Looking for a fun Bible craft for your Sunday School lesson on Jesus calming the storm. You will love this super cute, clever Jesus Calms the Storm craft from Matthew 8:23-27 including a boat craft and sinking sails game. This is such a fun way to keep kids engaged as you teach the children about Jesus. Use this with preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
Jesus Calms the Storm Craft
This Jesus Calms the Storm Craft is perfect for your Sunday School lesson with preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Kids will learn about how Jesus calms the storm from Matthew 8:23-27.
Our theme for this Jesus Calms the storm for kids was – Jesus has power over creation because He is God the Son.
Jesus calms the storm lesson
Jesus calms the storm game
Sinking Sails Game. We played a game to help recreate the storm so the kids would know what the disciples felt during the storm and that Jesus is always in control.
We made an outline of a boat on the floor using masking tape.
We added a sail we just happened to have laying around (just pvc pipe and a white paper sail that said Jesus has Power)
The 2-3 kids playing the disciples in the boat wore costumes (brown pillowcases with the head and arm spot cut out). Their goal was to get the “water (balled up blue paper) out of the boat.
The remaining kids were the storm and they kept throwing the water in the storm.
This was a simple-to-set-up game that was a huge hit with our group of 30 kids!
Jesus calms the storm craft ideas
We made a boat as a reminder of our story and that Jesus has power over all things. He even has power over creation.
Jesus calms the storm craft for preschoolers
This was such a fun, cheap, and simple to make craft!
We got a couple of pool noodles from the dollar store. (each pool noodle will make about 20 boats)
Jesus calms the storm preschool craft
Using scissors we cut 10 sections off and then cut the sections in half.
We used a hole punch to make 2 holes in our sails (we used free printable below) and then we inserted a straw in the sail and pressed the bottom into the pool noodle.
It was a great reminder for the kids to take home. And the boat craft actually will float in water.
Hint: We used the boat outline in the telling of our story and even brought in a leaf blower to help the kids feel the storm all around them. It was a wow moment for the kids for sure!
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack, Books of the Bible bulletin board, and books of the Bible bookmark.
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- Hopscotch Books of the Bible Games
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Scripture Cards pdf
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons
Jesus calms the storm crafts
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to share, please share a link to this page for others to download their own copy. Thanks!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
What a creative storm activity!! May have missed my timeline to use it this round, but it’s sure pinned for reference another time! Thanks for sharing.
this is so creative!
I love this idea, thank you for sharing, I will keep your policies. God bless you