This FREE Domino Counting Games is such a fun, simple to set-up counting game for preschool, kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade kids using dominos and this free printable.
UPDATED: Originally published on October 21, 2016.
Counting Activities for Kids
- Counting Apples Mini Book
- Sunflower Seed Counting Game
- Monster Google Eyes Counting Activity
- Spring Counting Cards
- Safari Counting to 30 Game
- Counting to 10 Pom Pom Cards
- Fingerprint Counting Activity
- Catch 20 Bugs Counting Game
These FREE Domino Counting Games activity requires no prep! Pick which game you want to play and simply print from the free download below and set out with dominos. It is simple, fun, and effective at helping kid practice counting to 20. I recommend this activity for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade.
Number Dominoes Printable
All you need for this game is the free printable (below) and a set of double 9 dominoes
You can play this by your self by giving children this page and a pile of double 8 dominos. Kids will count dots and put them on the correct spots to count to 18.
Printable Domino Cards for Math
Or, if you prefer, you can play against others and see who can get 3-in-a-row or the whole card filled first.
To play this counting game put a pile of double 9 dominos in the middle of the table face down. Each child will need a Counting sheet (in printable below).
The first player picks a domino, counts the dots, and places it on their sheet if they have the corresponding number. If not they return it to the pile facedown. Play continues until someone gets 3-in-a-row.
Hint: You can also play this with a memory twist by putting the dominos face down in the middle of the table in a grid. Then students can remember where already counted dominos are and pick them up for their turn.
Looking for more fun ways to practice counting? Kids will love these Free Monster Counting Mats to help preschoolers practice how to count to 20. Or play this fun Bugs Counting Game with a clever game piece you can make of yourself. Finally, kids will love practicing counting with this fun, Free Goldfish Counting Activity.
Download FREE Domino Counting Games
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!