Practice counting 1 to 100 with number trains, a fun math activity for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. You can use different engines to help kids practice simply counting to 10, counting to 20, numbers 1-100, or skip counting by 1s, 2s, 5s, and 10s. Download pdf number train printable below and start having fun with this free math activity!
Does your child love trains? This number trains math activity is a fun way for train lovers to practice counting and skip counting. Whether you are practicing how to count to 10, count to 20, count to 50, count t0 100, or skip count by 10s, 2s, 5s, 1s, odds, or evens – they are all covered making this a great math activity for preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschoolers you will love adding this kindergarten math game to your train theme, math center, as extra practice, independent learning, summer learning, or extension activity.
I created this fun math activity to help my kiddos (3-7 years) learn some key math skills & practice them in a fun way! You can build various trains depending on the age/skill of your child.
Number Train Printable
Choo Choo! Children of all ages are fascinated by trains! They love getting on them and venturing from car to car, the clickety clack sound as the train rolls along, the slight swaying motion that makes you focus to stay standing, and the adventure of heading to a new place to explore. Help kids get excited about learning with this fun, hands-on educational game for kids.
Now Print the number train activity in color on cardstock for durability and cut along the dotted lines to make separate train cars. Use the trains that corresponds with the skill you are wanting work on:
- Counting 10- (PreK)
- Counting 1-20 (PreK/K)
- counting 1-30 (PreK/K)
- Counting 1-50 (PreK/K)
- Counting 1-100 (K/1st)
- Counting by 2s (1-50 K / 1-100 1st)
- Counting by 5s (1-50 K /1 –100 1st)
- Counting by 10s (1-50 K /1 –100 1st)
- Odd Numbers (1st)
- Even Numbers (1st)
Counting 1 to 100
Now that you have the correct pieces ready, have your student pick the correct engine for the counting they are practicing. Then have them put the train cars in order to count to 100, count to 20, skip count by 2s, skip count by 5s, skip count by 10, or any of the other many included engines to choose from.
This is such a fun, hands on activity to help kids practice counting!
Counting Activities for Kids
We have lots of other fun, clever ideas for practicing counting with kids! Check out these ideas!
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Plant a Number Line to 10
Counting Games for Kids
Looking for even more counting printables to make practicing counting fun for kids? You will love these free counting ideas!
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Sunflower Seed Counting
- Counting to 100 games
- Skip Counting Chart
- Pizza Counting Game
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Bingo Dauber Printables
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Monster Counting with Google eyes
- Lego Numbers – Printable Duplo Mats to count and trace
Looking for more fun, free transportation printables to help kids learn a variety of skills with a fun transporation theme? You will love these transportation free printables:
- Construction Worksheets – looking for another huge pack with tons of activities to help teach your kindergartner? You will love this huge construction theme!
- Dump Truck Counting Mat – Count to 20 activity that uses foil or playdough as a hands on manipulative.
- Help kid spractice a variety of skills with this HUGE pack of Transportation Worksheets
- Transportation Kindergarten Word Families Sliders – help kids improve reading skills with this fun transportation themed learning activity
- Tools matching upper and lowercase letters game printable activity
- Free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters – practice handwriting while tracing letters with this fun transportation theme printable
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables to practice a variety of math and literacy skills with a no prep activity for early learners.
- Transportation Playdough Mats – Kids will have fun recreating vehicles while strengthening hands using play dough.
- School Bus Alphabet Matching – practice matter upper and lowerase letters with a fun back to school theme.
- Check out these transportation activities for preschool
- Transportation Pom Pom Activity Sheets – work on one to one correspondence with this fun hands-on transportation activity
- Make some artwork as you try this silly painting with cars activity for kids
- Practicing counting to 100 with this number train printable
- Don’t miss these fun-to-read Transportation Books for Kids
- Airplane cvc words worksheets to complete with do a dot markers
- Crazy Roads Kindergarten Sight Words Game or the pre-k sight words version or first grade sight words games edition
- Practice sight words with this fun, Train themed sightwordgame
Number Trains Skip Counting
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!