Lots of free December Writing Prompts for kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade and more based on the popular Elf on the Shelf.
More FREE Christmas Printables!
- Christmas Around the World – free book & activities
- Polar Express Worksheets
- Christmas Stationary
- Christmas Coloring Sheets
- Grow a Candy Cane Printable Kit
- 12 Days of Christmas Coloring Sheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Printable Pack
FREE Christmas Elf Creative Writing
Keep kids Writing in December
It is so important for kids to be writing and reading all year long. With most kids taking off a good part of December, it is so important to give them fun writing opportunities to keep their skills fresh. Writing is like math, it requires daily practice to maintain for younger kids. I created these creative writing prompts to help make writing fun and easy to incorporate into your afterschool or homeschool.
Christmas Elf Creative Writing Prompts
My kids are really in to their Elf on the Shelf. I always try to tap into their interests when making homeschool assignments or designing my free printables.
There are 11 pages of Elf creative writing prompts for preschoool, kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students to use during the month of December. You will find sheets with some tracing elements, cursive, and lots of options including writing a newspaper article in The Daily Elf.
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, math games for kids, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers and coops please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!