Celebrate Columbus Day on Monday, October 12th with these super cute, free Columbus Day Printables. We’ve included both simple Columbus day coloring pages for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age children AND Columbus day writing prompt pages for first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade and 6th grade students to practice creative writing exploring themes from this famous explorer who discovered the Americas.
Columbus Day Printables
Columbus Day is a holiday celebrated in many countries in the Americas, celebrating Christopher Columbus’s arrival in the New World in 1492. Columbus was born in Italy, dreamed of sailing on a ship, and eventually moved to Portugal and worked in a shop selling maps. He even sailed on a ship that was sunk by pirates at one point. Columbus asked the King and Queen of Spain to finance his trip as he tried to find a shortcut going west to get to the valued silks and spices in the east. After a 2 month journey on their three ships: the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria – they spotted land in what they assumed was the Indies. In actuality, they found the New World and had landed in an island off the cost of Florida they named San Salvador. These Columbus Day Printables help children recall what they know about Columbus and practice writing too.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these handy resources to use with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Columbus Day Coloring Pages
Christopher Columbus Pictures to Color
Columbus Day Writing Prompts
Columbus for Kids
Columbus for Kids
American History for Kids
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, make a Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolution and famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? History comes alive as they learn about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- Printable 1950s for Kids printable book to color, read, and learn about life in America during the 50s
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
Simple Coloring Pages
If you are looking for even more free printable, simple coloring pages for kids, you will love these resources:
- ABC Coloring Pages
- Castle Knight Simple Coloring Pages
- Community Helpers Coloring Pages
- Circus Clown Simple Coloring Pages
- Fall Simple Coloring Pages
- Fairy Simple Coloring Pages
- Ancient Egyptian Simple Coloring Pages
- Earth Day Simple Coloring Pages
- Farm Simple Coloring Pages
- Jungle Animal Coloring Pages
- ***Over 500 pages of FREE simple coloring pages
Christopher Columbus Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from ScrappinDoodles License #94836
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!