Nothing says back to school, school lunches, or kid favorite food like peanut butter and jelly! This super cute peanut butter and jelly activity is a fun, hands-on math activity for preschool, pre-k, and kindegarten. This counting activity is a great way to practice counting from 1-12 while making PBJ sandwiches. Use this as a first week of school activity, for national peanut butter and jelly day on April 2nd, or in your peanut butter and jelly lesson plan kindergarten. Simply print, cut, and play the PBJ Peanut Butter and Jelly Count and Match game.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Activity
Kids of all ages are fans of PB & J sandwiches. This math activity for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and toddlers is a great way to sneak in some fun counting with a cute engaging theme. This low prep Peanut Butter and Jelly Count and Match activity is sure to be something your students want to do over and over again. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this preschool counting activities that has children make PB and J sadwiches by counting the peanuts and matching it with the jelly half showing the correct numeral. This peanut butter and jelly activity is fun for summer learning, back to school activity, extra practice, in your classroom as a math center, or any other way you’d like to sneak in an educational activity to make learning fun!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Lesson Plan Kindergarten
Kids need lots of practice counting to gain fluency! This activity helps kids practice counting to 10 (or 12 if you like) and visual discrimination (meaning kids know what the number they just counted looks like. This is a fun, back to school themed math activity for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners.
Preschool Counting Activities
Start out by printing the pages in color on cardstock or laminating for durability. Then cut out the math activities for preschoolers in boxes or along the bread lines, whatever you prefer. This is such a low prep preschool math activity!
Peanut Activities for Preschoolers
Kids can complete this fun counting activity two different ways. First, they can do this counting games on their own by simply matching the correct jelly and peanut butter parts to make sandwiches. They do this by counting peanuts and finding the jelly part that shows the number they just counted. Match all the parts.
Preschool Counting Activities
Another option is to play a number memory game. This can be done on individually or with a friend. Preschoolers will put all the bread pieces upside down. On their turn they will turn over two pieces of bread. If they match (meaning they have a jelly number and peanut butter side with the corresponding number of peanuts) they get to keep the sandwich they made. If playing with a friend, if students make a match they get to go again. Continue playing until all the bread has been made into yummy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
This activity not only allows kids to work on counting and visual discrimination, but allows them to improve their memory too!
Interactive Number Line
These peanut butter and jelly counting cards can also be used to make a hands on number line. Have kids line up the peanut butter pieces in order from the slice that has the fewest peanuts to the one that has the most. The peanut butter side offers kids a good visual.
Now challenge students by having them put the jelly side in order from 1-10 or 1-12.
You can pull out certain numbers and ask them which number is missing too.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Activity
Looking for a fun toddler, preschool, prek, and kindergarten age kids to celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day on April 2nd? You will love these clever ideas:
- 20 Activities and Peanut Butter Crafts to Celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
- Puffy Paint Jelly & Peanut Butter Craft
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches Matching Beginning Sounds Activity
- PB & J Preschool Counting Activities
- Clever Place Value Activity featuring kid favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Counting Activities 0-10
If you are looking for some more fun, engaging, hands-on, and free printable counting activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners – check out these great resources!
- 5 Little Monkeys Printable counting activity 1-5
- Counting Farm Animals – numbers 1 to 5
- Counting Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Caterpillar Numbers 1-10 Printable book to count, color, and trace
- Fingerprint Activity Worksheet
- Vegetables Counting From 1 to 10 clip cards (plus number words recognition too)
- Zoo Animals Counting Worksheet
- Firefly Free Printable Counting Worksheets
- Counting Apple Playdough Mats with ten frame (or this free printable apple counting book)
- Bowling Counting Activities for Preschoolers
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Camping math activities for preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats
- Butterfly Ten Frame math activities for preschool or these butterfly math worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Donut Printables Counting Playdough Mats (number names)
- Free Printable Numbers 1-10 for Preschoolers (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Plant a Number Line to 10 or practice counting with these bug worksheets preschool
- Fall Worksheets to work on counting with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten
- Counting Wheels 0-10 – Counting Activity Preschool
- Sunflower Sunflower seed counting activity (counting to 10)
- Ice Cream Counting Printable Scooping Numbers 1-10
- Lemonade Stand ten frame math worksheets with playdough or this ladybug counting activity
- Turkey Candy Corn Counting Worksheets (numbers 1-10)
- Pizza Counting Game or this Monster Teeth Playdough Mats
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards (1-12 Counting Goldfish Activity)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Counting Games for Preschoolers
Counting Activities 1-20
- Flower Tracing Numbers 1-10 pdf
- Lego Numbers Printables – brick duplo mats to count and trace
- Counting Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Free Dauber Printables
- Watermelon Printable Counting Activity
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Printable Teen Number Games
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- 1:1 Correspondence Pom Pom Counting Activity
- Bird One to One Correspondence Activity with free printable and jelly beans
- Counting Spaghetti and Meatballs Game
- Penguin Counting Worksheet
- Flower counting activity for preschool with circle stickers
- Free Watermelon Seed Counting Activity (Numbers 1-15)
- Counting practice with Strawberry activities for toddlers
- Monster Counting googly eyes printable (0-20)
- Cute Dump Truck Counting Mat (1-20)
- Flip-Flip Counting to 20 printable activity with stickers
- Corn-on-the-Cob Count to 20 Activity
- Pool Numbers Counting 1 to 20
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Kindergarten Teen Numbers Worksheets 11-20
- Summer Count to 20 Playdough Maths Activities (spring playdough mats)
- Handy Free Printable Number Puzzles 1-20
- Pearl Counting to 20 Worksheets
- Free Counting games for kindergarten 1-20
- Counting to 10 Little bo peep activities for preschool
- Monster Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Rocketship Number Recognition 11-20 Games
- Numbers 1 to 20 Worksheets (or if you are in fall try these numbers 11 to 20 worksheets)
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
Counting Activities 1-100
- Gumball Counting Activity with free printable template (1-30)
- Free Number Train Printable – practice counting to 20, 1-100, or skip counting
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Around the World Puzzles – Counting to 50 Activities
- Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers (counting to 30)
- Bee 1 to 50 Counting Game
- Zoo Animals Printable Number Sense Activity
- Roll to 100 free printable
- Construction Number Recognition Games 1-100
- Hands-on, free printable Domino math games kindergarten
- Flower Spring Number Puzzles
- Free printable Counting to 100 games
- Missing Number Worksheets 1-100
- Around the World Count to 100 Puzzles
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Number Sandwiches
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!