Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and that means we get to fill our homes with hearts, our days with playful valentines day activities like this simple and FUN Valentines Day science making a love potion. This fun valentines day science experiment is a simple baking soda and vinegar reaction with a little fun added to make it a magical valentines day activity kids will enjoy learning and playing in February. This activity for valentines day is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
Valentines Day Science
Make science come alive by adding some hearts and a fun WOW effect that will have kids engaged and make learning FUN this Valentine’s Day. This is such an easy valentine science experiments with a little sizzle using a chemistry science experiment perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. So sneak in some learning to your day with a Valentines Day theme at home or in the classroom with this valentine’s day science experiments. This is perfect for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers alike.
Valentine science experiments
This valentine science activities preschool is fairly easy and inexpensive and can be mess free too! There are a few options for this experiment, the first being if you want the liquid to be colored or not. We added red food coloring to ours so that it would be even more Valentine’s Day themed, but this optional. I would suggest doing a light color so that you are able to see through the liquid and see the dancing hearts. Even though red is not necessarily a light color, we only did a little so it was more of a pink color.
- A Clear Jar
- White Vinegar
- Conversation Hearts
- Baking Soda
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Glitter (Optional)
Valentines Day Activities
Start by filling your jar ¾ the way full with white vinegar. Add in your food coloring and mix well.
Drop in the conversation hearts and even glitter if you want.
Valentine’s day science experiments
When you are all ready to try your valentine science, add a TBS of baking soda. You don’t need much for a reaction to occur.
At first you will just see a bunch of bubbles and ‘eruption’. The bubbles will settle and then watch. The hearts will slowly but surely start moving. Then after another minute or so, you’ll have dancing hearts in a jar.
How amazing is this valentines science preschool? This is the perfect valentine’s day science activities for kids. Even older kids will be amused by this!
Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
Once we watched our hearts dance for a while inside the jar, we decided to move it to a pie pan. We wanted to see what would happen and to our excitement we learned that they still move, even with only an inch of vinegar. They moved in various directions instead of just up and down as they did in the jar. It was fun to watch! So grab some simple materials from your pantry and try this valentines day chemistry this February!
Valentines Day Language Arts
- Chocolate Sight Words Valentine’s day activities for preschoolers – matching activity to practice identifying and reading key sight words.
- Parts of Speech Valentines Day Activities – perfect for February, this valentines day activity is a great way for kids to practice sorting noun, verb, and adjective Valentines.
- Rhyming Valentines day worksheets to cut and paste and practice identifying rhyming words
- Heart CVC Words Valentine activities for kindergarten– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Color by Sight Word Valentine Worksheets – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Valentines Day Sight Words Mats – super cute, low prep activity for practicing bulding sight words
- Roses are Red Poem Rhyming Puzzles – Valentines day activities for kindergarten
- Valentine’s day spelling – this is such a fun spelling activity for Valentines day with kids of all ages
- LlamaValentines Writing free printable stationary to work on writing skills in February.
- Short i words heart mats to help kids practice short i words
- Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar – give kids ideas to encourage lots of writing practice with this free printable
- Pre-writing Valentine Worksheets for preschool
- February Writing Prompts – print off these writing prompts that containt different sized lines for K-4th graders
Valentines Day Math
- Valentines Day Math Activities – students will have fun practicing addition and subtraction within 10 while making this super cute cut-and-paste February math craft
- Free Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Valentine math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Measurement Valentines Day math worksheets for helping upper elementary age kids with learning about measurements
- Valentines Roll and Cover math activity for working on number sense
- Happy Valentines Day Mouse Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Math
- Color by odd and even numbers Valentines Day Math Worksheets
- Hundreds Chart Valentines Day Color by Number Worksheets for Febuary
- Fun Valentines Day Math working on estimating with kids
- Valentines Day Worksheets learning about symmetry with drawing prompts.
- Heart Penguin Skip Counting Strips – simple Valentine math for kindergartners
- Valentines Day Color by Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Love Monster Ten Frame Valentines Day Math Activities
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s day worksheets for preschoolers!
Valentines Day Science
- These super cute and EASY Science Valentines use science to blow up a balloon to reveal a hidden message
- Simply science fun Fizzy Love Potion Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Kids will be amazed with this fun density jar Valentines Day Science Experiment (honey, corn syrup, maple syrup, hand soap, water, vegetable oil)or try this density valentines day science (corn syrup, whole milk, lavender dish soap, water, baby oil, rubbing alcohol)
- Quick and easy, February Fizzy Hearts Science Experiment
- Valentines Day Experiment making slt crystal hearts in February
- Simple Dancing Hearts Experiment – Valentines day activities for preschoolers and kids of all ages!
- February themed, Simple balloon static electricity experiments for kids
- Valentines Day Science with Magic Milk activity
- Love Potion #9 Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
- Simple Oil and Water Valentines Day Science for kids
- Skittle Heart Science valentines day activities for toddlers
- 25 Epic Valentines Day Science Experiments for kids
Other Valentines Day Printables
- Cactus valentine craft – free printable valentine activities for preschoolers to cut and paste
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- I spy Valentine Worksheet – this is a fun valentines day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Hugs and Kisses Tic-tac-toe Preschool Valentine
- Valentine coloring pages for preschool – kids will have fun improving coordination and strengthning fine motor skills with these pre writing pages.
- Free Valentines Day Pre-Writing Worksheets – fun way for kids to strenthen hand muscles and cordination with a fun February theme.
- Sunday school valentine crafts – perfect February craft for students learning about the ten commandments
- Simple, Free Valentines day coloring pages pdf – simple coloring pages perfect for toddler, preschool, and kindergartners
- Plus don’t forget to grab these valentine books for preschool or take a peak at our Preschool Valentine Ideas or our Valentines Day Theme for Elementary age students.
Leave a Reply