These super cute, free printable counting wheels are a fun way for children to practice counting to 10! Each counting printable features a different number for counting 1 to 10. Toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids will count the bojects in each section and clip them if they belong. This is such a fun, LOW PREP, and hands-on counting activity! Simply print the counting to 10 activity and you are ready to play and learn!
Looking for a fun way to sneak in some counting and fine motor practice? These counting wheel clip cards are perfect. These are ideal for preschoolers and kindergarteners to practice their counting skills and fine motor skills. This is a fun and easy way to practice counting to 10. This a simple, low prep activity and only requires clothespins or circle counters to do the activity. This is an easy and fun way to sneak in some fine motor skills while practicing their counting.
Counting is a basic foundational math skill that every preschooler will learn. It is a very important math skill, since it sets the basics for number sense. Preschoolers will first learn counting to 10 before they can proceed onto their teen numbers. Ensuring good counting skills will help their addition and subtraction skills.
Counting 1 to 10
I love Count & Clip Cards. They’re easy to make (just print on card stock and laminate!), and they give fine motor practice right along with the math lesson. These wheel clip cards are a bit different to the normal clip cards, in the sense that they have more options to choose from and can have more than one correct answer.
Not only is this math activity for preschoolers and kindergartners but it is also a great way to practice counting to 10. You can make this activity SELF CHECKING too, by adding a dot behind the correct answers. If the learner has clipped the correct answer, then the dot will be covered. Your preschoolers will love this fun and hands-on activity.
These cards have a wide variety of counting clipart, making this all the more fun! Leaners will not get bored and will have fun counting all the different items on the cards.
Counting to 10 Activity
We choose to complete our activity with clothespins, but you could easily use one of the following materials to mark the correct spots as well:
- Pom poms
- Rainbow bears
- Translucent math tokens
- Dry Erase Markers (if laminated)
Counting activities for toddlers
The printable can be presented to your learners.
- Present 1 to 2 wheels at a time to the learner. There’s a bit of counting involved, so the learner might tire easily. Keep things simple to prevent overwhelming the learner.
- Ask your learner to tell the number that’s in the center of the card. Then ask them to start from one of the sides of the wheel, and count the number of items in that wheel. If it matches the number in the center, they can clip or cover that side.
- The learner will continue to move around the wheel, counting each side and clipping the correct sides that match the number in the center.
- For each wheel, three of the options should match the number in the center, while the other 3 are incorrect options.
- The learner can then continue working on the other wheels, as they slowly master their counting skills.
Preschool Counting Activity
If you would like to start with something simpler, learners can first practice on simple counting clip cards before moving on to the wheel counting clip cards.
Once learners become more familiar with their counting, they are then ready to start practicing their number sense skills. Check out these number sense wheel clip cards here, more FREE wheel clip card printables, or 2D Shapes, check out these FREE 2D Shape Printables.
Counting Activities for Kids
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Free Big or Small Worksheets
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Number Mazes – fun Number Activity for Preschoolers learning numbers 1-5
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Number Train Printable Math Activity for counting 1-20
- Plant a Number Line to 10
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Counting Activity
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Sunflower Seed Counting
- Counting to 100 games
- Skip Counting Chart
- Pizza Counting Game
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Bingo Dauber Printables
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Monster Counting with Google eyes
- Lego Numbers – Printable Duplo Mats to count and trace
Counting Activities for Kindergarten
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!