After we teach the basics of ABCs comes teaching the difference between upper and lowercase letters. Some can be super simple, while others can be complicated and hard to remember. My daughter can read now and still sometimes gets some of the lowercase letters mixed up or forgets them. That is okay! Activities like these free printable Valentine’s Day Worksheets where preschool, pre-k, and kindergarte age children will Hole Punch Letters is the perfect way to help reiterate what the lowercase letters are and how they match up to uppercase. Simply download pdf file with valentines day activity and you are ready to play and learn.
Valentine’s Day Worskheets
This fun letter recognition is the perfect addition to your Valetnine theme! THis hands on alphabet activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners has children strengthen hand muscles as they hole punch letters. There are strips in the Valentines Day Worksheets for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z. These are fun valentines day activities for the month of Febraury andbecause it is just pretty red hearts, it can be used all year round, any day of the year.
Kindergarten Valentines Day
Hole Punch Letters
This activity is SUPER simple to prep! Print out each sheet, there are 7 in all. Each page has four strips on it. On each strip, there is a different uppercase letter listed. I like to cut the strips out to make it easy to use the hole punch.
The purpose of this activity is for children to look at the uppercase letter that is placed in each heart. They match the lowercase letters to that uppercase letter and if it matches, they punch it out with a hole punch.
Valentines Day Activities
This is not only helping to practice upper and lowercase letters, but is strengthening fine motor skills and hand muslces that are essential for writing.
Kindergarten Valentines Day
If you are using this in a classroom or want to be able to use it over and over, there are options. I would laminate each strip individually and use something other than a hole punch to mark the matching letters. This could be:
- Play Dough
- Dry Earse Markers
- Pom Poms
- Mini Erasers
Like I said, this is a great activity for Valentine’s Day but also makes a geat theme for any time of the year!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- February Writing Prompts
- Letter WRiting for Kids
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentines Day Tracing Pages – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentine Math Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Valentines Day Books for Kids
Download Valentine’s Day ABC Hole Punching
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or single classroom use only (to share with others please direct them to this post to download their own copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Totally love this activity! Perfect for my pre-schoolers, and what a cute theme!
what a blessing you are!!! what more can i say thank you for caring about our children to work so hard to help educated them. Sandy