Bring the magic of discovery to your Christmas learning this December with these super creative and fun Christmas science experiments. These Christmas science activities are perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students. Whether you choose the grow-your-own Christmas tree as a Christmas science projects, make a galaxy Christmas ornament, dissolve candy cane, or one of these other clever Christmas science ideas- there is bound to be several Christmas experiments your family will love trying together this holiday season!
Christmas Science Experiments
Try these Christmas Science Experiments for Kids to help kids enjoy the magic as they discover the wonder of Christmas science! Preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students will love and remember fondly all the amazing discoveries they made with these science experiments for December and they still talk about them and ask for repeats, even the day after we did it the first time!
Christmas is a wonderful time of year. Kids can explore imagination, art, self-control, delicious snacks, and a whole lot more. We homeschoolers typically like to celebrate our holidays with a bit more education behind our activities. That is why these Christmas Science Experiments Kids Will Love are the perfect way to celebrate Christmas in your homeschool.
Christmas science activities
Learn about sprouting seeds in this Christmas Tree Growing Experiment from Gift of Curiosity.
Kids can learn about liquid viscosity and color mixing in this galaxy Christmas ornaments experiment.
Learn about color mixing in this Christmas lights light table experiment from Little Bins from Little Hands.
Young kids will have fun with this fun-to-watch Melting Christmas Tree
Find out if Christmas objects sink or float in this science activity from KC Adventures.
Christmas Science Projects
Make a snowglobe that bubbles on its own with this chemistry Christmas experiment from Schooling a Monkey.
Lean how snowflakes form in this snowflake science investigation from Kitchen Counter Chronicles.
Kids will learn all about the density of snow, ice, and water in this fun snow science experiment from STEAM Powered Family.
Learn how much water a Christmas tree needs to live in this science investigation from Mama Smiles.
Dissolving candy canes is a super fun and super sweet science experiment from Lemon Lime Adventures.
Jingle bells will dance in this fun Christmas twist on the classic science experiment from Modern Preschool.
Make “frozen” pinecones from Borax in this fun Christmas science experiment from Planet Smarty.
Grow a crystal Christmas tree in this science experiment from We Made That!
If you try any of these Christmas science projects, let us know! We’d love to see your version of these ideas.
You’ve got to try this EPIC, Spinning Christmas Tree Christmas Science Project. Or this Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM Activities
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 100+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Super Cute FREE Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Nativity Worksheets Printable Pack
- Nutcracker Worksheets for Kids
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Leave a Reply