Get ready for an EPIC month with these clever, fun, and unique February Activities for Kids. These february activities are pefect for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. We’ve included february activities for school age from Valentines Day activities, Groundhog Day activities, winter theme activities, presidents day activities, polar bear activites, and so many more!
Valentine’s Day is a very popular theme for this month’s activities, but there are lots of other fun things to do in February too. February themes often include Chinese New Year activities, Groundhog Day celebrations, arctic animal ideas and lots more to explore this month. SO we’ve made this list of the best february activities for kids! These february activities for elementary students are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
February activities for elementary students
You’ll find lots of activities for the month of february including: Valentines Day sensory play ideas, Valentines science experiments, Valentines STEM activities, recipes to make with the kids, printable activities, and more hands on learning activities to try with your kids during February. SO whether you are looking for february activities for preschoolers, kids activities for february, or kids activities for February – we’ve go you covered!
Valentine’s Day Activities
- Valentines Day Fluffy Slime from Natural Beach Living. There is a free printable Valentines label to go with this super cool
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt from Play Party Plan. This fun scavenger hunt will get the kids moving!
- Kids will have fun making these valentines for their friends: Heart Cactus, Heart Fish, or Looking Sharp Pencil Craft.
- Valentines Day Busy Bag Sorting Hearts from Best Toys 4 Toddlers. This is fun learning activity is easy to set up using supplies you probably already have at home.
- Glitter Jar of Floating Hearts from Fun A Day. These sensory bottles are so pretty and soothing to look at.
- Valentine Pom Pom Mats from Fun With Mama. What a fun fine motor activity to try!
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiments from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. Kids will be amazed at this simple and amazing Valentines Day science experiment for kids of all ages.
- Love Bug Playdough fromPicklebums. Make one of these cute little love bugs for Valentine’s Day.
- Homemade Valentines Gum Drop Recipe from Thrifty Jinx. Make your own Valentine’s candy!
- Interlocking Crystal Hearts from Go Science Kids.This easy science experiment has gorgeous results that you can wear as a necklace!
- Valentines Day Snap Cube Printables from Preschool Play and Learn – Kids will have fun strengthening hand muscles while working on logic and spacial reasoning with these free printable task cards.
Chinese New Year Activities
- Chinese New Year Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands. This bright red and sparkly gold slime looks so cool!
- Chinese New Year I Spy Game from Simple Fun for Kids. These fun free printable activity will keep the kids busy finding all the cute pictures.
- Playdough Inspired By Chinese New Year from Laughing Kids Learn. This is a great way for little ones to enjoy a Chinese New Year themed activity.
- Learn to Count to Ten in Chinese from NurtureStore. This is a great way to expose kids to a different language and culture.
- Chinese New Year Sensory Bin from Gifts of Curiosity.This sensory bin is so bright and colourful!
- Fact Book about China from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This free printable is a fun way for kids to learn more about China as they celebrate.
Groundhog Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Groundhog Day Shape Activity from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. This fun free printable activity is a great way to learn about shapes.
- Groundhog Day Snack Idea from The Best Ideas for Kids. This snack is almost too cute to eat!
- Ground Hog Day Count to 100 from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. This free pritnable puzzles are a fun way for kids to practice counting.
- Groundhog Day Free Printable Word Search from Jinxy Kids.This fun word search has lots of Groundhog Day related words to find.
- Groundhog Color by Sight Word Coloring Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This is such a fun way for kids to practice key sight word with a fun theme.
- Groundhog Day Matching Game from Simple Fun for Kids This free printable game has the cutest little groundhogs to match!
- Groundhog Day Shadow Tracing from How Wee Learn.There is so much learning going on during this simple activity.
- Groundhog Day Pancakes from The Joys of Boys. How cute is this simple pancake idea!
Arctic Activities for Preschoolers
- How do Arctic Animals Stay Warm in Icy Water? from I Can Teach My Child. This is a very cool hands on science activity!
- Arctic Themed Playdough Activity from The Art Kit. The snowy white play dough and simple accessories make this a fun invitation to play.
- Antarctica Snow Dough from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This amazing 2 ingredient play recipe allows kids to build with a snow like material that even feels cold!
- Polar Animal Habitat Imaginative Play from Picklebums. Make an icey world for all the polar animals to live in.
- Polar Bear Oreos from In the Kids Kitchen. Make these deliciously adorable polar bear cookies with your kids.
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game. This is such a fun way for kids to practice stight words with a fun winter theme.
- Free Polar Bear Alphabet Matching from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. These cute free printable is a great way to work on letter skills.
- Arctic Animals Printable Pack. Kids will have fun learning math and literacy skills with a fun themed activity.
- Arctic Snow Dough Small World from Crayon Box Chronicles. This small world setup is full of polar animals and looks so inviting.
February activities for preschoolers
Check out these fun February activities:
- President’s Day Word Search from Crayons and Cravings. Download this free printable word search for a fun President’s Day activity.
- Presidents Day Printable Mini Unit. Kids will have fun learning a variety of things about American History with this fun pritnable unit for President’s Day
- Presidents Day Spelling Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This activity is a fun way for kids to practice making words.
- Presidents Day Emergent Reader from A Dab of Glue Will Do. This is a great printable resource for beginning readers.
- Presidents Day Coloring Sheets. These simple coloring pages are a great way to introduce kids to major figures from American history.
- Learn about American Presidents with these free printable Presidents Coloring Pages
- Presidents Ideas for Kids
- Snow Storm in a Bag from JDaniel4’s Mom. This is such a simple get clever idea!
- Winter Icicle Activity for kids to work on fine motor skills.
- Borax Crystal Icicles from Happy Hooligans. If you don’t have real icicles outside, make some of these!
- Winter Color by Number Worksheets. Kids will have fun working on number recognition with these fun-to-color coloring pages for yougn learners.
- Winter Fine Motor Play with Styrofoam Snowballs from Fun A Day. What a fun way to give those hand muscles a workout!
- Snowflake Crafts from A to Z. So many clever snowflakes for kids
- Snowman Sensory Squish Bag from Fantastic Fun and Learning.What a great idea for no-mess sensory play.
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment. Kids will have fun with this simple, amazing science experiments.
Valentines Day Printables
- Valentines Day Activities for Kindergarten – “mail” upper and lowercase matching letters
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets cookie jars, ABC Hole Punch Valentines activities for kindergarten, H is for Heart letter h worksheets
- ABC Valentine Worksheets for Preschool and kindergarten – letter alphabet book, Alphabet Valentine Preschool Worksheets – heart cookies, cute Valentine Roll and Cover Printable for preschoolers, and Valentines Alphabet game – letter heart puzzles
- Grab some converstion hearts with our free printable alphabet Valentines Day activities for preschoolers, counting to 20 Valentines Day Worksheets, or Valentines Day Math Activities -fractions/graphing/more, Free Snap Cubes Template cards for valenties day
- Lock and Key valentines activities for kids working on color recognition and Valentine matching game printable to work on number sense, Valentines Day Math word problems
- Count to 20 valentine math activities for preschoolers Clip Cards, Valentines Day Math Clip Cards numbers 11-20, chocolate shape Preschool valentine games, and Count to 10 Valentine math activities for preschoolers, Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities, and Valentines Day Math heart multiplication activity to practicing multiplying by 2s-12s with a self-checking activity for February
- Heart CVC Words Valentine activities for kindergarten and sight word Valentines Day Game
- Printable Valentines Day Counting Cards, free Valentines Day – Greather Than, and counting to 20 mail in this February activities for preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – free printable valentine activities for preschoolers to cut and paste
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day, I spy Valentine Worksheet, free Pencil Valentine Printable, Hugs and Kisses Tic-tac-toe Preschool Valentine, free Valentine coloring pages for preschool, printable Valentines Day Pre-Writing Worksheets
- Sunday school valentine crafts about the ten commandments and simple Valentines day coloring pages pdf
- Grab these super cute valentine’s day coupons for your spouds or kids!
- Our kids favorite tradition! Grab these FREE printable Valentine Hearts on Bedroom Door to leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
Valentines Day Activities
- Have a blast with this outrageously fun Oobleck valentines day activitiies for preschoolers or this red valentines day oobleck version
- Free Valentines Day Printables with Stem challenges using Lego bricks or straw Valentine STEM activities
- Shimmery pink Slime Valentines recipe, purple Slime Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers, or Red Hot Valentines Slime recipe for kids
- EASY baloon Science Valentines, Fizzy Love Potion Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Fun density jar Valentines Day Science Experiment (honey, corn syrup, maple syrup, hand soap, water, vegetable oil)or try this density valentines day science (corn syrup, whole milk, lavender dish soap, water, baby oil, rubbing alcohol)
- Quick and easy, February Fizzy Hearts Science Experiment, make salt crystal hearts Valentines Day Experiment, simple balloon static electricity experiments for kids
- Valentines Day Science with Magic Milk, Love Potion #9 Valentines Day activities for preschoolers, and Skittle Heart Science valentines day activities for toddlers
- 25 Epic Valentines Day Science Experiments for kids, Valentines Day Crafts for Kids, fun February Activities and 30 Fabulous February Crafts for kids of all ages
- Beautiful Matisse heart Valentines Art Projects, fingerprint heart tree Valentine art and craft ideas for preschoolers, bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft, and Valentine Cookie Bath for Kids
- Heart Sticker Valentine projects for toddlers, simple Valentines Day Countdown, heart Mobile Valentine’s day craft ideas, and simple Salt Painting Valentines Day activities for preschoolers with free templates
great activities, thank you very much. i love your work. I use them everyday in my classroom. Keep up the good work. I wish you all the best. Andri