Help toddler, preschool, and kindergarten children practice counting from 1-12 with these Count and Match Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Activity
Looking for a fun toddler, preschool, prek, and kindergarten age kids to celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day on April 2nd? You will love these clever ideas:
- 20 Fun Ways to Celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day on April 2nd
- Puffy Paint Peanut Butter and Jelly Craft
- Alphabet Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
- Places Value Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
See more of our fun and FREE pre k worksheets!
Count and Match
Kids need lots of practice counting to gain fluency! This activity helps kids practice counting to 10 (or 12 if you like) and visual discrimination (meaning kids know what the number they just counted looks like. This is a fun, back to school themed math activity for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners.
Start out by printing the pages in color on cardstock or laminating for durability. Then cut out the math activities for preschoolers in boxes or along the bread lines, whatever you prefer. This is such a low prep preschool math activity!
Count to 10
Kids can complete this fun counting activity two different ways. First, they can do this counting games on their own by simply matching the correct jelly and peanut butter parts to make sandwiches. They do this by counting the number of peanuts and finding the jelly part that shows the number they just counted. Match all the parts.
Counting Games Number Games for Kids
Another option is to play a number memory game. This can be done on individually or with a friend. Preschoolers will put all the bread pieces upside down. On their turn they will turn over two pieces of bread. If they match (meaning they have a jelly number and peanut butter side with the corresponding number of peanuts) they get to keep the sandwich they made. If playing with a friend, if students make a match they get to go again. Continue playing until all the bread has been made into yummy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
This activity not only allows kids to work on counting and visual discrimination, but allows them to improve their memory too!
Interactive Number Line
These peanut butter and jelly counting cards can also be used to make a hands on number line. Have kids line up the peanut butter pieces in order from the slice that has the fewest peanuts to the one that has the most. The peanut butter side offers kids a good visual.
Now challenge students by having them put the jelly side in order from 1-10 or 1-12.
You can pull out certain numbers and ask them which number is missing too.
Looking for other fun, hands on and FREE preschool counting printables? You will love these:
- Finger Print Counting with free worksheets
- Number Practice 1-20
- Playdough PLAY mat with Numbers
- Goldfish Counting Bowls
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- LEGO Duplo Number Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 – kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with dot stickers
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Peanut Butter and Jelly Number Sandwiches
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!