If you are looking for some fun ideas to get your child writing more, you are going to love these September writing prompts. Included in this set of september writing prompts first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and kindergartners are both writing prompts, ruled lines, and simple pictures for kids to color. Get kids writing with these writing prompts for september with themse including back to school, labor day, grandparents day, apple month, leaves, Johnny Appleseed, and more! Simply print the september printables and you are ready to play and learn!
September Writing Prompts
September means it is time to dive back into the business of learning! But that doesn’t mean it has to be boring. This fall month means it is time for apple theme in many elementary classrooms and lots of fieldtrips outside too. These September writing prompts are a handy, NO PREP way to get children to practice writing and expressing themselves. The most important thing about learning to write is LOTS of practice. We have a pack of writing promts for September filled with common themes to get kids creative juices flowing. Plus we have small and large ruled lines to accomidate as many young learners as possible. This kindergarten writing prompts for september is handy for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these september writing prompts second grade.
Writing prompts for september
September writing prompts first grade
Start by printing the black & white september writing prompts for kids. These free writing prompts for 3rd grade each contain an illustration your child can color as well as a writing prompt and a place to write.
Each sheet has both large lined paper with three lines per page and smaller lined paper for 2nd-4th grade with 6 lines per page. THe 27 pages include various creative writing prompts such as:
- I am excited about this school year because…
- Labor Day is the first Monday in September. What do you want to be when you grow up and why?
- Write a letter to your grandparents to celebrate Grandparents Day on September 9th
- My favorite book I read this summer is……. because. …..
- I really like _________________ about me because
- If you were going to change your school day what would you add or make different?
- September 22nd is the first day of Autumn. What things do we think of when we think of fall?
- What is your favorite thing about fall?
- Describe the perfect apple (color, taste, texture, firmness)
- What is your favorite thing to do, make, or eat with apples?
- If you found a Genie in a lamp what 3 wishes would you make?
- Write a story about a day you accidentally wore your pajamas to the grocery store.
- If I could have one extra day of summer I would . . .
- Red Apple Pie Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Super Soft, No-Cook Apple Playdough for Fall
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Apple Volcano Experiment and Activity for Kids in September
- Simple Apple Science Experiment and Activity for September
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Apple Stem Activity – Practical Engineering Challenge for Kids
- Melting Apple Science Experiment for September
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
Apple Activities for Kids
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
- Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
Kindergarten writing prompts for september
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply