Kids will love practicing their handwriting and writing skills with these free printable creative writing prompts for Kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
It’s so important for kids to be writing and reading all year long. Children can loose 30% of what they learned in the previous grade during the summer if parents aren’t actively helping children practice to keep skills fresh. I created these creative writing prompts to help make writing fun and easy to incorporate into summer or your homeschool.
So whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these no prep Jungle Animals Creative Writing Prompts. They are perfect for homeswork, extra practice, or summer learning with kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Animal Writing Prompts
Creative Writing about Animals
Each page contains either a clipart picture for students to color or a blank box for children to draw their own illustration. Then the jungle writing prompts have a sentence or question to help guide your child to write on the following ruled lines.
- If I were as big as an elephant I would …
- If I were a a giraffe I would ….
- If I were as big as a hippo I would eat …
- If I were king of the jungle I would make a rule that…
- I would want a pet monkey because…
- One day, while I was walking in the park, I saw the coolest snake I’d ever seen. The snake….
- Tigers and house cats are both cats, but they are different because….
- One of my favorite things about being a pirate is our bird….
- Finish the poem: The zebra saw a special tree, The tree was lovely as could be. Some leaves were golden as the sun ….
Writing Prompt Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!