Kids will love practicing their handwriting and writing skills with these super cute, free jungle writing prompts. These animal writing prompts are perfect for Kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students. These animal writing activities are a fun way for children to get excited about learning with writing ideas that will inspire children to be creative and write on ruled lines. Simply print pdf file with free writing prompts and you are ready for some no-prep writing for kids!
Jungle Writing Prompts
It’s so important for kids to be writing and reading all year long. Children can loose 30% of what they learned in the previous grade during the summer if parents aren’t actively helping children practice to keep skills fresh. I created these creative writing prompts to help make writing fun and easy to incorporate into summer or your homeschool. So whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these no prep Jungle Writing Prompts. They animal writing activities are perfect for homeswork, extra practice, or summer learning with kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Animal Writing Prompts
Animal writing prompts first grade
Each page contains either a clipart picture for students to color or a blank box for children to draw their own illustration. Then the jungle writing prompts have a sentence or question to help guide your child to write on the following ruled lines.
- If I were as big as an elephant I would …
- If I were a a giraffe I would ….
- If I were as big as a hippo I would eat …
- If I were king of the jungle I would make a rule that…
- I would want a pet monkey because…
- One day, while I was walking in the park, I saw the coolest snake I’d ever seen. The snake….
- Tigers and house cats are both cats, but they are different because….
- One of my favorite things about being a pirate is our bird….
- Finish the poem: The zebra saw a special tree, The tree was lovely as could be. Some leaves were golden as the sun ….
Free Writing Prompts
Looking for more writing activities? Try these
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Roll a Character – Fun Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Jungle Writing Prompts
- Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Spring Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Pattern Writing
- March Writing Prompts
- Farm Writing Prompts
- Whale Ocean Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Free Winter Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Free Autumn Writing Prompts
- **Plus don’t miss all 500+ pages of Fun Writing Prompts for kids of all ages!
Animal Printables for Kids
We have lots of fun, hands on activities to teach kids about animals! Whether you are completing a zoology lesson , supplementing your homeschool science lesson, or just learning about your child’s favorite animals, we’ve got some fantastic resources filled with cute clipart and engaging activities:
- Animal Report Template
- Free Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt (includes simple picture clues for Pre k and more complex animal classification, biomes, endangered threat, etc for older elementary age students
- Animal Classification Worksheets to cut & paste
- Free Animals that Hibernate Worksheets
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 pages organized into 7 lessons to study aquatic animals using easy-to-understand text, hands-on science experiments, fun worksheets, and more with K-8th grade students.
- Animal Homes Clip Cards for kids
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Animal Life Cycle Printables
- Vertebrate and Invertebrate Worksheets
- Finish the Pictures ~ Animals
- Jello Animal Cells Project
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
Writing Prompt Worksheets
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!