Kids will have fun learning about nocturnal animals with this huge pack of free printable nocturnal animals worksheets. Included in these nocturnal animals worksheets are fun nocturnal animal clipart to help toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students learn a variety of math and literacy skills. We’ve included in these nocturnal animals worksheet material to help them practice alphabet letter matching, counting, addition, color matching, and so much PLUS information about animals that prefer to come out at night instead of during the day.
Free printable nocturnal animals worksheets
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love the HUGE variety in this 70-page printable pack! Students from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students will have fun practicing a variety of skills while learning about nocturnal animals for kids. Some of the nocturnal animals included in these preschool worksheets include: bat, firefly, owl, mole, moth, porcupine, mouse, racoon, skunk, spider, squirrel, and a rabbit.
Nocturnal Animals Worksheets
Nocturnal Animals free printables
Print the sheets that practice the skills you are working on with your toddlers, preshoolers, prek, kindergartners, first graders, and 2nd graders.
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lowercase and uppercase letters together. Can also be used to practice spelling beach-related words.
- Number Cards – Cut out and laminate and use to match the word to the number.
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- I Spy – Count the objects.
- Beginning Letter Sounds – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
Nocturnal animals free
- Syllable Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Count and Clip Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy
- Subtraction Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
Nocturnal animals worksheets kindergarten
Use these pages as extra practice, science center in your classroom, summer learning, homework, animals theme, or enrichment activity for any science curriculum.
- Odd One Out – Circle the object that is different.
- What Comes Next? – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Finish the Patterns – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
- Creative Writing Pages – Write a story about the picture.
- Count the Fireflies – Count the fireflies in the jar and then clip the correct answer. (Count and clip cards)
- Color Matching Cards – Look at the picture and clip the correct color. (Look and clip cards)
- Number Matching Cards – Decorate the numbers and laminate for durability. Use for number recognition and matching/memory games.
For all the cards and puzzles activities, I prefer to print them out on white card stock and laminate them for durability and repetitive use. They can be kept together in zip lock bags or with binder rings.
- Animal Homes Clip Cards
- Farm Animals and their Homes Flip Book
- Nocturnal Animal Game for Kids
- Zoo Animal Reports
- Free Zoo Animals Worksheet – several leverls to choose from toddler, prek, elementary and middle school
- Jello Animal Cell Project
- Animals and their Babies Matching Game
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Silly Animals and their Habitats Activity
- Animal Habitats Worksheets to complete with circle stickers
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Animal Cookie Matching Activity
Animal Activities for Kids
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Endangered Animals Worksheets
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
- Turkey Life Cycle Worksheets
- Life Cycle of Salmon Worksheets
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Free Bat Life Cycle Worksheets
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheets
- Hatching Butterflies with Free Butterfly Printable worksheet and observation journal
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Game
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Free Hibernation Printables
- Shark for Kids Printble Reader
- Endangered Animals Worksheet
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Jungle Writing Prompts Worksheets for kids
Animals for Kids
Sneak in some additional learning activities featuring these amazing animals with these clever resources:
- Zoo Animals Color by Number
- Count to 10 Zoo Animals Reader
- Animal Homes for Kids Clip Cards
- I Spy Animals Worskheet
- Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Preschool Animals Theme
- Animal Activities for Preschoolers with Animal Cookies
- Beginning Sounds Animal Cards
- Uppercase Tracing Letters with Animals A-Z
- Printable Animal Masks
- Animal I Spy
- Count and Cover Zoo Animals with Cheerios
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
Nocturnal Animals for Kids
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.