Kids will have fun practicing counting by 2s, 5s, 10s, and more with these fun, easy-to-make Skip Counting Lacing Plates. This skip counting activity is a fun math games for kids from kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students. Use this skip counting games to practice counting in 2s, counting in 3s, counting in 4s, counting in 5s, counting in 6s, counting in 7s, counting in 8s, counting in 9s, counting in 10s, counting in 11s, counting in 12s, and more!
Skip Counting Lacing Plates
Skip counting or counting in multiples is a skill children need to learn early on. Combine it with lacing plates, and you have a fine motor skills activity to boot! This is a SELF CHECKING Skip Counting Lacing Plates! This skill sets the foundation for multiplication and quicker counting for elementary age kids. This skip counting activity is great for working on skip counting by 2, skip counting by 3, skip counting by 4, skip counting by 5, skip counting by 6, skip counting by 7, skip counting by 8, skip counting by 9, skip counting by 10, skip counting by 11, skip counting by 12, and more! This skip counting game is perfect for hands-on practice with kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this skip counting practice. Use it at home as extra practice or summer learning, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Skip counting activities
Make your own math lacing plates frugally with just a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- paper plates (I used small, green ones)
- a paper punch
- sharpie marker (to write the numbers on the front and make it self correcting on the back
- laces( I used the plastic kind, but one can use any, even yarn)
skip counting craft
The number of holes will depend on where you want your child to stop counting. I punched with 10 holes here:
skip counting game
Simply write the numbers randomly next to the holes:
skip counting craft ideas
Lace the plate correctly and then turn the plate around to mark off the lines. (Note that you will have to show the child the correct way of lacing: in-out-in-out…This could be a bit tricky for him/her at first)
This will serve as a self correcting tool!
hands on skip counting activities
I secured the end of the lace with tape as an indicator as to where to start. The last hole were marked with a circle:
teaching skip counting
That is it! Easy to make, and it could be adapted for younger children too. If your child cannot skip count yet, one could use this idea for counting in 1’s, or to match numbers and dots:
how to teach skip counting
A fun, frugal learning idea! I use these with my remedial therapy sessions with grade two’s:
skip counting games
This makes a good busy bag activity too, perfect to use while traveling.
Skip Counting Activities
We have lots of fun skip counting activities and free worksheets for elementary age students!
- Free skip counting games, spring Skip Counting Games, printable skip counting mazes, Oregon Trail math game
- Skip Counting Worksheets 1s-15s, Polar Animals Skip Counting Worksheets, free skip counting dot to dot, fun connect the dots constellations worksheet pdf, follow the path skip counting printables, hundreds chart skip counting chart
- Skip counting charts 1-15, skip counting anchor chart, or these cute Skip Counting posters
- Kite skip counting craft, 50+ skip counting puzzles, ocean skip counting dot to dot
- Bunny skip counting printable clip cards, monster skip count by 4 clip cards, penguin skip counting strips, sundae skip counting activities for kindergarten, fairy tale counting in 2s
- Seasonal skip counting: christmas worksheets, free christmas skip counting puzzles, fun fall worksheets, easter math, pumpkin seed skip counting, turkey math, winter math skip counting puzzles
- Smores skip counting activities, hands-on skip counting ideas like self-checking lacing plates, world landmarks skip counting puzzles, number train skip counting activity, skip count star wars worksheets
Popular Science Activities
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children list below, plus don’t miss all our science for kids, types of free science lessons, or seasonal science experiments.
- Tons of Kindergarten science experiments by month
- Quick and EASY Lemon Volcano or 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water) or Magnet Experiments for Kids
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries or 24 Epic Solar system science projects
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density and Color-Changing Flowers
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments, Simple Galaxy science project, and Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane, Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project and Amazing POP rocks science experiment
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers, fun How to Make a Lava Lamp, 30 Simple machines science projects
- Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment, Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments or teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit, Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity , Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials, EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment, and Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Color Changing Slime or l-o-n-g colorful bubble snakes , neat burning candle experiment worksheet answers
- Human Heart for Kids, hands-on Human Body Project, LOTS of Life Cycles for Kids
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment, amazing Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make orthis cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Life Size Skeletal system science project, free parts of the brain worksheet and project, fun science experiments
- Hands-on Newton’s cradle project, DIY draw bot for kids to make, playdough human body game
- EASY Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle that will WOW and LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
awesome. I love the method…