Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and that means we get to fill our homes with hearts, our days with playful valentines day activities like this simple and FUN Valentines Day science making a love potion. This fun valentines day science experiment is a simple baking soda and vinegar reaction with a little fun added to make it a magical valentines day activity kids will enjoy learning and playing in February. This activity for valentines day is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
Valentines Day Science
Make science come alive by adding some hearts and a fun WOW effect that will have kids engaged and make learning FUN this Valentine’s Day. This is such an easy valentine science experiments with a little sizzle using a chemistry science experiment perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. So sneak in some learning to your day with a Valentines Day theme at home or in the classroom with this valentine’s day science experiments. This is perfect for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers alike.
Valentine science experiments
This valentine science activities preschool is fairly easy and inexpensive and can be mess free too! There are a few options for this experiment, the first being if you want the liquid to be colored or not. We added red food coloring to ours so that it would be even more Valentine’s Day themed, but this optional. I would suggest doing a light color so that you are able to see through the liquid and see the dancing hearts. Even though red is not necessarily a light color, we only did a little so it was more of a pink color.
- A Clear Jar
- White Vinegar
- Conversation Hearts
- Baking Soda
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Glitter (Optional)
Valentines Day Activity
Start by filling your jar ¾ the way full with white vinegar. Add in your food coloring and mix well.
Drop in the conversation hearts and even glitter if you want.
Valentine’s day science experiments
When you are all ready to try your valentine science, add a TBS of baking soda. You don’t need much for a reaction to occur.
At first you will just see a bunch of bubbles and ‘eruption’. The bubbles will settle and then watch. The hearts will slowly but surely start moving. Then after another minute or so, you’ll have dancing hearts in a jar.
How amazing is this valentines science preschool? This is the perfect valentine’s day science activities for kids. Even older kids will be amused by this!
Once we watched our hearts dance for a while inside the jar, we decided to move it to a pie pan. We wanted to see what would happen and to our excitement we learned that they still move, even with only an inch of vinegar. They moved in various directions instead of just up and down as they did in the jar. It was fun to watch! So grab some simple materials from your pantry and try this valentines day chemistry this February!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Super cute Valentines Day Activity sorting mail by parts of speach!
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
Valentines Day Math
Looking for some fun valentines day math activities, free Valentines day worksheets, and other ideas to learn in February – check these out!
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentines Fractions Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Love Potion – Valentines Day Science
- Balloon Valentines Day Science Experiment
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Valentine Cards
- Conversation Heart Ooblek – FUN Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Salt Painting Valentines Day Activity
- EASY Skittles Valentines Day Science Activities
- Valentines Day Magic Milk Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Oil and Water Valentines Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Love Potion #9 Valentine’s Day Science Activity
- Happy Slime-tines – Free Printable Valentines Day Cards
- EASY Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
- Practice shapes with this hands-on Valentines Day STEM Activities
- Density for Kids Science Experiment for Valentines Day
- Fizzy Heart Science Project – Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids