Kids will have fun practicing counting, number sense and number words one to twenty with these Free Printable Number Puzzles. This handy free math game works on numbers 1-20 to develop math fluency with preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Free Printable Number Puzzles
Kids need lots of practice with numbers to 20 to become fluent. Counting dots and associating them with a number involves learning number sense. In this pack of Free Printable Number Puzzles, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students will practice counting to 20, number words, and number sense for numbers 1 – 20.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this low prep math activity is a great way to practice numbers 1-10 or the tricky teen numbers! Use this as extra practice, math center in your classroom, or a handy supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Free number puzzles
Printable number puzzles
This number puzzle printable includes simple black and white puzzles to save on printer ink. Simply print them on cardstock to make them more durable.
HINT: To make these puzzles extra fun and engaging, print on colored cardstock!
Printable Number Puzzles for Kindergarten
Depending on the age and skill of your child, I suggest starting by only giving them number puzzles 1-10. They will put together the 3 part puzzles by counting the dots and matching the number counted to the written number. Then they will find the number word to add to the puzzle: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, and ten.
The next step is to add in the more challenging teen number puzzles so students are working on number puzzles 1-20. Children will again put the puzzles back together counting dots and identifying number words: eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, and twenty.
These free number puzzles are great for practicing counting and identifying number words!
- Spring Short I Puzzles
- Winter Rhyming Word Puzzles
- Gingerbread Math Puzzles
- Grinch Phonics Puzzles
- Spring Math Puzzles
- Crab Contraction Puzzles
- Alphabet Puzzles
- 2D and 3D Shape Puzzles
Counting Activities for Kids
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Pumpkin Math Kindergarten Addition Practice
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Fingerprint Activity Sheet
- Bowling Counting Cards
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Free Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Number Mats (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Free Printable Number Puzzles
- Number Train Printable Math Activity for counting 1-20
- Plant a Number Line to 10
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Sunflower Seed Counting
- Counting to 100 games
- Skip Counting Chart
- Pizza Counting Game
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards
- Counting Farm Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Bingo Dauber Printables
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Monster Counting with Google eyes
- Lego Numbers – Printable Duplo Mats to count and trace
Download FREE 1-20 Number Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers and coops please purchase a classroom licensed version from my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!