Help kids practice counting and number recognition with this free printable domino counting game. This counting game is such a fun, simple to set-up counting activity for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students to work on those tricky teen numbers! Simply print the domino printable and you are ready to play and learn with counting games for kindergarten.
This Domino Counting activity requires no prep! Pick which domino game you want to play and simply print the counting game below. Set the number grid out with domino pieces. This counting game for kindergarnters and preschoolers is simple, fun, and effective at helping kid practice counting to 20. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love the options to practice counting on your own or playing this counting activity with others.
Counting Games for Kindergarten
All you need for this game is the free printable (below) and a set of double 9 dominoes.
You can play this by your self by giving children this page and a pile of double 8 dominos. Kids will count the dots and put them on the correct spots to count to 18.
Learning Numbers for Kindergarten
If you prefer, you can play against others and see who can get 3-in-a-row or the whole card filled first.
To play this counting game with others, put a pile of double 9 dominos in the middle of the table face down. Each child will need a Counting sheet (in printable below).
The first player picks a domino, counts the dots, and places it on their sheet if they have the corresponding number. If not they return it to the pile facedown. Play continues until someone gets 3-in-a-row.
Hint: You can also play this with a memory twist by putting the dominos face down in the middle of the table in a grid. Then students can remember where already counted dominos are and pick them up for their turn.
Count to 20
Looking for more ways to work on counting those teen numbers while counting 1-20? Check out these fun and engaging counting activities!
- Spring Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Bug Counting Games for Kindergarten
- Spring Place Value Kindergarten Matching Game
- Monster Counting Mat 1-20
- Apple Counting Activity to Twenty
- Cute Penguin Printable Counting Clip Cards
- Gumball Counting Worksheet Activity
- Hands-on Domino Counting Game
- Counting Strawberry Activities
- Fruit Count to 20 Clip Cards
- Pet Counting Worksheets
- Spring Playdough Mats to work on counting
- Dump Truck Counting Playdough Mats 1-20
- Counting Activities with Gears
- Cute Playdough Corn Counting Activity
- FREE Pearl Counting to 20 Worksheets Activity
- Kids will love practicing counting with this fun, Goldfish Counting Activity.
Math Activities for Kindergarten
Looking for more early math activities to make learning to count, add, shapes, and more FUN? Check out these free resources:
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Blowing Bubble Math Worksheets
- Smores Free Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Estimation for Kindergarten Activity
- Snowball Sorting Odd and Even Math Activities
- Bug Measuring Kindergarten Worksheets
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Engaging, Reusable Kindergarten Math Worksheets pdf
Maths Worksheet for ukg
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Insect Telling Time Puzzle to the hour and half hour
- Free Printable Coin Worksheets – color by coin
- Cute Skip Counting Puzzles – huge pack of free skip counting games
- Tens and Ones Worksheets pdf for Kindergarters to practice place value
- Fun Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Geoboard Activities
- Watermelon Kindergarten Math Activities
- Months of the Year Activities – learning sequencing with craft sticks
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Addition Games
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft – free printable math craft to solve, cut, and paste
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!