Get ready for an EPIC month with these clever, fun, and unique February Activities for Kids. These february activities are pefect for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. We’ve included february activities for school age from Valentines Day activities, Groundhog Day activities, winter theme activities, presidents day activities, polar bear activites, and so many more!
February Activities for Kids
Valentine’s Day is a very popular theme for this month’s activities, but there are lots of other fun things to do in February too. February themes often include Chinese New Year activities, Groundhog Day celebrations, arctic animal ideas and lots more to explore this month. SO we’ve made this list of the best february activities for kids! These february activities for elementary students are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
You’ll find lots of Valentines Day sensory play ideas, Valentines science experiments, Valentines STEM activities, recipes to make with the kids, printable activities, and more hands on learning activities to try with your kids during February. SO whether you are looking for february activities for preschoolers, kids activities for february, or kids activities for February – we’ve go you covered!
Valentine’s Day Activities
- Valentines Day Fluffy Slime from Natural Beach Living. There is a free printable Valentines label to go with this super cool
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt from Play Party Plan. This fun scavenger hunt will get the kids moving!
- Kids will have fun making these valentines for their friends: Heart Cactus, Heart Fish, or Looking Sharp Pencil Craft.
- Valentines Day Busy Bag Sorting Hearts from Best Toys 4 Toddlers. This is fun learning activity is easy to set up using supplies you probably already have at home.
- Glitter Jar of Floating Hearts from Fun A Day. These sensory bottles are so pretty and soothing to look at.
- Valentine Pom Pom Mats from Fun With Mama. What a fun fine motor activity to try!
- Dancing Hearts Science Experiments from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. Kids will be amazed at this simple and amazing Valentines Day science experiment for kids of all ages.
- Love Bug Playdough fromPicklebums. Make one of these cute little love bugs for Valentine’s Day.
- Homemade Valentines Gum Drop Recipe from Thrifty Jinx. Make your own Valentine’s candy!
- Interlocking Crystal Hearts from Go Science Kids.This easy science experiment has gorgeous results that you can wear as a necklace!
- Valentines Day Snap Cube Printables from Preschool Play and Learn – Kids will have fun strengthening hand muscles while working on logic and spacial reasoning with these free printable task cards.
Chinese New Year Activities
- Chinese New Year Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands. This bright red and sparkly gold slime looks so cool!
- Chinese New Year I Spy Game from Simple Fun for Kids. These fun free printable activity will keep the kids busy finding all the cute pictures.
- Playdough Inspired By Chinese New Year from Laughing Kids Learn. This is a great way for little ones to enjoy a Chinese New Year themed activity.
- Learn to Count to Ten in Chinese from NurtureStore. This is a great way to expose kids to a different language and culture.
- Chinese New Year Sensory Bin from Gifts of Curiosity.This sensory bin is so bright and colourful!
- Fact Book about China from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This free printable is a fun way for kids to learn more about China as they celebrate.
Groundhog Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Groundhog Day Shape Activity from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. This fun free printable activity is a great way to learn about shapes.
- Groundhog Day Snack Idea from The Best Ideas for Kids. This snack is almost too cute to eat!
- Ground Hog Day Count to 100 from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. This free pritnable puzzles are a fun way for kids to practice counting.
- Groundhog Day Free Printable Word Search from Jinxy Kids.This fun word search has lots of Groundhog Day related words to find.
- Groundhog Color by Sight Word Coloring Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This is such a fun way for kids to practice key sight word with a fun theme.
- Groundhog Day Matching Game from Simple Fun for Kids This free printable game has the cutest little groundhogs to match!
- Groundhog Day Shadow Tracing from How Wee Learn.There is so much learning going on during this simple activity.
- Groundhog Day Pancakes from The Joys of Boys. How cute is this simple pancake idea!
Arctic Activities for Preschoolers
- How do Arctic Animals Stay Warm in Icy Water? from I Can Teach My Child. This is a very cool hands on science activity!
- Arctic Themed Playdough Activity from The Art Kit. The snowy white play dough and simple accessories make this a fun invitation to play.
- Antarctica Snow Dough from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This amazing 2 ingredient play recipe allows kids to build with a snow like material that even feels cold!
- Polar Animal Habitat Imaginative Play from Picklebums. Make an icey world for all the polar animals to live in.
- Polar Bear Oreos from In the Kids Kitchen. Make these deliciously adorable polar bear cookies with your kids.
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game. This is such a fun way for kids to practice stight words with a fun winter theme.
- Free Polar Bear Alphabet Matching from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. These cute free printable is a great way to work on letter skills.
- Arctic Animals Printable Pack. Kids will have fun learning math and literacy skills with a fun themed activity.
- Arctic Snow Dough Small World from Crayon Box Chronicles. This small world setup is full of polar animals and looks so inviting.
February Activities for Kids
- President’s Day Word Search from Crayons and Cravings. Download this free printable word search for a fun President’s Day activity.
- Presidents Day Printable Mini Unit. Kids will have fun learning a variety of things about American History with this fun pritnable unit for President’s Day
- Presidents Day Spelling Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This activity is a fun way for kids to practice making words.
- Presidents Day Emergent Reader from A Dab of Glue Will Do. This is a great printable resource for beginning readers.
- Presidents Day Coloring Sheets. These simple coloring pages are a great way to introduce kids to major figures from American history.
- Learn about American Presidents with these free printable Presidents Coloring Pages
- Presidents Ideas for Kids
- Snow Storm in a Bag from JDaniel4’s Mom. This is such a simple get clever idea!
- Winter Icicle Activity for kids to work on fine motor skills.
- Borax Crystal Icicles from Happy Hooligans. If you don’t have real icicles outside, make some of these!
- Winter Color by Number Worksheets. Kids will have fun working on number recognition with these fun-to-color coloring pages for yougn learners.
- Winter Fine Motor Play with Styrofoam Snowballs from Fun A Day. What a fun way to give those hand muscles a workout!
- Snowflake Crafts from A to Z. So many clever snowflakes for kids
- Snowman Sensory Squish Bag from Fantastic Fun and Learning.What a great idea for no-mess sensory play.
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment. Kids will have fun with this simple, amazing science experiments.
If you’ve got arty kids and you’d like some more ideas to keep them busy this month, then try these February themed art and craft ideas for kids. Plus don’t miss this FREE February Stories for Kids printable calendar with daily activities based on a featured book and special days throughout the month.
There is more than enough ideas on this list of February Activity for Kids to try something new every day this month, even with the extra leap day!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentines Day Tracing Pages – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids