Get ready for an EPIC month with these clever, fun, and unique February Activities for Kids. These february activities are pefect for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. We’ve included february activities for school age from Valentines Day activities, Groundhog Day activities, winter theme activities, presidents day activities, polar bear activites, and so many more!
Valentine’s Day is a very popular theme for this month’s activities, but there are lots of other fun things to do in February too. February themes often include Chinese New Year activities, Groundhog Day celebrations, arctic animal ideas and lots more to explore this month. SO we’ve made this list of the best february activities for kids! These february activities for elementary students are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
February activities for elementary students
You’ll find lots of activities for the month of february including: Valentines Day sensory play ideas, Valentines science experiments, Valentines STEM activities, recipes to make with the kids, printable activities, and more hands on learning activities to try with your kids during February. SO whether you are looking for february activities for preschoolers, kids activities for february, or kids activities for February – we’ve go you covered!
Valentine’s Day Activities
- Valentines Day Fluffy Slime from Natural Beach Living. There is a free printable Valentines label to go with this super cool
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt from Play Party Plan. This fun scavenger hunt will get the kids moving!
- Kids will have fun making these valentines for their friends: Heart Cactus, Heart Fish, or Looking Sharp Pencil Craft.
- Valentines Day Busy Bag Sorting Hearts from Best Toys 4 Toddlers. This is fun learning activity is easy to set up using supplies you probably already have at home.
- Glitter Jar of Floating Hearts from Fun A Day. These sensory bottles are so pretty and soothing to look at.
- Valentine Pom Pom Mats from Fun With Mama. What a fun fine motor activity to try!
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiments from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. Kids will be amazed at this simple and amazing Valentines Day science experiment for kids of all ages.
- Love Bug Playdough fromPicklebums. Make one of these cute little love bugs for Valentine’s Day.
- Homemade Valentines Gum Drop Recipe from Thrifty Jinx. Make your own Valentine’s candy!
- Interlocking Crystal Hearts from Go Science Kids.This easy science experiment has gorgeous results that you can wear as a necklace!
- Valentines Day Snap Cube Printables from Preschool Play and Learn – Kids will have fun strengthening hand muscles while working on logic and spacial reasoning with these free printable task cards.
Chinese New Year Activities
- Chinese New Year Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands. This bright red and sparkly gold slime looks so cool!
- Chinese New Year I Spy Game from Simple Fun for Kids. These fun free printable activity will keep the kids busy finding all the cute pictures.
- Playdough Inspired By Chinese New Year from Laughing Kids Learn. This is a great way for little ones to enjoy a Chinese New Year themed activity.
- Learn to Count to Ten in Chinese from NurtureStore. This is a great way to expose kids to a different language and culture.
- Chinese New Year Sensory Bin from Gifts of Curiosity.This sensory bin is so bright and colourful!
- Fact Book about China from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This free printable is a fun way for kids to learn more about China as they celebrate.
Groundhog Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Groundhog Day Shape Activity from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. This fun free printable activity is a great way to learn about shapes.
- Groundhog Day Snack Idea from The Best Ideas for Kids. This snack is almost too cute to eat!
- Ground Hog Day Count to 100 from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. This free pritnable puzzles are a fun way for kids to practice counting.
- Groundhog Day Free Printable Word Search from Jinxy Kids.This fun word search has lots of Groundhog Day related words to find.
- Groundhog Color by Sight Word Coloring Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This is such a fun way for kids to practice key sight word with a fun theme.
- Groundhog Day Matching Game from Simple Fun for Kids This free printable game has the cutest little groundhogs to match!
- Groundhog Day Shadow Tracing from How Wee Learn.There is so much learning going on during this simple activity.
- Groundhog Day Pancakes from The Joys of Boys. How cute is this simple pancake idea!
Arctic Activities for Preschoolers
- How do Arctic Animals Stay Warm in Icy Water? from I Can Teach My Child. This is a very cool hands on science activity!
- Arctic Themed Playdough Activity from The Art Kit. The snowy white play dough and simple accessories make this a fun invitation to play.
- Antarctica Snow Dough from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This amazing 2 ingredient play recipe allows kids to build with a snow like material that even feels cold!
- Polar Animal Habitat Imaginative Play from Picklebums. Make an icey world for all the polar animals to live in.
- Polar Bear Oreos from In the Kids Kitchen. Make these deliciously adorable polar bear cookies with your kids.
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game. This is such a fun way for kids to practice stight words with a fun winter theme.
- Free Polar Bear Alphabet Matching from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. These cute free printable is a great way to work on letter skills.
- Arctic Animals Printable Pack. Kids will have fun learning math and literacy skills with a fun themed activity.
- Arctic Snow Dough Small World from Crayon Box Chronicles. This small world setup is full of polar animals and looks so inviting.
February activities for preschoolers
Check out these fun February activities:
- President’s Day Word Search from Crayons and Cravings. Download this free printable word search for a fun President’s Day activity.
- Presidents Day Printable Mini Unit. Kids will have fun learning a variety of things about American History with this fun pritnable unit for President’s Day
- Presidents Day Spelling Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This activity is a fun way for kids to practice making words.
- Presidents Day Emergent Reader from A Dab of Glue Will Do. This is a great printable resource for beginning readers.
- Presidents Day Coloring Sheets. These simple coloring pages are a great way to introduce kids to major figures from American history.
- Learn about American Presidents with these free printable Presidents Coloring Pages
- Presidents Ideas for Kids
- Snow Storm in a Bag from JDaniel4’s Mom. This is such a simple get clever idea!
- Winter Icicle Activity for kids to work on fine motor skills.
- Borax Crystal Icicles from Happy Hooligans. If you don’t have real icicles outside, make some of these!
- Winter Color by Number Worksheets. Kids will have fun working on number recognition with these fun-to-color coloring pages for yougn learners.
- Winter Fine Motor Play with Styrofoam Snowballs from Fun A Day. What a fun way to give those hand muscles a workout!
- Snowflake Crafts from A to Z. So many clever snowflakes for kids
- Snowman Sensory Squish Bag from Fantastic Fun and Learning.What a great idea for no-mess sensory play.
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment. Kids will have fun with this simple, amazing science experiments.
Valentines Day Language Arts
- Chocolate Sight Words Valentine’s day activities for preschoolers – matching activity to practice identifying and reading key sight words.
- Parts of Speech Valentines Day Activities – perfect for February, this valentines day activity is a great way for kids to practice sorting noun, verb, and adjective Valentines.
- Rhyming Valentines day worksheets to cut and paste and practice identifying rhyming words
- Heart CVC Words Valentine activities for kindergarten– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Color by Sight Word Valentine Worksheets – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Valentines Day Sight Words Mats – super cute, low prep activity for practicing bulding sight words
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines day activities for kindergarten
- Valentine’s day spelling – this is such a fun spelling activity for Valentines day with kids of all ages
- LlamaValentines Writing free printable stationary to work on writing skills in February.
- Short i words heart mats to help kids practice short i words
- Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar – give kids ideas to encourage lots of writing practice with this free printable
- Pre-writing Valentine Worksheets for preschool
- February Writing Prompts – print off these writing prompts that containt different sized lines for K-4th graders
Valentines Day Math
- Valentines Day Math Activities – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut-and-paste February math craft
- Free Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Valentine math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Measurement Valentines Day math worksheets for helping upper elementary age kids with learning about measurements
- Valentines Roll and Cover math activity for working on number sense
- Happy Valentines Day Mouse Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Math
- Color by odd and even numbers Valentines Day Math Worksheets
- Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Color by Number Worksheets for Febuary
- Fun Valentines Day Math working on estimating with kids
- Valentines Day Worksheets learning about symmetry with drawing prompts.
- Heart Penguin Skip Counting Strips – simple Valentine math for kindergartners
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Love Monster Ten Frame Valentines Day Math Activities
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s day worksheets for preschoolers!
Valentines Day Science
- These super cute and EASY Science Valentines use science to blow up a balloon to reveal a hidden message
- Simply science fun Fizzy Love Potion Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Kids will be amazed with this fun density jar Valentines Day Science Experiment (honey, corn syrup, maple syrup, hand soap, water, vegetable oil)or try this density valentines day science (corn syrup, whole milk, lavender dish soap, water, baby oil, rubbing alcohol)
- Quick and easy, February Fizzy Hearts Science Experiment
- Valentines Day Experiment making slt crystal hearts in February
- Simple Dancing Hearts Experiment – Valentines day activities for preschoolers and kids of all ages!
- February themed, Simple balloon static electricity experiments for kids
- Valentines Day Science with Magic Milk activity
- Love Potion #9 Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
- Simple Oil and Water Valentines Day Science for kids
- Skittle Heart Science valentines day activities for toddlers
- 25 Epic Valentines Day Science Experiments for kids
February activities for kids
Looking for more february activities for toddlers? You will love these printable ideas:
- Cactus valentine craft – free printable valentine activities for preschoolers to cut and paste
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- I spy Valentine Worksheet – this is a fun valentines day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Hugs and Kisses Tic-tac-toe Preschool Valentine
- Valentine coloring pages for preschool – kids will have fun improving coordination and strengthning fine motor skills with these pre writing pages.
- Free Valentines Day Pre-Writing Worksheets – fun way for kids to strenthen hand muscles and cordination with a fun February theme.
- Sunday school valentine crafts – perfect February craft for students learning about the ten commandments
- Simple, Free Valentines day coloring pages pdf – simple coloring pages perfect for toddler, preschool, and kindergartners
- Plus don’t forget to grab these valentine books for preschool or take a peak at our Preschool Valentine Ideas or our Valentines Day Theme for Elementary age students.