Kids will have fun learning about biology with this fun hands-on science activity for learning about animal cells and human body cells too. This Jello Cell Model is fun for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 6th grade, junior high, and high school too! Food science projects always make science more fun!
Jello Cell Model
Science has become the most anticipated subject in our homeschool this year. And as a homeschool mom there isn’t much better than seeing your kids excited about learning! Since not all homeschoolers are very comfortable with or excited about Science (I have to admit that was me), I wanted to share some of the home school Science fun we’ve been having to inspire and encourage you! We’ve been making edible Jello Cell Model to learn about the cells in our body. This is such a fun hands on science activity for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, grade 6, jr high and senior high too!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun science activity for learning about cells.
Edible cell project jello
One of our favorite hands on Science activity so far has been making a jello animal cell. First we learned what cells do and their structure. Then we built a candy cell model with candy we had laying around. (Note: This is a great kids activity to use of the extra Halloween candy!)
Jello cell project
You can use any flavor Jell-O or candy for your animal cells project, but here is what we used and is pictured above.
- Cytoplasm – Green Jell-O
- Endoplasmic Reticulum – Licorice
- Vacuole – Whopper
- Lysosome – M&Ms
- Goigi Apparatus – Banana taffy
- Ribosomes – Sprinkles
- Mitochondrion – mini Tootsie Roll
- Nucleus – Pear & Jaw Breaker (a peach would work great, but we ate ours for snack instead)
We hope you enjoy this jello animal cell as much as we did!
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!