I just can’t believe that Valentines Day is coming up soon! We thought we would make a heart craft to spread some love! So today we are sharing a really pretty and unique fingerprint heart tree project. The best part is for this Valentines Day Craft, we get to fingerpaint! This valentine’s day crafts for preschoolers is perfect for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade too. So grab some custruction paper, paints, and your child and we are ready to make a fun Valentines Day Art Project for February.
Fingerprint heart tree
This super cute valentines day craft involves making some pretty fingerpainting art, using it to cut out hearts, and making a fingerprint heart tree. Better yet, this easy valentine crafts is personalized with a traced hand tree trunk to make it a truly special valentines day handart project you will treasure for years to come. This valentines day craft for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students is easy to make and such a fun valentines day activity for preschoolers.
Valentines Day Craft
All you need are a few simple supplies to make this cute finger paint heart. This heart tree craft is such a cute valentine crafts to make in February!
- Light pink or white construction paper
- brown construction paper
- paint in “Valentines colors” like red, pink, and white.
Valentine’s day crafts for preschoolers
I traced my sons hand on a brown piece of construction paper, leaving room to draw the rest of the tree trunk coming off of it. I then cut it out. Voila, a tree trunk!
Now it’s time to get painting!
Valentines crafts for kids
First, dip a finger into the paint and start fingerpainting onto the pink (or white) construction paper. Use multiple colors to paint all over the paper.
Easy valentine crafts
Continue until the paper is mostly covered with color, or until satisfied with the fingerpainting. Let dry completely.
Valentine craft ideas
After the paint is dry, it’s time to cut out hearts. To do this, cut the painted paper into strips, and then fold each strip to cut out small hearts.
Valentines day activities for kids
Set the hearts aside and glue the tree trunk onto a blue piece of construction paper.
Valentines arts and crafts
Make glue dots all around the hand portion of the tree and begin gluing down the hearts. Don’t worry about gluing them down completely. It looks 3D if you let the sides pop up and overlap a bit with neighboring hearts.
Valentines handprint crafts
Let the glue dry and your artwork is done. Isn’t it pretty!?
Valentines Day Alphabet
- Valentines Day Activities for Kindergarten – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- ABC Hole Punch Valentines activities for kindergarten – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- H is for Heart Worksheets – practie tracing and writting the letter h.
- ABC Valentine Worksheets for Preschool and kindergarten – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Alphabet Valentine Preschool Worksheets – with a free pritnable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies (pictured above)
- Valentines Alphabet game – kids will have fun matching upper and lowercase letter heart puzzles
- Grab some converstion hearst and our printable alphabet pages for a fun, hands-on Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Math
- Valentines Day Worksheets with Snap Cubes – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Free Snap Cubes Template cards for valenties day
- Lock and Key valentines activities for kids – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Valentine matching game printable – fun game to help kids work on number sense
- Count to 20 valentine math activities for preschoolers Clip Cards- kids will have fun practicing counting using a ten frame with this fun math activity for prek / kindergartners
- Chocolate Shape Preschool valentine games – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Count to 10 Valentine math activities for preschoolers – young learners will have practicing counting sprinkles and matching the puzzles
- Super cute Valentine Roll and Cover Printable for preschoolers
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Valentines Day Math – fun heart multiplication activity to practicing multiplying by 2s-12s with a self-checking activity for February
- Count and Trace Valentine’s Day Counting Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Printable Valentines Day Counting Cards – these cute Valentines Day Counting Cards are great for young learners
- Free Valentines Day Math Activities with conversation hearts – includes free printables to work on fractions, graphing, and more!
- Valentines Day – Greather Than Activity using valentines day candy!
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this February activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Activities
- Have a blast with this outrageously fun Oobleck valentines day activitiies for preschoolers or this red valentines day oobleck version
- Grab this Free Valentines Day Printables with Stem challenges using Lego bricks
- Shimmery pink Slime Valentines recipe kids will love!
- Grab some pretty straw for this Valentine STEM activities
- Find lots of fun February Activities for kids here!
- EPIC Purple Slime Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Red Hot Valentines Slime recipe for kids
Valentines Day Crafts & Activities
- 30 Fabulous February Crafts for kids of all ages
- Valentines Day Crafts for Kids – even more unique and creative heart crafts for kids
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Fingerprint Heart Tree is such a cute Valentine art and craft ideas for preschoolers
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Valentine Cookie Bath for Kids
- Heart Sticker Valentine projects for toddlers – super cute and precious Valentines Day craft for kids
- Learn about famous artists with this beautiful Matisse Valentines Art Project
- 26 Valentines Day Projects for Kids to make with their hands
- 21 Conversation Heart Crafts for Kids – kids will have fun crafting with this traditional valentine candy
- Valentines Day Countdown Craft for kids
- H is for heart worksheeet and simple hand art craft
- Heart Mobile Valentine’s day craft ideas – super cute and simple craft for February
- Simple Salt Painting Valentines Day activities for preschoolers with free templates