Kids will love making these beautiful and truly unique Corn Crafts using mum flowers and cardboard. This corn craft for kids makes a lovely decoration for fall, Thanksgiving, or any time of the year. Plus, this is such an easy corn crafts for preschool, pre-k, toddler, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students.
Corn and mums are two things you see often in the fall. Both corn and mums are used for decorations and crafts, especially as a thanksgiving corn craft! Corn is typically harvested late August or early fall. Mums can be seen budding in the same timeframe. You will begin to see mums bloom in the fall with vibrant colors such as orange, yellow, pink, and purple. Have you ever thought of combining corn and mums? The effect of this flower corn crafts is truly quite beautiful and a lovely decoration your toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students to make.
Corn Crafts for Preschool
This activity uses cardboard to create a corn shape, while the blooms on mums become beautiful kernels! This activity is really easy to set up! It requires minimal supplies. You probably have these supplies in your house right now! Use this activity with your preschooler, kindergartener, or elementary age kiddos. This activity provides not onlt a great fine motor workout but it exposes kids to the many beautiful colors that both corn and mums can have!
The best part about this activity? You can reuse the cardboard shape over and over again!
Corn Craft for Kids
To create your Cardboard and Mum Corn, you will need:
- Mum blooms (with stems)
- Green paper
- Glue stick
Draw a basic corn shape on your cardboard with your pencil. Now cut out the corn shape. Trace around the cardboard corn on your green paper. Cut out the green corn shape.
Corn Crafts for Toddlers
Remove the center of the green piece to create the husk of the corn. It will be on the outside perimeter of the corn cob. See picture for more.
Glue the husk to the outer portion of the cardboard with a glue stick.
Using the sharp end of a pencil or a pointy object such as a skewer, poke holes in the cardboard. The holes need to be large enough to hold a mum stem.
Pick the mums off the stems, leaving a piece of the stem to insert into the cardboard. Have the child place them randomly to appear as corn kernels.
Enjoy this activity! The results are always beautiful!
This makes such a lovely fall art projects.
This makes a particularly fun thanksgiving craft for kids to make to decorate the home for the holiday dinner.
If you like this activity, you may enjoy these other flower activities:
Fall Activities for Preschool
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Cereal Tree Craft for Kids
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
- Leaf Printing with Markers – fun Fall Crafts for Preschool