After we teach the basics of ABCs comes teaching the difference between upper and lowercase letters. Some can be super simple, while others can be complicated and hard to remember. My daughter can read now and still sometimes gets some of the lowercase letters mixed up or forgets them. That is okay! Activities like this Valentine’s Day ABC Hole Punching are the perfect way to help reiterate what the lowercase letters are and how they match up to uppercase.
FREE Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- FUN Valentines Day Color by Number
- 25 EPIC Valentines Day Science Activities
- Valentines Day Create-a-Word
- Cut & Paste Valentines Day Rhyming Worksheets
- Free Valentines day Short I Word Mats
- Valentines Day Hundreds Chart
- Free Valentines Day Clip Cards
Valentine’s Day ABC Hole Punching
Since Valentine’s Day is not too far away, this theme is so fun. Fortunately, though, it’s just colored hearts. That means it can be used all year round, any day of the year.
This activity is SUPER simple to prep! Print out each sheet, there are 7 in all. Each page has four strips on it. On each strip, there is a different uppercase letter listed. I like to cut the strips out to make it easy to use the hole punch.
The purpose of this activity is for children to look at the uppercase letter that is placed in each heart. They match the lowercase letters to that uppercase letter and if it matches, they punch it out with a hole punch.
This is not only helping to practice upper and lowercase letters, but is strengthening fine motor skills and hand muslces that are essential for writing.
Valentines Day Letter Find
If you are using this in a classroom or want to be able to use it over and over, there are options. I would laminate each strip individually and use something other than a hole punch to mark the matching letters. This could be:
- Play Dough
- Dry Earse Markers
- Pom Poms
- Mini Erasers
Like I said, this is a great activity for Valentine’s Day but also makes a geat theme for any time of the year!
Valentines Day Activities for Kids
Kids will have fun practicing sight words with these FREE Valentines Day Sights Words Worksheets.
Kids will love practicing making alphabet letters with these Free Conversation Heart Alphabet Printables
This is such a fun Valentines Day Tradition that will encourage kids for years to come! (includes free printable)
This SELF CHECKING activity is such a fun way for kids to practice multiplication in February!
This is such a fun-to-make and beautiful Valentines Day Craft for Kids.
Valentines Day Books for Kids
Download Valentine’s Day ABC Hole Punching
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or single classroom use only (to share with others please direct them to this post to download their own copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!