This super cute and simple Valentines Day Science Experiment is sure to impress your kids. Leave your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders a secret message to be revlealed in the valentines day activity. This valentines day science idea is outrageously fun and EASY to try this February!
Valentines Day Science
My kids love balloon experiments. This super easy science experiment is perfect for celebrating Valentines Day with kids. It is quick to prepare and allows you to send secret messages to children using a balloon and simple valentines day science. This valentines science experiment is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. You can attach a balloon to your homemade valentines day card and instructions on how to reveal the hidden message in this valentines day activity. Parents, teachers, and homeschoolers will all enjoy this science activity perfect for February.
Valentines Day Science Experiment
For this simple valentines day activities you only need the following simple materials you may already have on hand:
- empty bottles (water, soda, etc.)
- balloons in valentines day colors (Red, pink, white, purple, etc)
- alka seltzer tablets
Valentine Activities for Kids
Start out by blowing up the balloon and hold closed or use a clothespin or chip clip to make sure the air doesn’t esscape. Use a sharpie to write a secret message. Some examples of a secret message you can write are:
- I love you
- be mine
- True Love
- etc – pretty much any message you want or read conversation hearts for ideas!
Let the air out of the balloon. You can now use these balloons in a science experiment, put them in a homemade valentine cards, or set them on your child’s plate for a fun surprise on Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Activity
Inside each balloon put an alka seltzer tablet. HINT: You may need to break art the tablet to get it to fit – don’t worry it will still work just fine!
Now is a great time to ask students what they think will happen. We like to use these scientific method worksheets to encourage kids to think scientifically about the experiment – make a hypothesis, write down their procedure, and record their observations.
Valentine science experiments
Fill up a clean bottle 5/6 of the way up with water. We added food coloring to add to the excitement of this activity and asthetics, but it is not necessary! When you are ready to reveal the message with a fun valentine science experiment, put a balloon over the opening of the bottle (so it fits tighly). Now the balloon straight up so all the alkazeltzer falls into the bottle, let go, and watch what happens!
Valentines Day Activity
A chemical reaction is taking place as the alka seltzer tablets hit the water, carbon dioxide is released. The air needs to go somewhere so it will push out towards the balloons and fill them up – inflating the balloons.
Valentines Day Activities
Kids of all ages will be impressedas they watch the balloons fill up like magic, all on their own. Explain to them how the chemical reaction in this chemisty science experiment for kids has made the balloons swell up with air – carbon dioxide.
Kids will be excited to see the secret messages appear with notes that may include their names, be mine, i love you , hugs and kisses, XOXO, etc. This is such a simple and fun heart science experiment everyone should try!
Valentines Day Alphabet
- Valentines Day Activities for Kindergarten – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- ABC Hole Punch Valentines activities for kindergarten – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- H is for Heart Worksheets – practie tracing and writting the letter h.
- ABC Valentine Worksheets for Preschool and kindergarten – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Alphabet Valentine Preschool Worksheets – with a free pritnable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies (pictured above)
- Valentines Alphabet game – kids will have fun matching upper and lowercase letter heart puzzles
- Grab some converstion hearst and our printable alphabet pages for a fun, hands-on Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Math
- Valentines Day Worksheets with Snap Cubes – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Free Snap Cubes Template cards for valenties day
- Lock and Key valentines activities for kids – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Valentine matching game printable – fun game to help kids work on number sense
- Count to 20 valentine math activities for preschoolers Clip Cards- kids will have fun practicing counting using a ten frame with this fun math activity for prek / kindergartners
- Chocolate Shape Preschool valentine games – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Count to 10 Valentine math activities for preschoolers – young learners will have practicing counting sprinkles and matching the puzzles
- Super cute Valentine Roll and Cover Printable for preschoolers
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentines Day Math – fun heart multiplication activity to practicing multiplying by 2s-12s with a self-checking activity for February
- Count and Trace Valentine’s Day Counting Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Printable Valentines Day Counting Cards – these cute Valentines Day Counting Cards are great for young learners
- Free Valentines Day Math Activities with conversation hearts – includes free printables to work on fractions, graphing, and more!
- Valentines Day – Greather Than Activity using valentines day candy!
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this February activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Activities
- Have a blast with this outrageously fun Oobleck valentines day activitiies for preschoolers or this red valentines day oobleck version
- Grab this Free Valentines Day Printables with Stem challenges using Lego bricks
- Shimmery pink Slime Valentines recipe kids will love!
- Grab some pretty straw for this Valentine STEM activities
- Find lots of fun February Activities for kids here!
- EPIC Purple Slime Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Red Hot Valentines Slime recipe for kids
Valentines Day Crafts & Activities
- 30 Fabulous February Crafts for kids of all ages
- Valentines Day Crafts for Kids – even more unique and creative heart crafts for kids
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Fingerprint Heart Tree is such a cute Valentine art and craft ideas for preschoolers
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Valentine Cookie Bath for Kids
- Heart Sticker Valentine projects for toddlers – super cute and precious Valentines Day craft for kids
- Learn about famous artists with this beautiful Matisse Valentines Art Project
- 26 Valentines Day Projects for Kids to make with their hands
- 21 Conversation Heart Crafts for Kids – kids will have fun crafting with this traditional valentine candy
- Valentines Day Countdown Craft for kids
- H is for heart worksheeet and simple hand art craft
- Heart Mobile Valentine’s day craft ideas – super cute and simple craft for February
- Simple Salt Painting Valentines Day activities for preschoolers with free templates