Set off on a safari and practice counting with this fun (and free) Safari count to 30 game! It’s quick and easy: just a few minutes and you’ll be ready! This counting to 30 activities is perfect for preschool, pre-k, and kindegarten age children. Children will move forward and backwads in this printable number games depending on the animals they encounter in the playing cards such as lions, monkeys, giraffee, hippo, vultures, and more! Simple download pdf file with counting to 30 games and you are ready to play this fun counting math game.
Count to 30 game
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low prep, fun number games for preschoolers and kindergartners! This counting to 30 games allows children to get a lot of practice counting to 10, teen numbers, counting to 20, and counting to 30. Students need the practice to gain fluency, going quickly and easily up to number thirty. This Counting Games for Preschoolers is a fun activity for school at home, math centers, preschools, summer learning, rainy days, or as an addition to an animal theme.
Printable number games
Counting Games for Preschoolers
Now print the pages in either color or black and white. You may want to print on cardstock or laminate for durability – especially if you are using this math game in a classroom.
You will print the following elements from the pack:
- Game board (enlarge if you prefer)
- 2 copies of each page of cards – cut along lines to separate the cards
- You will also need sevearl small objects for game pieces – plastic safari animals,math manipulatives, lego mini figures, buttons, etc.
Counting to 30 games
To play this counting to 30 game you will take the printed game pieces and place cards in one pile facing down off the game board.
The first player turns over the top card, places it on the sky, and then moves their game piece that many places on the gameboard. Now the second player takes their turn. The number activities for preschoolers continues until one player reaches 30. They do not need to turn the exact number to finish on 30.
HINT: You can remove the bigger number cards to make counting easier if necessary for toddlers, preschoolers, prek, and kindergartners.
You may need to explain that when jumping up a row they need to go back to the left. The board was created this way because research recommends this layout for giving kids a more solid sense of numbers.
Counting to 30 activities
Learning to count on, or count forward, is an important math skill for little ones to master. This number games for Kindergarten is a great tool. Here are some additional suggestions:
- Just learning to count?: Then ask your kids to count out the numbers on the cards as they move their game pieces.
- Getting familiar with numbers to 30?: Just counting the card numbers is too easy and will not do much to broaden their mathematical understanding. Ask your child to count on from the number on the board. For example, if they are on 16 and get ‘add 4,’ research says they’ll double their learning by saying “17, 18, 19, 20,” rather than “1, 2, 3, 4.” You may like to take out the bigger numbers to make this easier at the beginning.
- Getting familiar with numbers to 100?: If your child is ready for more you can download this free Race to 100 board game here.
- Wanting to read?: Encourage children to read the words on the cards as well as the numbers. Even if they just sound out the first letter. The pictures are good prompts! I hope your little ones enjoy this game and wish you happy teaching and learning!
Counting Activities for Kids
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Number Train Printable Math Activity for counting 1-20
- Plant a Number Line to 10
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Sunflower Seed Counting
- Counting to 100 games
- Skip Counting Chart
- Pizza Counting Game
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Bingo Dauber Printables
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Monster Counting with Google eyes
- Lego Numbers – Printable Duplo Mats to count and trace
- Are you My Mother? Matching Mom & Baby Farm Animals
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Zoo Animals Printable Number Sense Activitiy
- Nocturnal Animal Game for Kids
- Zoo Animal Reports
- Jello Animal Cell Project
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Silly Animals and their Habitats Activity
- Animal Habitats Worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Animal Cookie Matching Activity
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Life Cycle of Salmon Worksheets
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheets
- How to Hatch Butterflies with printable observation book
Number games printable
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.