I just can’t believe that Valentines Day is coming up soon! We thought we would make a heart craft to spread some love! So today we are sharing a really pretty and unique fingerprint heart tree project. The best part is for this Valentines Day Craft, we get to fingerpaint! This valentine’s day crafts for preschoolers is perfect for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade too. So grab some custruction paper, paints, and your child and we are ready to make a fun Valentines Day Art Project for February.
Fingerprint heart tree
This super cute valentines day craft involves making some pretty fingerpainting art, using it to cut out hearts, and making a fingerprint heart tree. Better yet, this easy valentine crafts is personalized with a traced hand tree trunk to make it a truly special valentines day handart project you will treasure for years to come. This valentines day craft for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students is easy to make and such a fun valentines day activity for preschoolers.
Valentines Day Craft
All you need are a few simple supplies to make this cute finger paint heart. This heart tree craft is such a cute valentine crafts to make in February!
- Light pink or white construction paper
- brown construction paper
- paint in “Valentines colors” like red, pink, and white.
Valentine’s day crafts for preschoolers
I traced my sons hand on a brown piece of construction paper, leaving room to draw the rest of the tree trunk coming off of it. I then cut it out. Voila, a tree trunk!
Now it’s time to get painting!
Valentines crafts for kids
First, dip a finger into the paint and start fingerpainting onto the pink (or white) construction paper. Use multiple colors to paint all over the paper.
Easy valentine crafts
Continue until the paper is mostly covered with color, or until satisfied with the fingerpainting. Let dry completely.
Valentines day ideas for kids
After the paint is dry, it’s time to cut out hearts. To do this, cut the painted paper into strips, and then fold each strip to cut out small hearts.
Valentines day activities for kids
Set the hearts aside and glue the tree trunk onto a blue piece of construction paper.
Valentines arts and crafts
Make glue dots all around the hand portion of the tree and begin gluing down the hearts. Don’t worry about gluing them down completely. It looks 3D if you let the sides pop up and overlap a bit with neighboring hearts.
Valentines handprint crafts
Let the glue dry and your artwork is done. Isn’t it pretty!?
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Super cute Valentines Day Activity sorting mail by parts of speach!
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
Valentines Day Math
Looking for some fun valentines day math activities, free Valentines day worksheets, and other ideas to learn in February – check these out!
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentines Fractions Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids