Kids will love making this super cute Raining Heart cloud mobile craft in February. This valentines day craft for preschoolers is such a unique, clever heart craft for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. With just a couple simple materials you are ready to create a fun heart craft as a valentine activities for preschoolers.
Valentines crafts for kids
When Valentine’s Day is near, we get a little obsessed with hearts. My kids would decorate with nothing but hearts in February if they had their way. While I love Valentine’s Day treat holders and candy, I also don’t want to overwhelm my kids with candy. This fun raining hearts cloud mobile is the perfect Valentines crafts for kids to celebrate love and hearts, but it has nothing to do with candy at all. You CAN be festive and loving in February without candy! My kids hung this craft for valentines day mobile in their room and have declared they will keep it there all year long. This is the perfect valentine activities for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to celebrate Valentines day.
Valentines day craft for preschoolers
You need just a few things to make your raining hearts cloud mobile:
- Red construction paper (or red card stock paper)
- Cotton balls
- Glue (school glue will work best)
Preschool valentine crafts
The first step in this craft is to build your cloud. Start by gluing a loop of string to one cotton ball. This will be the top of your cloud and where you will hang it from when it is finished.
Keep gluing more cotton balls to the first one to create a cloud shape. Our cloud used about 20 cotton balls. Set the cloud aside until it dries.
Valentine activities for preschoolers
While the cloud is drying, trace the outline of a variety of different-sized hearts on a sheet of red paper. We used six hearts for our cloud. Cut out the hearts.
Cut a random length of string for each heart that you have. You want the hearts to hang at varying levels, so make sure you have some longer and some shorter strings. Glue the end of the string to the back of each heart.
Heart shape activities for preschoolers
When the glue is dry, glue the top of the strings to the bottom of the cloud. Keep it random for best results. Set aside to dry.
When the glue is completely dry, hang the raining hearts cloud mobile from a window, door knob, doorway, or anywhere else you like.
The heart mobile is so festive and the perfect thing to chase away those winter blues and celebrate Valentine’s Day!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
Valentines Day Math
Looking for some fun valentines day math activities, free Valentines day worksheets, and other ideas to learn in February – check these out!
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentines Fractions Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids