Kids will have fun practicing counting by 2s, 5s, 10s, and more with these fun, easy-to-make Skip Counting Lacing Plates. This skip counting activity is a fun math games for kids from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students. Use this skip counting games to practice counting in 2s, counting in 3s, counting in 4s, counting in 5s, counting in 6s, counting in 7s, counting in 8s, counting in 9s, counting in 10s, counting in 11s, counting in 12s, and more!
Skip Counting Lacing Plates
Skip counting or counting in multiples is a skill children need to learn early on. Combine it with lacing plates, and you have a fine motor skills activity to boot! This is a SELF CHECKING Skip Counting Lacing Plates! This skill sets the foundation for multiplication and quicker counting for elementary age kids. This skip counting activity is great for working on skip counting by 2, skip counting by 3, skip counting by 4, skip counting by 5, skip counting by 6, skip counting by 7, skip counting by 8, skip counting by 9, skip counting by 10, skip counting by 11, skip counting by 12, and more! This skip counting game is perfect for hands-on practice with kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this skip counting practice. Use it at home as extra practice or summer learning, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Skip counting activities
Make your own math lacing plates frugally with just a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- paper plates (I used small, green ones)
- a paper punch
- sharpie marker (to write the numbers on the front and make it self correcting on the back
- laces( I used the plastic kind, but one can use any, even yarn)
skip counting craft
The number of holes will depend on where you want your child to stop counting. I punched with 10 holes here:
skip counting game
Simply write the numbers randomly next to the holes:
skip counting craft ideas
Lace the plate correctly and then turn the plate around to mark off the lines. (Note that you will have to show the child the correct way of lacing: in-out-in-out…This could be a bit tricky for him/her at first)
This will serve as a self correcting tool!
hands on skip counting activities
I secured the end of the lace with tape as an indicator as to where to start. The last hole were marked with a circle:
teaching skip counting
That is it! Easy to make, and it could be adapted for younger children too. If your child cannot skip count yet, one could use this idea for counting in 1’s, or to match numbers and dots:
how to teach skip counting
A fun, frugal learning idea! I use these with my remedial therapy sessions with grade two’s:
skip counting games
This makes a good busy bag activity too, perfect to use while traveling.
Skip Counting Activities
Try these fun, skip counting activity ideas to make practicing counting by 2, counting by 3, counting by 5, and counting by 10 fun!
- Free Printable Skip Counting Puzzles 2s-10s or Famous Landmarks Skip Counting Puzzles, Where in the World Skip Counting Puzzles, Monster counting by 4s, Summer Skip Counting Puzzles, Winter Skip Counting puzzles, Thanksgiving counting puzzles, festive Christmas Skip Counting or Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles)
- Printable Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Dab the Turkey Math Counting by 10s
- Clip Cards: Counting by 2s and counting by 3s clip cards, bunny skip counting by 2 activity, Count by 3s Halloween math for kindergarten, penguin skip counting strips, animal Counting in 2s and 3s
- or holiday Kindergarten Christmas math activities
- Free Printable Smores Skip Counting Activities
- Printable Skip Counting Activities completing the Sundaes
- Skip Counting Lacing Plates Activity (self-checking)
- Oregon Trail Themed Skip Counting Game
- Hands-on skip counting activities with craft sticks – great visual!
- Pumpkin seed counting activity
- Free Printable Skip Counting Board Game
Skip Counting Worksheets
- Skip Counting Chart Worksheets 1s-15s
- How to teach skip counting with songs, activities, and a counting in 2s, 3s, and 5s game
- Skip count to complete the connect the dots constellations worksheet pdf
- Follow the Path Skip Counting Worksheets
- Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets
- Fun Skip Counting Mazes
- Holiday themed – Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets, Fall Math Worksheets to practice skip counting
- Vegetable Skip Counting Dot to Dot Worksheets
- Under the Sea Skip Counting Dot to Dot
- Free Skip Counting Visuals
- Skip Counting Worksheets – counting by 1s to 15s
- Free Printable Skip Counting Posters 1-12 or these skip counting printables posters 1-15s – fantastic visual for elementary age students