Kids will have fun practicing counting from 1-20 with these super cute, free printable monster counting mats. As toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age children add the silly googley eyes they will practice math skills and count to 20.
Young children learn best through play! This free printable, counting activity is a great way to help kids practice counting to 20. Grab the counting mat and a pack of googly eyes and you are ready to play and count! Toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartens will love this monster counting printable to make practicing counting 0-20 fun.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this no prep, preschool counting activity! Use this as extra practice, math center in your classroom, in a monster theme, or as a supplement to your math curriculum.
Monster googly eyes counting
Count to 20
This activity is simple and FUN!
Just print off one of the monster mats below, get a big bag of googly eyes and the dice template or make your own dice with wood cubes and googly eyes.
There are several ways to play this game both independently or in a friendly competition to see who can get to 20 eyes on their monster first.
- Just roll the googly eye dice and place that number of eyes on the monster. Continue rolling until you get to 20 eyes. Make sure to use math words like “plus”, “more” “add”, etc. to help kids learn the math vocabulary.
- Use a dice that has 2 sides of the dice colored red. When your child rolls a red side they will remove the number of dice they rolled. Use math words like “minus” or “less” or “take away” or “subtract” to help enhance the learning experience.
TIP: Have children count out the number of new eyes to add and then count on from the number of googly eyes already on them. This will help them get the reinforcement with larger numbers that can be lacking for many children.
For example my daughter’s monster has 3 googly eyes on already. She rolls 2 googly eyes so she counts out two eyes from the pile. She will then count on saying “4 and 5. My monster has 5 eyes altogether”
Monster Activities for Preschoolers
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Monster Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Feed the Monster Printable
- Monsters Inc Slime
- Free Monster Memory Game
- Monster Math
- Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Monster Alphabet Letters
- Monster Counting with Google Eyes
- Fun Monster Preschool Theme
- Monsters Family Fun Night
- HUGE Monster Worksheets Pack (with silly Monsters University friends)
- 100 EPIC Monster Crafts for preschoolers
Count to 20
- Spring Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Bug Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Place Value Cards Printable Activity Counting to 20
- Monster Counting Mat 1-20
- Apple Seed Counting to Twenty
- Cute Penguin Counting Worksheet
- Gumball Counting Activity
- Hands-on Dominio Counting Game
- Strawberry Counting Activity
- Fruit Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Petshop Counting to 20 Worksheets
- Spring Counting Playdough Mats
- Dump Truck Counting Mat 1-20
- Counting Activities with Gears
- Cute Playdough Corn Counting Activity
- FREE Pearl Counting to 20 Worksheets Activity
Monster Googly Eyes Counting to 20
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!