School is in full swing now and what better way to keep the learning going then to do a super fun pizza counting activity! We all know kids like pizza. So why not combined a yummy food kids love to eat and a skill they need to learn. This PIZZA COUNTING GAME will encourage young learners to practice number recognition and enhance their counting skills. It’s perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids working on number sense.
Pizza Counting Game
Count and add stickers to play this fun pizza counting game. This pizza counting activity is great for helping toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners, to practice counting to 8 and counting to 10. Use this to work on number sense, count -10, and number recognition with a fun pizza theme.
Pizza Counting Activity
All you need to try this fun math activity for preschoolers are a few simple craft materials you probably already have on hand in your home.
- Red Dot Stickers (If you don’t have dot sticker you can also just use a red marker.)
- 2 White Paper Plates
- A Black Marker
Pizza Math Game
Gather all the materials you’ll need for this activity. Cut one paper plates into pizza slices. The good thing about this activity is that you can make 8 pizza slices to practice the numbers 1-8 or just 4 pizza slices if you want to start with a small amount of numbers. Then depending on how many pizza slices you cut, make the same amount of pizza slices on the other paper plate using the black marker (this will be the whole pizza). Then write a number on each slice on the paper plate that is not cut. On the paper plate that you cut into pieces, use the red dot stickers and add then to each slice to match one of the numbers on the whole pizza.
Counting pizza game
Once I was done getting this activity ready I gave my daughter the whole pizza first. The one with the numbers on it and we went over each number together. Then I handed her the pizza slices and I had her count the red dot stickers on each pizza slice. Once she did that she began to match the pizza slices to the whole pizza by recounting the red dot stickers on each pizza slice and then placing that slice on the whole pizza over the correct number.
This PIZZA COUNTING ACTIVITY was the best! My daughter loves all things food and cooking so this was a winner for her. She even served me a piece of the pizza when she was done playing but I had to count the red dot stickers (pepperoni…….lol) on it first. Your kid/kids will love practicing number recognition and counting skills with this fun activity at home or in the classroom. Do this activity today and start the learning fun!
Preschool pizza activities
Pizza Activities for Kids
- Pizza Worksheets help early learners practice math and literacy skills
- 2-in-1 free printable Pizza Fractions Games
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Help kids work on reading comprehension with this pizza reading comprehension
- Printable Pizza Fractions Game
- Simple, hands-on Pizza Counting Games
- Homemade Taco Pizza Recipe – yum!
- Homemade Breakfast Pizza – our kids favorite
- Yummy Pizza Quesadilla – quick, easy lunch
Counting Activities for Kids
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Counting 1-10 Pom Counting Activity
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Number Train Printable Math Activity for counting 1-20
- Plant a Number Line to 10
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Sunflower Seed Counting
- Counting to 100 games
- Skip Counting Chart
- Pizza Counting Game
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Bingo Dauber Printables
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Monster Counting with Google eyes
- Lego Numbers – Printable Duplo Mats to count and trace