Activity (Numbers 1-15)
- Counting practice with Strawberry activities for toddlers, Monster Counting googly eyes printable , cute Dump Truck Counting Mat, or Flip-Flip Counting to 20 printable activity with stickers
- Corn-on-the-Cob Count to 20 Activity, Pool Numbers Counting 1 to 20, Catch 20 Bug Counting Game, or
- Summer Count to 20 Playdough Maths Activities (spring playdough mats), Pearl Counting to 20 Worksheets, or Free Counting games for kindergarten 1-20
- Monster Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Gumball Counting Activity with free printable template (1-30)
- Free Number Train Printable – practice counting to 20, 1-100, or skip counting
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Around the World Puzzles – Counting to 50 Activities
- Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers (counting to 30)
- Bee 1 to 50 Counting Game
- Zoo Animals Printable Number Sense Activity
- Roll to 100 free printable
- Construction Number Recognition Games 1-100
- Hands-on, free printable Domino math games kindergarten
- Flower Spring Number Puzzles
- Free printable Counting to 100 games
- Missing Number Worksheets 1-100
- Around the World Count to 100 Puzzles
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.