Add some fun writing practice to the month of February with these free printable february writing prompts. Included in these february writing prompts kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students are creative writing prompts for February with the following themes: dental health month, valentine’s day writing prompts, Groundhog Day, and Presidents Day are just a few of the topics covered. SImply download pdf file with writing prompts for february and you are ready to play and learn!
February Writing Prompts
It is important to keep kids of all ages writing a lot to help them work at improving not only spelling, sentence order, punctuation, but expressing themselves cohesively. These february writing prompts are a handy tool to use with kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. Each writing prompts for february contain a black & white illustration your child can color as well as a writing prompt and a place to write.
February journal prompts
Writing Prompts for February
Print the pages you would like to use for writing activities for February. Each sheet has both large lined paper with three lines per page and smaller lined paper with 6 lines per page – making it great for beginer writers and elementary age students as well.
Students will use crayons, markers or colored pencils to color the picture or draw a picture for the prompt. Then they will use their pencil to write on teh ruled lines following the prompt on the page.
February writing prompts kindergarten
There are over a dozen writing prompts for you to choose from including:
- Groundhogs Day writing prompts – do you think the groundhog will see his shadow – why or why not?
- 100 days of school writing prompt – what 100 things would you like to celebrate?
- Dental Health Month Writing Prompts – what 3 things do you do to take care of your teeth?
- What happens to your teeth when they come out of your mouth?
- If you could go anwhere in the world this weekend where would you go and why?
- Presidents Day Writing Prompts – write a presidents day acrostic poem
- Who is your favorite American president and why?
- What are two things the President of the United States does for our country?
- Write a rhyming valentine’s day note for a family member
- What is your favorite part of Valentine’s Day?
- I really love ____ because_______
- My favorite Valentines day candy is…..
Presidents Day Activities for Kids
- Free Presidents Day Worksheets Pack filled with lots of ideas for your Presidents Day Lesson Plan
- Abraham Lincoln Crafts with paper plate and log cabin idea
- Presidents Day Hat – fun-to-make Tricorn Hat for Kids
- Free Presidents Day Coloring Pages
- Patriotic Worksheets for preschoolers and kindergartners
- Patriotic Subtraction Printables
- Red White and Blue Science Experiments – simple chemical reaction that will make kids say WOW!
- Easy American Flag Craft for Kids
- In Washington D.C. (our nation’s capital), fireworks light up the sky on Presidents Day to celebrate. Make your own Firework Craft for a truly beautiful and unique art project.
- George Washington Craft – super cute paper plate presidents day craft
- Presidents Day Spelling activity
- Abraham Lincoln Craft and writing project
- February Writing Prompts Kindergarten – prompts, clipart to color, and tracing lines for early writers
- Lots of fun Presidents Day for Kids ideas!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentine Math Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Download FREE February Writing Prompts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
As a new teacher, you are an amazing resource for me. Thank you Beth for sharing your wonderful crafts.