This super cute and simple Valentines Day Science Experiment is sure to impress your kids. Leave your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders a secret message to be revlealed in the valentines day activity. This valentines day science idea is outrageously fun and EASY to try this February!
Valentines Day Science
My kids love balloon experiments. This super easy science experiment is perfect for celebrating Valentines Day with kids. It is quick to prepare and allows you to send secret messages to children using a balloon and simple valentines day science. This valentines science experiment is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. You can attach a balloon to your homemade valentines day card and instructions on how to reveal the hidden message in this valentines day activity. Parents, teachers, and homeschoolers will all enjoy this science activity perfect for February.
Valentines Day Science Experiment
For this simple valentines day activities you only need the following simple materials you may already have on hand:
- empty bottles (water, soda, etc.)
- balloons in valentines day colors (Red, pink, white, purple, etc)
- alka seltzer tablets
Start out by blowing up the balloon and hold closed or use a clothespin or chip clip to make sure the air doesn’t esscape. Use a sharpie to write a secret message. Some examples of a secret message you can write are:
- I love you
- be mine
- True Love
- etc – pretty much any message you want or read conversation hearts for ideas!
Let the air out of the balloon. You can now use these balloons in a science experiment, put them in a homemade valentine cards, or set them on your child’s plate for a fun surprise on Valentine’s Day.
Inside each balloon put an alka seltzer tablet. HINT: You may need to break art the tablet to get it to fit – don’t worry it will still work just fine!
Now is a great time to ask students what they think will happen. We like to use these scientific method worksheets to encourage kids to think scientifically about the experiment – make a hypothesis, write down their procedure, and record their observations.
Valentine science experiments
Fill up a clean bottle 5/6 of the way up with water. We added food coloring to add to the excitement of this activity and asthetics, but it is not necessary! When you are ready to reveal the message with a fun valentine science experiment, put a balloon over the opening of the bottle (so it fits tighly). Now the balloon straight up so all the alkazeltzer falls into the bottle, let go, and watch what happens!
Valentines Day Activity
A chemical reaction is taking place as the alka seltzer tablets hit the water, carbon dioxide is released. The air needs to go somewhere so it will push out towards the balloons and fill them up – inflating the balloons.
Valentines Day Activities
Kids of all ages will be impressedas they watch the balloons fill up like magic, all on their own. Explain to them how the chemical reaction in this chemisty science experiment for kids has made the balloons swell up with air – carbon dioxide.
Kids will be excited to see the secret messages appear with notes that may include their names, be mine, i love you , hugs and kisses, XOXO, etc. This is such a simple and fun heart science experiment everyone should try!
Valentines day science
- Love Potion – Valentines Day Science
- Oobleck Valentines Day Activity for Kids.
- Glittery Purple Valentine Slime
- Love Potion #9 Valentine’s Day Science Activity
- Valentines Day Slime
- Valentines Day Magic Milk Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Layered Liquids Density Experiments for Valentines Day
- Salt Painting Valentines Day Activity
- Skittles Valentines Day Science Activities
- EASY Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
- Practice shapes with this hands-on Valentines Day STEM Activities
- Density for Kids Science Experiment for Valentines Day
- Fizzy Heart Science Project – Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- Oil and Water Valentines Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Conversation Heart Ooblek – FUN Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Super cute Valentines Day Activity sorting mail by parts of speach!
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
Valentines Day Math
Looking for some fun valentines day math activities, free Valentines day worksheets, and other ideas to learn in February – check these out!
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentines Fractions Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Looking for some cute and FREE printable valentines to share with your friends? Check out these homemade valentines for kids:
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Valentine Cards
- Pencil Valentine Printable
- Happy Slime-tines – Free Printable Valentines Day Cards